Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Eggnog's Ruzzbot Uv Supreem Deff

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Eggnog McTinker

Eggnog McTinker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
  • Army Name:Eggnog McTinkerz WAAAAGH
Despite receiving some excellent sujestions for a barrelled weapon ammo feed thing, i've totally ignored them and built a gatling gun instead :biggrin it was a lot easier to make.

The pictures will reveal all the progress that has been made - note the start of the rivviting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

On the lower hull (the big boring slab of plasticard on the front) i am going to add two scorcha's to keep off infantry. It'll be fairly bristling with killy stuff when it's finished. There's also a crew ork climbing the ladder on the back. I'm also going to experiment with hammer head attachments to see what they look like. Then, of course, there's the gubbinization process.

I'm hoping to use this as a stompa in friendly's. I've just got to convince my opponant ;)

The end is in sight (woo hoo!)
But see, amid the mimic rout
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!

warlord nazdreg

warlord nazdreg

telescoping arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 517 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Jreko Face-o's Badmoon Brawlaz
Looking good gatling guns look better in my opinion. Could we have a picture of that ork climbing the ladder?
Naz.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my warboss

sign the potition for Damnatus to go on the screen: here

QUOTE (Scarpia @ Jul 25 2007, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, that's my car!

Gereth

Gereth

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 147 posts
This is one of those threads we're happy when it pops up with new stuff. The gatling gun looks incredible and also the rivits.... Just make sure you add some smaller ones in between the big ones... I guess it would look even better that way. Looking forward for more.
Ye Olde Painting Frog: Home of my painted models.

The Painting Frog: New home of my painted models.

Eggnog McTinker

Eggnog McTinker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
Unfortunately, those rivvitz are the smallest my leather hole punch can punch. Can other leather hole puncherz punch smaller onez? otherwise, i'll have to look into producing my own. Maybe thin, cut up disks of plasticard tubes will do? has anyone used that before? I'll post pictures of todays progress and of the back and crew either tonight or tommorow
The scenic solitude!

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
I think it looks great, good choice with the gattling gun, my only sujestion would be putting it slightly higher up, looks a lil bit too close to the ground. Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts
Looks great!

Greyfen

Greyfen

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 603 posts
Wow, this is working out great! I like the size of that gatling gun, it looks like it ballances the hammer well... or at least what we can see of the hammer in the picture. The model just looks mean :yes. Keep up the good work!
Greyfen

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
I like it! Its looking alot like krooza's. However, the gattling arm looks very static. I would try to put some worky bitz on there.
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Eggnog McTinker

Eggnog McTinker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
Yes, at the moment is looking rather plasti-cardy and boring. Gubbinz and worky bitz will come in due course ;)

I've just got meself some astoundingly cheap guitar strings that i'm going to use as cabling. Hopefully, the application of these will boost the orky tech look and break up the large surfaces. Rivviting has been put on hold, because Gereth came up the with the excellent point that I need smaller ones in between the larger ones. This will be done as soon as i get some smaller plastic rods. Tepok had another blindingly good sujestion of raising the gatling gun higher, so today i've hacked it off and raised it 7mm.

On wiv da pics!

Posted Image

I've built two hull mounted eavy skorcha' sponsons above the dozer blade. Good for burnin' stuff :thumbs

Posted Image

As per Nazdreg's request, i've put up a picture of the ladder climbing ork on the back. Sorry, i've taken it from a really bad angle, but i think you get the idea.

Posted Image

Ere's da ladder climbing ork seperately. The pic doesn't show it, but he has a kustomised slugga.

Posted Image

Da commanda in his "blastin' off a beakies 'ead" pose.

Posted Image

And just fer giggles, i've taken a barry shot. Sorry, but i couldn't get the hammer in :(
The scenic solitude!

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Oooh, the Immolator heavy flamers, if I'm not mistaken? Great choice for Skorchaz. :thumbs Sweet pose on the Kommanda now- he really looks the bee's knees. In fact, pretty sweet in general! The gatling gun could do with a lot more detailing, but I expect you know that already. May I suggest that you put a big "band" around the end of the spinny barrels on the gattling gun, as if that band is holding all the barrels together?

Da Goff Rokker

Da Goff Rokker

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 261 posts
  • Army Name:Da League of Ekstraurdinary Orks
Well, Eggnog, this Ruzzbot is coming along REALLY good, you are making a wonderful job in it! Job's a gud'un! :thumbs But I hope you don´t mind some suggestions that I think will improve it a lot - probably you already know all of them, but I will give them anyway... ;) :biggrin - As already discussed, try to make some smaller rivvitz. If you could not find a smaller leather punch try to find some very thin plastic rod and slice it. You could also make square rivvitz with thin plasticard, but in my experience they only look good if you cut them REALLY tiny, smaller than 0.5mm; - Once you get hold of smaller rivvitz, as Gereth suggested, place some of them between the bigger ones. This will look very cool! Also, the track plates would benefit a lot from some more detail, like placing 6 smaller rivvitz on each plate; - The track plates have some visible space between them, so you could try to add a little detail to this area also, like more rivvits or some thin plasticard bands; - If you have some plasticard tube that fits inside the gatling gun barrels this will be a great way to add detail to it, making this smaller tube sticking out of the larger ones a little bit. Well, that´s it! :cheers Now I will wait for the gubbinization process... Cheers! Da Goff Rokker

Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Pvt_Jack_Ryan

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts
Still looks great so far, I love the Ork climbing up the ladder, makes it seem like action is happening.

Eggnog McTinker

Eggnog McTinker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
Hello again. I've been busy with real life and a holiday, so i havn't really had any progress to show. But now I do :biggrin

Posted Image

As you can see, i've added an ammo drum to the gatling gun and have also partially gubbinzed the gatling arm.

Posted Image

Those new AI ork eavy bommerz have a lot of wires and hoses on the surface detail, and i really liked it so have done some for my ruzzbot. They were made from some old headphone leads.

Posted Image

That old fuel line was too weedy, so i upgraded it.

Posted Image

I've also been adding plate edging and generally tidying the model up. There's a set of dags and a glyph on the shoulder guards, but i dont think the pics show them.

I'm looking forward to getting this finished. I've got a new projekt that i really want to start work on...
The scenic solitude!

Eggnog McTinker

Eggnog McTinker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
Long time, no progress. :sowhat

Oh well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I felt a bit left out, what with the stompa-fest that's been going on on the forums. SO i decided to convert my Ruzzbot into a stompa. I have to beef the belly cannon into a stompa's primary weapon (it's a bit small at the moment) and convert the las cannon and the eavy skorchaz into shootas. Also, i have to make those tenderiser studs which i've been putting off for ages.

I really want this project painted and finished. It's been dragging on for too long.

CC would be appreciated.
The scenic solitude!

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Looking good! I think the tenderiser will make a convincing Strength D weapon once it finished. It'll be good to get this painted in time for the new Codex mayhem, you'll get to use it in all the megabashes and stuff that GW will be running to celebrate it. Out of curiousity, where did you get those rokkitz from?

Eggnog McTinker

Eggnog McTinker

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 238 posts
Waaagh! Da Ruzzbot uv Supreem Deff iz compleet!!!

It has a Deff Kannon, a drum-fed giga shoota, Two Hull-mounted flamers (to toast those who survive the dozer blade), a zzap gun, two rokkits, and, or course, a hamma uv deff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's lots of things this could be. It could count as an apocalypse stompa if you're prepared to imagine the zzap gun and the hull-mounted flamers as twin linked big shoota's. It could count as a leman russ demolisher, it could count as a battlewagon, i suppose. Or, of course, i could VDR myself a Ruzzbot ruleset. :biggrin

One last request for opinions: spikez or no spikez ?

Posted Image

I cant bring myself to make the decision.

Oh, and here's a link to the photobucket gallery. I think there's a few extra angles in there.

I might paint this myself, or, if anyone is interested in buying this from me, then I'm open to offers via PM :thumbs
The scenic solitude!

broodjeork

broodjeork

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 117 posts
this is looking very nice indeed keep up the good work damm, there should be a datasheet for ruzzbots, but then again this is a stompa
if brute force doesnt work, your not using enough of it

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
no spikes, the hammer looks too heavy already, I'd shave half off each end of it.
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Grat stuff :thumbs Really like the way you looted K00zA's concept while making it your own with all those small personal addons.

Spike! Spike! Spike! but not those large and flat ones. I would go with a meat tenderizer look :biggrin

Posted Image

warlord nazdreg

warlord nazdreg

telescoping arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 517 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Jreko Face-o's Badmoon Brawlaz
I agree with the snake if you are going to have spikes have them be smaller and round. But if you are either make the hammer smaller or beef up the supports.
Naz.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my warboss

sign the potition for Damnatus to go on the screen: here

QUOTE (Scarpia @ Jul 25 2007, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, that's my car!