Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Kamikaze Nob and friends

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Squig Hugger

Squig Hugger

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 31 posts
  • Army Name:Flufie's Hoard
i think it is from a savage ork boar boy.

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Found it. http://uk.games-work...t...&orignav=13

Another question if you dont mind. :)

How did you make the rokkit head? It looks very perfect to me, and looks almost as it was done with a mold.

:cheers
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I did it by hand. No mold., just a lot of time. I was pleasantly surprised with the way it turned out.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
You got me stumped on that head as well - and I thought I knew the whole ork (fantasy an 40k) for the last 10 years. But from the angle shown I have no idea where that head came from. I am really glad you decided to fix the feet. That was the one part of the model that just kept screaming "i don't belong!" to me. I always hate when I see a great conversion marred by a simple detail such as that - which can throw off the whole look. He looks great now! With all the talk about whether he is taking off and stuff - I like the image of him flying along instead of in the process of taking off. Like the arm is so heavy he cannot get more than a few feet off the ground and so he is just chugging away barely above the ground and dragging the klaw along.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
May I suggest you repose the head to look at the claw?? For the what the :bleep ?! why isn't it going up like it should! Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

Da Green Goob

Da Green Goob

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 136 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krooked Teef Tribe
That is one snazzy and krumpy lookin Nob you have there :thumbs I really like that fact that you used the much bigger Klaw, and makes it very much unique, especially how you made him dragging it along the ground, as if he is gonna go back to da Mek or Dok who put it on him, Krump him up a bit and then ask for a proppa one that won't hinder his flying. I love the goggles and can;t wait to see him painted!
"We'z painted Blue kuz We'z Lucky, an' We'z Lucky kuz We Krump an' Loot Everyfing!" - Krooked Teef Tribe Battle-Cry

"Errr... Boss... Yer startin ter Float..." - Oil Grot Beanz to Big Mek Tezla, as he activates his Kustom Force Field

"Da best armor is uvver Boyz." Krooked Teef sayin

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
The feet look fine now. I really like him. And I agree that you did an amazing job on the shape of the jetpack.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Metaphorazine

Metaphorazine

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Da Buhg Smashaz!
Now that's a proppa stormboy PK! :) I love everything about the model, it screams Ork. You could maybe put a grot on the base pushing the claw along the ground, but it's golden as is.

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Small update: Except for a rivit here or there, he's done. I'll be adding more debris to the base as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

(Sorry for the poor pic quality, I didn't have time to set up the lights)

Tepok - I tried to reposition the head, but it wouldn't turn far enough. It just looked like he was looking, contemplatively, off into space. And we all know, that's not very Orky. :nono
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

Nozeminer Studioz

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Here's the 101 on GSing flames.

I'm still working on a good technique for doing flames. This probably isn't the best way, but it's what I've come up with so far.

First, I start by making a cone out of GS, as you'll need something to use as a base so the GS doesn't move around too much when you're sculpting the flames. Make the cone into roughly the shape you want you flames to be.
Posted Image

After that has cured, wrap some more GS aroung the cone. Blend the seem together a bit. Then, start at the tip of the flames, using a sculpting tool or Excato knife, push slightly into the GS and then pull some of it back out toward the tip in a wavey line. Repeat this as you work your way around the cone, and when you get back to the starting point, move down towards the base and start the next row. Keep doing this until you've covered the whole cone.
Posted Image

Make sure you add some randomness to the lines. First pull the wave one way and then vary it up occasionally by pulling the wave to the opposite direction. The hardest part will be the tip of the flames. Just keep working it until it looks good.

Nozeminer Studioz

Da Blue Ork

Da Blue Ork

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 410 posts
  • Army Name:Fish'ead Lootaz, Da Grot Rebellion uv Da Zzap
awesome 101, now I need some GS :D
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

korika

korika

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 62 posts
Another awesome conversion by Noz
Heresy grows from Idleness

bad buddha

bad buddha

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 353 posts
  • Army Name:big mek Ork-skar and his inglorius bastards!
me thinks it looks ded sexy! :thumbs
Dra skinnet bakåt...
a cheap hobby is not a real hobby!

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
thats a good 101... need to try that on my outriders when I get back to them (once the warboss is done, the gargant painted, the grenadiers finished, the grenadiers' chimera finished and the Battle fortress finsihed) Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

rebreather

rebreather

'Ard Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 874 posts
  • Army Name:Kult of Speed
Thanks for the 101 Nozeminer. I guess I now have to add some flames to old zagstruk & the boyz :biggrin That nob really is outstanding! I love the over sized klaw. Landraiders beware! :choppa

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
It looks good and thats a helpful 101. My only gripe is that I don't care for the flames that close to edge of the thruster. I think it would have looked better if the flames were the size of the initial cone you sculpted. But regardless, it is a great model! :thumbs
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Hmmm. The flames look a bit like a hair-squig with a beehive is hiding in this thruster. Shouldn't they be sort of longer and more ragged looking?
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Biv

Biv

Frantik

• Freebooterz
  • 2,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Bivrok!!
I'm really lovin' this guy. I would, however, make the gouge in the base a bit more pronounced.
Step 1: Collect orks
Step 2: ...
Step 3: Waaaaaaaaagh!

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
I wanted to give the impression that the rokkit had a more powerful thrust, that's why the flames are a bit big. As I said, I'm still working on my flame technique. The only 101 I've seen on GS/sculpting flames was the GW one. And IMO, I didn't think it was that great. When/if I find a more useful way of doing flames, I'll pass it on here.

Nozeminer Studioz

phattonythedon

phattonythedon

'Ard Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 836 posts
  • Army Name:Kap'un RedDread's Freebootaz
yet another great concept and great build by the noz, i shall be keeping an eye on this little beauty! well done noz, great work! :thumbs

be the change you want to see in the world