Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Easy Waaaghers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
There was a little post office worker standin' around my front door when I got home tonite. He was kinda skinny, scrawny and gangly...but mostly green. He had a grin that could dwarf croc, and a nose ta boot. In his grubby little red paint covered hands, there was a box!
It was then I noticed the faint smell of burnt rubber and fungus brew, mixed with the stench of the unbathed. I knew The Easy Waaaaghers had arrived!
I quickly absconded the box and punted the postal worker as far as the gravitational pull of the Earth would allow. I raced in, opened the box...and oohed and aaahed and got ideas for what I was going to do.

The Easy Waaagher's is a Waaaagh community project, making its way across the 50 states and Canada. Morfangdakka has supplied the bikes and a big bag O'Bits. The bikes are going to make their way around the North American Continent, and each member will contribute a rider. They have 2 weeks to build and paint, before the box heads out into the shipping lanes once again. Lucky me, I was first stop!

Now, I had put a bit of thought into what I was going to do ahead of time. Or rather, I had a few ideas. I knew it was going to be a chopper, no doubt about it. I also wanted da boy to be drinking....so I thought it would be fun to throw a keg on the back. My only sticking points are....what am I going to do about handlebars? Suicide bars, perhaps. And then it hit me: HOMICIDE bars!
I am going to attempt to make this bike controlled solely by the big shoota grips. I will post a few more WIP, once I get some more ideas down. This is what I have to start with:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
C&C always appreciated, and I apologize ahead of time if none of the words make sense. I am a bit delirious right now :cheers
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Ein

Ein

Yellow Paint Job

• Boyz
  • 1,492 posts
  • Army Name:I still don't actually have a name for 'em.
Hah! Tremendous project, this, and interesting to boot! The orky progression in logic from suicide bars to homicide bars is appropriate and proppa. I am interesting in seeing what that entails.
Like my work? Check my blog!
http://www.the-warforge.com
Resin-cast bits and bobs for your armies!
WARFORGED MINIATURES

Adventures of a Prehistoric Puppet!
MURRAY THE DINOSAUR

Zorbag Skullsplitta

Zorbag Skullsplitta

Steel Teef

• Speed Freaks
  • 674 posts
  • Army Name:Skullsplittas Speed Freeks!!!
I'm next up! Finish em up you! Lookin good so far!
The Waaagh.. My sole diversion in what has otherwise been a pale and unamusing season.

There are some people who will tell you that haphazardly adding zombies to any game does not neccesarily improve it. Those people are idiots. GI

fester

fester

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 409 posts
You are going to have tubes running from the keg direct into his mouth arent you :) like the idea of homicide bars, hope it comes out as cool as it sounds

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Don't forget to mention that it was inspired by Da Road Trip that me and NginEEr started. ;) Yer off to a good start.
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

morfangdakka

morfangdakka

tougher than a cybork

• Deathskullz
  • 1,402 posts
  • Army Name:Morfang's Big Stompa Mob

Don't forget to mention that it was inspired by Da Road Trip that me and NginEEr started. ;)

Yer off to a good start.

Yeah you inspired it but you doing it with a trukk that probably has a roolcage and a wind screen for protection. You wouldn't want the wind to mess up your nice squig hair do. ;)

Glad to see it arrived safely and it looks like the bag of bits is coming in handy. I tryed to put things that might be useful. I can not wait to see the homicide bars.
QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Mar 24 2010, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, the Venerable Morfangdakka. It has a certain feel to it.

"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
Lil update here, I finally had some time to sit down and work on this. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to make the homicide bars work, but I am steadily progressing. If I knew the names of the parts I was putting on, I would name them. But I do not, so hopefully pics will do :).
I hacked apart a different boy, and have been messing with arm positions. This is going to be the trickiest part for me, in getting everthing to line up. I am going to try and break from the tradition of doing a wheelie, and go for the exact opposite. I want him to be landing, headlong, dakka flying into the fray. I have temporarily put the beer on hold, but I still think I am going to name him Groggo Kegsplitta.
I need to connect the handlebars, and finish up the homicide part. After that, its fix arms and gubbinize. I should have plenty of time to work on this tommorrow.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Say hello to my new friend, razor saw! I am the slowest mek in existence, this should double my speed!
Posted Image

If any of you have some handlebar advice, ie how can I reconnect them to the bike, I could use it. Thanks for looking, C&C always welcomed!
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

40kDad

40kDad

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 397 posts
Dude, you need to watch more OCC. :cheers One possibility is to bring the handlebars out the top of his hands and bend them up and over and then together. Use some 12 AWG or 14 AWG wire and create a nice "artisitic" bend coming up out of his hands and into the front fork. Or, if you are real good, take a banna pole top from the blorcs and heat the horns and bend back to make the handlebars. Another thought is to tilt the boy as far forward as he can go. It would depend on his head position, but lean him over the motor, fuel tank as far as he will go. This would give a drag bike look to it. Just some thoughts. Good luck on the Road Trip!

Skinskull

Skinskull

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 11 posts
  • Army Name:Skinskulls Boyz
Interesing project, hope to see more! The positioning looks good at the moment, and i liek the way the bike is looking, though it woud be pretty easy for a Enemey to blow the area between the wheel and the hood away - Maybe add some armour plates arond there? Thanks, Skinskull
"Maybe all we ork boyz do iz fight and die. But you know what? We'ze good at it, an we'ze still gonna win!"

Warboss Gorgutz, Dawn of War: Winter Assault

Zorbag Skullsplitta

Zorbag Skullsplitta

Steel Teef

• Speed Freaks
  • 674 posts
  • Army Name:Skullsplittas Speed Freeks!!!
Lookin good so far bro. Can't wait to get my hands on them and do something terrible. Keep on crackin. And yes handlebars meeting hands is the hardest part imho, on building scratch bikers.
The Waaagh.. My sole diversion in what has otherwise been a pale and unamusing season.

There are some people who will tell you that haphazardly adding zombies to any game does not neccesarily improve it. Those people are idiots. GI

ozzy_da_boss

ozzy_da_boss

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
  • Army Name:Da Boyzz
I love it!!!!!!!!! Ork choppa, now thats a proppa war bike!
Dem udda boyz iz gettin mor food!!

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
Woo, it's been a few days since I have been able to post any pics. It has also been a hectic time trying to get the forks attached to the frame in a way I liked. Well, I finally got it right and now I just need to do some gubbinizing.
The homicide bars I am still thinking about, because they are just not working out yet. I needed to get some basic bars and forks done first...we shall see what it develops into. I really like the way how casual yet badass he looks in his current pose.
Here are a few pics, I am hoping to get some more things done on this tonite.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thanks for looking!
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

Acid Burn

Acid Burn

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 304 posts
  • Army Name:Da Face Melta Boyz
this is ingeed a great chopper bike i relay like the fuel tank on the back, however the front wheel is far too small for a chopper bike, mabe the larger wheel off the wartrukk perhaps or any bigger wheel come to that. i realy like the glyph on the front aswell
OOMANS ARE PINK AND SOFT, NOT TOUGH AND GREEN LIKE DA BOYZ

itainteasybeingreen

itainteasybeingreen

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 461 posts
  • Army Name:Bloodaxes
Damn, I thought I was gonna be the first one to try "ape hangers"! I've found the best way to connect the boy to the bars is to use choppa/knife arms and pivot the wrists. You could use spear arms and call the bit that sticks out the bottom of the hand the end of the bar, but with the weapon haft you get something that more looks like the grip than just the end of the bar. I think you should move the two uprights for the handlebars a bit closer together and angle the bars themselves back a bit, but other than that (personal pref) lookin' gud! :thumbs
Use the search function, ya git!

Don't feed da trolls , call da arborkz ta krump dem!

QUOTE(ThorDUDE @ Nov 26 2007, 07:51 AM) View Post
We are the knights who say 4chan!

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
Ahh, I hadn't thought too much about angling the bars. I think I have the boy positioned pretty good, and I will be adding something to the end of the bars to differentiate from being a choppa end. I wish I had a bigger buggy wheel, Acid. I used the extra ones I had already. I do have some other random tires, but they pretty much dwarf the one on there and make it look silly. I am going to test out adding some plasticard to the front wheel to bulk it out some. Thanks for the comments guys, keep em coming!
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

40kDad

40kDad

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 397 posts
Try this link to get some ideas of different handle bars. I like the Liberty bike's bars myself. :cheers

Orange County Choppers

fester

fester

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 409 posts
You definitely need to get a bigger front wheel.

for some reason, the evil part of me sees 2 buzzsaws (like Ein's looted dread's arm) as the front wheel. Screw the physics of it ;)

Sorry for being presumptious - i got bored for 3 mins :)
Posted Image

DentedHead

DentedHead

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 395 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gorskull (aka Da Bloodskullz)
How about an artillery wheel? The big metaly ones that came on big gunz. You could GS a tyre on to it, or P-Card it up to look like buzz saw blades.

As for the homicide bars, if you mounted the gunz up near the headstem, the rider's arms should reach (I don't have a spare bike to test the theory on...)
Pity you can't get this projekt to stop over down under... sounds like fun!

Dent.
Killa Kan, 45pts... Stikkbomb Chukka, 3pts... Armour Plates, 5pts...
Ignoring 3 penetrating hits in a row...priceless. Some things, teef cant buy. For everything else, there's Mekanikard

QUOTE(Fishhead Slackjaw McGee)
Edit: ...Ive been promoted...to suction foot. Awesome?

Lookit ma picz an figz an fingz.

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
Hows this for a new front tire?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Easy Waaaghers
Da DurDregga

warlord nazdreg

warlord nazdreg

telescoping arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 517 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Jreko Face-o's Badmoon Brawlaz
I like it alittle more beefing up and your good
Naz.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my warboss

sign the potition for Damnatus to go on the screen: here

QUOTE (Scarpia @ Jul 25 2007, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, that's my car!