Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gargant Gogmek

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 372 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh! Grimbad
Well, apologies for some bad photos, 'ere he is:
Posted Image
fully assembled so far
Posted Image
dissasembled, including the unfinished klaw
Posted Image
The klaw. Not visible on the other side is a built-in skorcha.

Yes, the head is too big. The head was the first thing I ever built out of plasicard though.
The gargant is built around an airzooka, or the top two rings anyways, which made it really easy to do. The feet are going to be big (think gargant in platform shoes) because they're going to be hollow to fit trukks inside of. The right eye is glass and is going to be all zappy when it's painted. The right arm is a giant double gatling kannon. It was built before I found a nearby source of plasticard. The shoulder of it has two decks: Squig pen (no squigs in it yet) and kannon. There is also a kannon on top of the head. The head interior is going to be filled with control panels when i'm done.
I'll post more pictures as I complete more components, in the meantime, what do all of you think?

Choppa

Choppa

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
Nice looking gargant dude - keep us posted :thumbs
Gizzus me Shoota, we iz off to bust sum 'oomies!

Garglh

Garglh

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 119 posts
  • Army Name:Da Party Krashaz!
I agee with choppa. That thing is huge! :o The 'ed looks real good :thumbs Is it going to have a kannon in its eye?

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
Good start, with room for improvement. Add towers, on the ends of scaffolding (sprew) structures. Would look good on his back. needs feet
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 372 posts
@ garghl: No, but the glass eye will have lightning around the edges making it a zzap gun. and it will be huge, currently 1' tall. With the big feet it'll be 14.5", almost qualifying it for great gargant status by Kr00za's size chart. However, i'm going to call it a slasha as the big feet are just for fitting stuff inside.

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
after seeing this nd your squiggy, you seem to have alot of ambition and are slightly lacking in the skillz catagory, but you can improve, to save some moo-la, i would start with stuff like scratch built trukks and battlewagons
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 372 posts
small stuff like, say, warbuggy, armored wartrukk, kustom tank, two small flyers and a larger version, a junkatrukk and a grot with a powersword? Wish granted. :lol
Posted Image
front
Posted Image

The small flyers (they're called swoopas) will get thier own thread when I get around to making a third. They're very efficient to build, consuming only 5cm x 9cm of plasticard, a grot, and some gunz

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
oh, well then... i guess i was just having a hard time seeing what the finished build will look like, actualy, the Airzooka has a ton of potential, and i like the massiveness of the head.
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 372 posts
Ok. I have one foot all built except for the front and back. Before I put those ones on, i want to ask all of you how I should make the front open. (as I said before, the foot will be a garage big enough to fit a trukk in) Should it slide? Should it be hinged? What's the best way to do this?