Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orks of Olde

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Zedric

Zedric

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 359 posts
  • Army Name:Kaptin Gorzog's Freebooterz
This is a horrible picture of the second Ork I ever painted. The original: Zed Mk I.

Posted Image

Most of my vehicle drivers are Madboy torsos, and I have a whole slew of old Deathskullz, Freebootaz, and generic Oddboyz just looking for a new home in my army.
++ KAPTIN ZED GORZOG ++
[ Immortal Enemies | Flashback Humor | Jonspace Gallery ]

QUOTE ('Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society' by Uthan the Perverse)
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

QUOTE ('Codex: Orks')
Orks being Orks, they care little either way.

kelvingreen

kelvingreen

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts

My favorite though was the one with his minders holding him and aiming his whole body like a cannon for the old "power vomit" ork spell.

I've still got that one somewhere, painted up as a Freebooter, I think. I'll try and dig him out.

Some captain things...I don't really know what these are
Posted Image

They're the old clan Weerdboyz, as I recall. Nice models, and they can stand in for all sorts of stuff.

And another round of kool old skool minis :love

Those one are for Oddballz ;) At the time of their creation I named them Termi-snot but now I think it would be more appropriate to see them as Snot-Kan :lol Question: What was the base used to create them :?

Those are great fun. Very nice conversions, and a great idea. Based on the old Squat Exo-Armour, yes?

Very old skool Kommandos :biggrin

I've got a bunch of those guys lying around somewhere too. Unpainted, of course.

But then, my current "Skar Boyz" mob is made up of 2nd Ed plastic Goffs... well, they're veteran mini's at least, (as I rarely use them, they'll be the last to get up-graded to more orky orks)

The ones from the boxed game? I've got them standing in as Stormboyz of Khorne, who are themselves standing in as Trukk Boyz!

Posted Image
Anyone know what these cats were originally armed with???

Yeah, the fella in the middle is the Shokk Attack Gunner, although you could probably swap in any heavy weapon. The other arm, as has been pointed out, would have come from the Ork arms/weapons sprue, and as such could be anything you like.
The chap on the right is a basic Goff Nob, and I think the fella on the left is a Mek of some sort armed witha combi-weapon. Again, the missing arms came from the generic sprue, so could be anything.

and lastly, that's a goffik rocker, one of three, and they were never armed with anything more than musical instruments and bad attitudes!

As I remember, a Goff Rok band let your Boyz shoot twice (and charge twice as far?). You can still get the models from Mail Order, which has to be the oldest product they still offer.

kelvingreen

kelvingreen

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts

Not quite happy with this guy, but meh, he'll do.
Posted Image

I've always loved this model (and never owned one!). How does he compare in terms of size to the newer Orks? He would have been a Boss back in the day, but I'd guess the best he can hope for today is being a Flash Git.

Skinskull

Skinskull

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 11 posts
  • Army Name:Skinskulls Boyz
[quote name='yellowgnoblar' date='May 3 2007, 04:05 PM' post='350791']
Ooooh heres some of the old lead boyz?
Posted Image

Yeah, i have tons of them, i use em as Shoota boys. Are they Second edition, or third?

I have some Slugga boys, the ones that hold their choppas straight up, and they have 2 "Horns" on their helmets. are these 3rd edition?
"Maybe all we ork boyz do iz fight and die. But you know what? We'ze good at it, an we'ze still gonna win!"

Warboss Gorgutz, Dawn of War: Winter Assault

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
These boys are the original space orks from 1st ed.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

kelvingreen

kelvingreen

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts

Yeah, i have tons of them, i use em as Shoota boys. Are they Second edition, or third?

Those are 1st Ed Orks. The 2nd Ed plastic Orks are the ones with tri-horned helmets, a bolt pistol, and an axe. It looks like you've got one of them (with yellow horns) at the back with your aeroplane-thingie. It looks like you may have some over on the right too, at the back of the crowd, with red horns.

Boss Garshnak

Boss Garshnak

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 91 posts
  • Army Name:Garshnak's Blue Moonz
All the old school orks i have left -.-' and they've seen some action alright.
However oddly if you look really close - theres several teapots on top of the rhino... my orks loved thier tea- yes they did!
Posted Image

Anyone else miss writing things on the stands ?
Posted Image

Oh and i know - Bad non ork modle *gets whipped* - but my god i was so much better at painting back in THE day -.-'.
Its almost painful really *Sniffle*.
Posted Image

stomp, Stomp! Stomp, STOMP!

grotstock

grotstock

Periscope

• Speed Freaks
  • 770 posts
  • Army Name:grotstock's red goffs
some nice models in here :),

I painted this 2nd edition bad moon (mega armoured) nob specially for this thread so I hope you'z likes :) :
Posted Image
left:
Posted Image
back:
Posted Image
close up:
Posted Image

this one took a whole lot of time to complete, I haven't used any foundation paints and it was on a black udnercoat so you will be able to guess why it took that long ;)
we are still here!!

grotstock goes bad moonish death skull

mould lines on your models are like mustaches on hot girls, a big no no! - ug thok

kelvingreen

kelvingreen

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
Those 2nd Ed nobz completely passed me by for some reason. I'll have to see if I can find some of the models, as I quite like the look of them, and they shouldn't be too far out of scale with today's Orks.

grotstock

grotstock

Periscope

• Speed Freaks
  • 770 posts
the one I posted shouldn't be to hard to get, often you see them on ebay, however they aren't any good to mix up with the current orks, they are from the same hight, but their atanomy is completely different.
we are still here!!

mould lines on your models are like mustaches on hot girls, a big no no! - ug thok

kelvingreen

kelvingreen

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
Oh I don't mind that. Orks are a lumpy and chaotic (little "c") species, so I've got a fair few body types in my mob! :biggrin

grotstock

grotstock

Periscope

• Speed Freaks
  • 770 posts
roight then it shouldn't be a problem, don't forget to make pictures and post them in this thread :) :cheers
we are still here!!

kelvingreen

kelvingreen

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
I have some ancient Orks (proppa longtoofs!) in my collection, so yeah, when I get hold of them again, I'll post some pictures. :thumbs

DentedHead

DentedHead

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 395 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gorskull (aka Da Bloodskullz)
I'm using the same model, with a new PK as my PainBoss, SnikBad StabGit. He stands a tad taller than a regular boy, but if the boy stood straight, it'd be taller... Dent.
Killa Kan, 45pts... Stikkbomb Chukka, 3pts... Armour Plates, 5pts...
Ignoring 3 penetrating hits in a row...priceless. Some things, teef cant buy. For everything else, there's Mekanikard

QUOTE(Fishhead Slackjaw McGee)
Edit: ...Ive been promoted...to suction foot. Awesome?

Lookit ma picz an figz an fingz.