Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big GunZZZZZZZ

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

mrX

mrX

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Here are the first steps, blocking the foam and cutting the base. I ran a razor knife along the edges of the base to give it a worn rocky look. I use liquid nails to glue all my foam. It holds nice and sets pretty quick.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More pics in following post
Peace
X

mrX

mrX

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Things kinda changed from the original idea, but i likeie much better

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I turned this around in an afternoon. Its on my paint table now and will be done tonight. New pics in a day or two

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
Looks great so far! Keep those pics coming....

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
I like this alot, very orky, great inspiration for ork town entries... must get started some time.... Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

bagahammaz

bagahammaz

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 215 posts
  • Army Name:death skullz
very nice but the only thing i have to say is that you should make the giant cannon look more secured to the platform other than that its dead sexy :thumbs
he who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
That's a days worth of work? Wow! Looks great! It's going to look incredible on the table. Can't wait to see it painted. What did you use for the railings? I have to agree that the big gun needs some supports, other than that, :thumbs :thumbs !
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Metaphorazine

Metaphorazine

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Da Buhg Smashaz!
Looks very nice, but needs some kind of shroud like the others have said to make it believable. Maybe like this one but not so big in relation to the barrel, and without the weedy 'ooman in front of it. :D

Mukrot

Mukrot

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
Looks great and very Orky, but the gun does need some sort of support and guard.

mrX

mrX

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Here's the paint jobbie job.. i think ill add some glyphs also

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Peace
X

DaMonk

DaMonk

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 139 posts
Looks awesome, reminds me of the rocky town area in Final Fantasy 7 heh, very orky though, I like it, the reds look real good

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
Awesome again, really good, great paintjob, especially checkers, which i can't paint whatsoever. Hope to see more :thumbs :thumbs Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

Gash Nak Iron Toof

Gash Nak Iron Toof

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 570 posts
Great job man. Very nice.

Check out Maxmini , Kromlech and Puppetswar for great conversion bits!

My blog: www.elotsip40k.blogspot.com

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Great stuff there. Not much to say, very good red that you have achieved.
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Da Blue Ork

Da Blue Ork

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 410 posts
  • Army Name:Fish'ead Lootaz, Da Grot Rebellion uv Da Zzap
Bloody amazing rock formations! This is truly spectacular orkyness. Sell sell sell and buy a hundreed batallions for da toofs!
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
I gotta say, that was achieved with the speed and skill you would find from a GW team member. Nice work! I look forward to watching your name pop up, so that I can be impressed again. :cheers
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Gashbad

Gashbad

Stompa Warz Champeen

• Freebooterz
  • 2,510 posts
  • Army Name:Gashbad's Loudboyz
Magnificent. Simply magnificent :thumbs *adds to klassics*
This user has been given a total of four (4) 'free" rants as sporeday gifts from the members of this site.
Some conditions apply, check coupon for details

KOTzulus

KOTzulus

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 47 posts
  • Army Name:Da Ded 'Ard Dred Boyz
Nice! How did you paint the gun? , the red looks awesome! Also how did you do that in one day!? Looking forward to seeing more!

mrX

mrX

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Actually it took 1 day to build and a day for painting. I painted the gun first with a base coat of black. I drybrushed tin bitz first on the barrel. After that i drybrushed on chainmail. When that dried i applied chestnut ink to the joints to give it that greasy oily look. The red was done pretty much the same way, black base coast then a drybrush coat of black cherry and then cardinal red. I used craft paints i bought for a buck a bottle. The only citadel paint i used was on the barrel of the gun. Thanks for you kind words everyone. Theres more to come, i have some stuff done but have yet to take pictures. More of Ork town to come. Peace X

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
Ya I find that the best paints to use on terrain pieces are craft paints - even the metals. Terrain is just so large that it is impractical to use expensive model paint on. Craft paint is good enough quality to use on minis and it is dirt-cheap which makes it excellent for terrain. The only issue I ever had with craft paints was that the pigment tends to break down easier when you really thin it down - so it is not the best choice for really advanced painting. It does great for drybrushing though.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

WarbossKurgan

WarbossKurgan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,034 posts
  • Army Name:Da Fifty Fiff Bad Redz Brigade
:eek :eek :eek Oh my Zoggin' Gork - I love it! Really great work mrX! :thumbs
Warboss Kurgan Ironhead
and
Da Fifty Fiff Bad Redz Brigade