Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big GunZZZZZZZ

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Lono

Lono

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 45 posts
This one is pretty cool, but the big, bright symbol does make me think it would sit well in some sort of Ork music video. Perhaps a little too clean and overly designed. Other than that it's groovy. The big gun is just awesome though.

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Awesome work! What paint do you use? I would imagine GW paints run our very fast when used for terrain. :cheers
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Totgeboren

Totgeboren

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:Gutrippaz smashaz
Fantastic! The only thing I see that could be better has already been pointed out. The white background for the big glyph could do with some dirtying up, and the text on the canister should be covered up. But this is absolutly fantastic. Your attention to detail really bring them to life. :cheers Just gotta ask. Are the walls made from the inside packaging you get in Aftereight boxes? :)
"It is the misfortune of beings to be for us nothing else but useful showcases for the contents of our own minds."
/Harry G. Frankfurt

My orks.

My Stompa uv Deff!

My Traitor Guards and Word Bearers!

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Great stuff. I agree that the whilte outline of the glyph... whilst making it realy stand out... does look off. Maybe coz its just so very white.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
You could keep the contrast effect of the white background on the symbol by painting it as metal. Just make it a shinier metal than the rest of the base. Also I agree with the rest that the Gatoraid lettering has to go.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

mrX

mrX

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Cerma caot craft paints .. rock I will dirty up the white, but the gatoraide stays i like people to see and know that i am using crap from around the house to build my shizz Thanks for the props X

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
I use ceramacoat paints for all my stuff. I've been using the same paints for over 8 years. Back when I bought them they were only .79$ each. Woohoo! These terrain pieces are truly stunning. I just started to build some buildings and I can see many ideas I will be looting. I also agree about the gatorade logo needing to be obscured. Great builds, awesome paint.
Where's da trukk?

mrX

mrX

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
ok ok :choppa
i pimped the Blood Ax glyph so it loos more grungy... rusty metal was the choice. I painted it white at first for contrast. The original paint job had a black border and it didnt stand out at all. Thanks for the suggestions, i think rusty metal works good.

Posted Image

Thought I'd also drop in a couple photos of a Big Mek and a Kommando i just finised

Posted Image

Posted Image

Peace my brothers
X

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
Good god I need a BOOOOOOTIFUL! macro for this thread... your work is just so.... Booooootiful.... the GLyph looks very proppa now, and your orks are awesome, except the Mek needs to be converted as it is an ugly sculpt.

Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

Totgeboren

Totgeboren

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:Gutrippaz smashaz
I like the big mek as he is. I think thats the only metal fig in my 3000 pts ork horde that I havnt converted. :P Really great paintjob all round I must say. Really top-notch work. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff here. :cheers
"It is the misfortune of beings to be for us nothing else but useful showcases for the contents of our own minds."
/Harry G. Frankfurt

My orks.

My Stompa uv Deff!

My Traitor Guards and Word Bearers!

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
I don't think the Big Mek's head is that bad. It is not the best ork head in the range - but it is not that bad. The rest of the mek is a good sculpt. He is a bit static, but that looks purposeful since he is leaning on his axe. The goblin sitting in the backpack is a different story. That is THE WORST grot/gobbo head I have seen on a GW mini in well over a decade. In fact, it is probably one of the worst GW sculpts in at least 10 years - even Gary Morley dd better stuff.

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)
apparently Captain Corteaz was voted the worst GW sculpt, ever......

I just dont like the head, the ears are nice, but the rest of the head needs a PK in its face, I also dont like the KFF and the arm that is holding the KFF control..... there's something Panzee about it..... dunno why....

The rest of the body is quite nice, the details are good, and it's a good pose for a mek, except that he's way to static, the head should be angled so that he's looking at his KFF control.

Tepok

Proppa Unproppa

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
Captain Cortez was indeed a poor model - although 90% of Gary Morley' sculpts were worse. However, Cortez did have an excellent backpack which is worth ordering in large quantities for anyone planning on doing a crimson fist army - or even imperial fists.

Warboss Thrugg

Warboss Thrugg

Loota Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,243 posts
  • Army Name:Thrugg's Thugs
Capt. Cortez is the disco-dancing beakie, right? Anyways. I like the glyph-sign much more now that it's grittier.
"I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And racoons. On fire."
- Richard, Looking for Group

mrX

mrX

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Sorry Fellas, my pics got lost when i switched servers. I have added some new pieces and a custom Stormboy over on my website mrxonline. I'm looking for some suggestions on some new pieces i can do for my Ork Town.

Peace
X

Rakka Dakka

Rakka Dakka

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 768 posts
  • Army Name:'ard toofs
the shanty town building is looking really good. some other buildings- mek shop, the bosses building, a coms tower, a tank factory, scrap piles, watch towers, fungus farm, shooting range, and some stuff like that. You might want to look at the ork town comp thats being held in the arena for some more ideas.
theres no greater thing than the WAAAAGGHH!

Mukrut rocks the Avatar world

fester

fester

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 409 posts
Looking through your models, it seems that you are consistantly doing great work.

however, the stormboy just doesnt do it for me.

orks looting drones, yes ( http://i164.photobuc...oteddrones1.jpg is my biker drone)
i think you need to make the drone look more looted, and less like the boy just hitched a ride.

I want to use drones for my jetpacks too, but i am going to fix them to my boys backs and build little boosters into the drones.
lose the fish'ead guns on the model too... imo orks wouldnt still have them on there, they look much to flimsy.

Metaphorazine

Metaphorazine

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Da Buhg Smashaz!
Is there a bigger picture of that kan anywhere?

Narziss

Narziss

Slugga Boy

• Grot Rebelz
  • 378 posts
  • Army Name:DeffKorps of Waaargh!
wow! nice Homepage... do you have any Lobba close ups..... they look f :bleep ing great! Awesome, absolutely awesome..... Greetz :cheers Da Mek
-------------------------

Home is where your Rucksack is!