Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Kamikaze Nob and friends

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I've finally decided to build another Stormboy nob since I can't use Zagstruk in every battle.

I decided that Fundastruk should have a little extra punch for some of the bigger, nastier things out there, so I gave him a power klaw. Being an Ork, Fundastruk thought that bigger was always better, so he had the meks build him a huge klaw. Only one little problem though...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

It looks, right now, that he's using the klaw to leap over something, hopefully once I get it based and get the head on it will look like it's dragging along the ground because it's waaay to heavy for the rokkit to get him airborne.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
I think it will look way to big unless you do one thing: for the head, if possible, have him looking irritably at the claw. Unless you give the visual cue that it's too big, people will probably think you just made the claw, well, too big. Oh yeah, because of his name maybe you could toss in an AC/DC reference. Maybe write AC on one shoulderpad, put a lightning bolt on his helmet, and DC on the other pad.

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
I think it looks great! You just need to drama-fy his legs more. I think if you tilted them so that it looked like his whole boddy is leaning/pushed forward by the rokkit, and the huge klaw being dragged afterwoods. :cheers
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral

I think it will look way to big unless you do one thing: for the head, if possible, have him looking irritably at the claw. Unless you give the visual cue that it's too big, people will probably think you just made the claw, well, too big.

I think the idea was to make it insanely big, and I think it looks amazing! Keep it UGE! I think the concept is so Ork, strap a rocket on your back, attempt to fly fast, but also bring the largest most ridiculous power klaw with you...brilliant

:cheers
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Gashbad

Gashbad

Stompa Warz Champeen

• Freebooterz
  • 2,510 posts
  • Army Name:Gashbad's Loudboyz
I reckon you aughta use some putty to simulate the lines made by the klaw dragging through the dirt
This user has been given a total of four (4) 'free" rants as sporeday gifts from the members of this site.
Some conditions apply, check coupon for details

Hammerz

Hammerz

Slugga Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Hammerz
You've got some really beefy Nobz eh, the way all of your big buys have massive arms. If I were oyu i'd lie the claws themselves on the side, GS some flames and make it look like he's trying to take off but unable to take to because of the weight. Might not do much value game wise, but it would be hilarious for me.
QUOTE (Andrew the Eternal @ Feb 8 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay, now I have shame! Before I was shameless.:biggrin

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

I reckon you aughta use some putty to simulate the lines made by the klaw dragging through the dirt

Gash beat me to the suggestion! This idea would probably be the best way to bring credibility and get the image you are after.

Also I think you should reposition the feet a bit. Right now the pose is too much of a standing pose which does not convey the idea of flight very well. Just cut them at the ankle and reposition the feet into positions where the toes are pointed more at the ground.

As always the plasticard and GS work is top notch. I really like this idea!
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Ein

Ein

Yellow Paint Job

• Boyz
  • 1,492 posts
  • Army Name:I still don't actually have a name for 'em.
Definitely incorporate the base into this! Like the other have suggested, plant the talons of the klaw halfway into the ground and leave huge 'tears' in the ground behind where he's flying from to suggest he can't even get it off the ground and he's just plowing it through the terrain as he flies.
Like my work? Check my blog!
http://www.the-warforge.com
Resin-cast bits and bobs for your armies!
WARFORGED MINIATURES

Adventures of a Prehistoric Puppet!
MURRAY THE DINOSAUR

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
his legs look like hes standing awkwardly on nothing. angle his legs and any wires/ straps kinda droopy, not flapping tooo much in the wind, because the dragging klaw would slow him down. I'd also add some sort of hydraulic mechanism to lift the klaw in combat, or beef up that side of his body MASSIVELY, cause right now it looks like his awm could shear off at the elbow if he tried to lift it.
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

Tinners

Tinners

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 362 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Korp uv Krump
That looks crazy, in a good way. I agree with gashbad, have a \ / shape in the ground behind where the claw is

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Thanks. :blush I plan on having a massive drag mark behind the klaw and a pile up of debris in front of it. I positioned his legs and body that way because he's just "taking off". He hit the ignition switch and his body took off, but the klaw didn't move as fast as the rest of him, so there's kind of a whiplash effect going on. I was thinking of having a mini-me-like Snotling with a rokkit on his back trying to help lift the klaw. As for lifting the klaw on combat, he didn't think that far ahead. ;)
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

Nozeminer Studioz

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
More cool stuff from the Noze. At first, I thought the power klaw was simply too big, but looking at him a bit more I think it's going to look good. All your models are a little exaggerated (in a good way), and this is perfectly in keeping with that theme. And the greenstuff/plasticard work is terrific :thumbs My only criticism is the feet, which look as though he's still meant to be standing on something. I think you need to reposition the right leg so it's angled back a bit, and replace the foot on the left leg so it's straight, not bent - it would only bend like that if it was taking his weight.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Warlord Penfra Siabe

Warlord Penfra Siabe

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 239 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Penfra
Would agree that the legs need repositioned but apart from that I really like the concept.
Warboss Penfra Siabe slayer of the Broodlord, the Avatar, Tom's chaplin and Richard's Daemon Prince.

BigOrk

BigOrk

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 89 posts
  • Army Name:Ork
Looking Great.. I tend to agree that the feet need a little work, especially the bent one that looks like he's standing on something, as far as the head is concerned i also agree that he should be looking irritably or shocked down at the power claw. I think a mini-me grot would be a great idea, holding onto the powerclaw and looking like he and his rokkit is straining to pull up the claw. I still think your green stuff work is second to none, looking forward to the updates.

MolsonBeagle

MolsonBeagle

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 284 posts
  • Army Name:Pending: open to ideas ;)
to go with the whiplash idea i'd reposition his whole body so that its above the klaw, maybe even making the rocket pointing at the ground. the idea being that the rocket shot him up but the klaw stayed on the ground causing a 180. think: the rocket on a swing, it would swing back and end up pointing at the ground.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,826 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Digital Camera: 50 Plasticard: 20 Greenstuff: 1000000000 (This is Noze's greenstuff collection after all) Ork Bits 5 knowing your Stormboyz Nob has the biggest Powerklaw in the world... Priceless.

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef

knowing your Stormboyz Nob has the biggest Powerklaw in the world...

Priceless.

That sounds very much like a challenge, Dim_Reapa. ;)
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Thanks. :blush

Yeah, I was being lazy when I built him. That's why I didn't do anything to his feet, but you slavers called me on it. :whip ;)

Unfortunately it's too late to do anything about the position of the legs without melting some of his parts. I was able to chop up and reposition his feet though. The basic shape of the base is done as well. It's going to have a bunch of rubble and other "garbage" covering most of it, except in the furrow, which will be mostly mud.

It's kind of hard to tell from the pics, because I had to hold him and the camera at the same time, but he looks more like he's trying to gain altitude but the klaw is holding him back.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Actually Dim, his klaw is the same size as Ghazzie's klaw. I wanted to make it a giant combination of his and a nob's klaw. I was surprised when I put this one next to Ghazzie's klaw and saw that they were just about the same size.

And, "Greenstuff: £1000000000", That's just for this month. ;)

Nozeminer Studioz

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Much better. Well done. :thumbs Would you mind telling me were you got that head from?
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
The dankest, darkest recesses of the very bottom of my bitz box. ;) To tell you the truth, I'm not sure where he came from. I think it was part of a bitz order I did when I first started Orks a couple of years ago. He might be from the fantasy range. He looks a little feral-ish to me.

Nozeminer Studioz