Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A new BOss to lead my WAAAGH

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Captain_Vyper

Captain_Vyper

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
Well I took a break from my orks, then I got crazy bogged down with contract work, then I moved to Hawaii. So now I have some time and wanted to build the Boss that is Wysiwyg to the way I run him. SO here are the wip just after I built him, I have a few mold lines to clean up and a few tweeks to make before I primer and paint, and I will be adding an Iron Gob to the finished product. I rush ou the pics on these , sorry bout that the next ones will be better.
Just wanted to share and will be updating as he goes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ya know, we should sculpt some female Orks. What!? Yeah the customers want em and I think we can sell em besides they have to come from some where. I dont know about that. Well whats your idea? Lets make em come from mushrooms! ........?WTF!?

http://www.pbase.com...vypers_pit/root

gizmo

gizmo

Burna Boy

• Goffz
  • 397 posts
Thats a great use of bitz on him vyper whats that bosspole from?
Like so many have said before me WOW he's enormous!! was dis guy's pappy spawned from a squiggoth?

500 profile views and 350 posts? I must be doing something right.

Onraj

Onraj

Swab Squig

• Grotz
  • 79 posts
I guess it's a Skaven banner. With that.. V-ish symbol on the top. I like the use of spiky bits on the Power Klaw. Is that guitar wire or something attached to it?
We'z gunna stomp da whole ooniverse flat

Captain_Vyper

Captain_Vyper

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
The top half of the pole is indeed from a skaven sprue, the botton is off the old Speed freak bike pole ( I needed something with a thicker base to put a heafty pin through). I dont remember where I got the metal glyph from GorkaMorka maybe cant remember. There is 3 different sizes of guitar wire on him, 2 in the head and the biggest in the claw. You cant see it in the pic but he has a Goff glyph plate from the original BattelWagon sprue on the top of the power claw were the blades meet. One of my fav part of this so far is his "Waaagh Caster" I used the old search light bit as a speaker so he can strike the fear of Mork into em. LOL
Ya know, we should sculpt some female Orks. What!? Yeah the customers want em and I think we can sell em besides they have to come from some where. I dont know about that. Well whats your idea? Lets make em come from mushrooms! ........?WTF!?

GrotRob

GrotRob

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 68 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Grogbreff (Deffskullz)
Looks great so far. I really like the cables sticking out through the back of the head, and the bosspole looks great as well Just one stoopid question.... From which model is that powerklaw? Ghassie? mega Armour Nob? :blush Keep it up /GrotRob

Captain_Vyper

Captain_Vyper

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
OK his face and skin are almost done here he is so far,
Posted Image

Acid Burn

Acid Burn

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 304 posts
  • Army Name:Da Face Melta Boyz
wow i realy like this guy, like the banner (nice and big) and i realy like the PK generator good choice in bits. is that a guitar string you used (if it is how much do they go for?) nice job on the skin a realy nice green colour with lots of detail so far great work. ps he looks rather similar to one of my recent warbosses that ive done lol
OOMANS ARE PINK AND SOFT, NOT TOUGH AND GREEN LIKE DA BOYZ

Captain_Vyper

Captain_Vyper

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
Yes the PK is from Gaz. Yes the wires are guitar string, I bought a package of them a while back, I know they were on sale and in an odd place like a barging bin at big lots or something. Basicaly they should not have been there so I honestly dont know if they were too expensive or not. I would think they are not too hard on a wallet. I have the body of the Boss painted now just need to do the power pack and the arms. Will try to update this thread in the morning.

Onraj

Onraj

Swab Squig

• Grotz
  • 79 posts
Beautiful work on the skin. Mine always comes in really visible layers. You have to thin the paints a lot, i guess?
We'z gunna stomp da whole ooniverse flat

Kronork

Kronork

particularly odious and dishonest barrister

• Speed Freaks
  • 2,564 posts
He looks really good, the ghazzie klaw is a classic, nice idea flipping it around for positioning on the right arm. :thumbs I would say that I think the spiky codpiece looks a bit odd, sorta tacked on. A bit late for changes now tho, but I'll reserve futher opinions till it's painted. :) Other than that, good work, looks to be a really fine boss. :yes Cheers

Hac in hora,
sine mora,
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem, sternit fortem
mecum omnes plangite!

Captain_Vyper

Captain_Vyper

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
I think the "gut plate" is a good fit, its probably just the angle of it right now. The problem I ran into was when I did the pack, and the PK he looked really skinny in the middle and legs. Way to top heavy looking, so I added it over the exsisting plats of armor to bulk him out, along with a bit from a kroot frame. Will try to get an updated pic in the morning

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,476 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Hmmm, wysiwyg, well then he looks like he got the spikes and blades option. :lol I like him. Nice choice of bits. I think Kronork reservation is valid. If you had tapered the corners of the shoulder pad to make it more gut shaped and maybe blended the ends in with GS a bit it would look far more belt-like. Of course, a lot can be done with the paint job, so I'll reserve judgment as well. Super paint job so far. :thumbs
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Nice gubbinization of your WarBoss. The banner pole is very nice... the spot-lite makes him a little bit BigMek-ish... which I like ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Da Grimpond

Da Grimpond

'Ead Graft

• Blood Axez
  • 731 posts
This guy looks really good! Gotta say I am rather jealous!

Captain_Vyper

Captain_Vyper

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
ok lads here is a mid way paint pic to keep ya updated.
Posted Image
and one a little closer, I am still messing with my photo set up as the red in here is not quite what it looks like on my fig, the rest is pretty spot on. The top pic is a bit closer to what he looks like true color wise than the bottom one.
Posted Image
will update as I go.

Kronork, how is the gut plate now? Still think it looks odd or has the colors pulled it into the fig?

DaMonk

DaMonk

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 139 posts
Really gorgeous greens, and I like the tongue / gums great conversion aswel, good stuff all round

four_2113

four_2113

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 275 posts
  • Army Name:Gettin' up to 2500 points of Deffskulls.
Lookin' great soo far, Captain!!! What you formula on your skin??? I think the belt looks fine, and the glyph is great!!! Keep it up, cause I really wanna see the finished product!!!
"You're only as old as the people you feel."- Grishgrub

Captain_Vyper

Captain_Vyper

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts

What you formula on your skin???

I use alot of blending of colors so it sort of hard to explain, I use Vallejo Game colors
Goblin Green,as the base over a black primeryou can do it two ways, leave black showing through where is needs to be or paint all the skin green. The I add Scorpy green into the goblin to start to lighten up the green. I concentrate on the high spots till I like the way it looks, then I add Livery green into that and repeat the process on the higest spots. As a side note I do the same on my grots only using larger amounts of the lighter colors. Hope it helps

( this whole bosses and nobs are darker color thing is relatively new, GW did not always use this idea and I started painting this army right when the released the new ork figs. I like the brighter ork anyways)

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,019 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
This guy is coming along nicely. It was a good build to begin with and the paint job is really bringing it all together. :thumbs I'm going to have to disagree about the gut plate, I think it looks proppa. You didn't try to disguise the fact that it is a shoulder pad, so it does look like he ripped it off of a lesser boy and bolted it to his belt. In that regard, I don't think it looks out of place at all. Plus, I like the way you painted it to look grimey. I'm really looking forwad to seeing the finished product. :biggrin
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

four_2113

four_2113

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 275 posts
  • Army Name:Gettin' up to 2500 points of Deffskulls.
Thanks for the heads up on the paint, Vyper... That's actually very close to my grot formula, just a hair lighter... I primer black, and base all my greenskins in Dark Green first.But your blending is great, where mine is...errr... adequate. Vallejo paints FTW!!!
"You're only as old as the people you feel."- Grishgrub