Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orks of Olde

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

Wow, the original Orks! You've even got some of the plastic ones painted (they really were bad, weren't they - no wonder they disappeared so soon after they were released).

I have a number of those plastic ones still on the sprue. Ya the plastic ones were pretty bad - but I am actually fond of the screaming head from those guys. I think that head still looks good.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
I have quite a few left from a time when I was trying to convert them to make them into clan-specific models (as well as improving the detail). I even did some Boarboyz - I'll post some pics of them if anyone's interested. The screaming head was the best of the heads, but they really were dire models. I remember being bitterly disappointed when they appeared, as I'd been looking forward to multi-part plastic Orks since the original plastic beakies.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Yeah, they wuz ugly... and yeah, that screaming head was nice. The guy painted one albino ork in the lot (about 40 plastic boyz) and he had that screaming head. My favorite of the lot. Second in line would be the boyz with the rainbow mohawks (there's one in the pic). I'm a bit fond of these guys because he free-handed the Evil Sun glyph on all their backs and one has to respect that kind of effort. All kinda goofy stuff, but fun to paint. Just like Stuart said. :cheers *EDIT* crossed posts... yes, please post some pics, Oddz.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
Oddballz: No need asking for interest, the point of this is to post any and all Old Orks you got. Let's see dem Boarboyz. Grotsnick: Those have got to be the crappiest sculpts ever...and I want some! Hopefully I can stumble across a few on eBay when I have some more money.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
I've got a pretty large collection of OOP ork models. Most isn't painted yet but I'm getting there. My collection has Advanced Space Crusade orks, the Rogue Trader Raiding Party, The Plastic Greys from the days of the Battlewagon, 2nd Edition, Gorkamorka, and 3rd edition. I think there's some odd-betweens that I'm not sure of but the pile is pretty big. I also have a Spleenrippa, Gobsmasha, Armorcast Battlewagon, an old-skool rhino that's being looted, and on the way is an old Land Raider that will become something rather orky. My favorites are probably the madboyz out of all of them...they're just so looney. Pictures to follow.
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
I envy you guys. The oldest thing I have is an aging panzee gaurdian and a couple of old ork shoulder pads. I really feel like lurking ebay...
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Tinners

Tinners

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 362 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Korp uv Krump
I've got the old Ghazghkull and banna waver (forgot his name) a pile of old plastic goff, 2nd ed boxset type. A boar boy and some of the 2nd ed heavy weapon orks and most of the gorkamorka metal figures.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
Did someone say Looted Land Raider?! This thing was a major score when I found it at a convention in San Antonio. It was probably back in late ’96 or so when this model had been out of print for a number of years already. The Land Raider was one of the most bad-ass tanks in 2nd edition and also the hardest to find. You rarely ever played a beakie player that had one since it had been out of print so long. I found this thing still on the sprue and only missing one of the sponson cupola-things. The sprues were in a plastic bag for like $18. I snatched it up fast as can be and then ran back to the 40k area and gloated in front of all my beakie friends.

Three days later a fully Ork-looted Land Raider began showing up to games. I got so many “oh my god how the hell could you do that!?” or “that is such a travesty – you are seriously :bleep –ed up!”. It was great. It was nowhere near as good in ork hands since we did not get the benefit of targeters and generally I could not hit crap with it. But with a ridiculous amount of armor on every side it rarely got damaged. Ahhh good times! I need to figure out what to convert this sucker into.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Here we go

Madboyz

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
More Madboyz

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Grotz

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Freebooterz

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
More Freebooterz

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Weirdboyz, Warpheadz and Minderz

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Doks and Meks

Posted Image
Posted Image

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Various Boyz

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More to follow...

Tinners

Tinners

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 362 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Korp uv Krump
I love the old freebooterz, I have the one with the hair squig on his shoulder. Its a shame the newer arms dont look right on them.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
hey look its a...... squat?!

Thats not an ork - how did he get in there :?

Posted Image

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
Iron Bonce the Squat will never die.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

Von Bizmork

Von Bizmork

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 46 posts
  • Army Name:Von Bizmork's Panzer Krenadiers
Wow, not just a Squat, but one from the Mercenaries range. And also, an Ork Genestealer-Hybrid? Legendary! I really need to get a digital camera and post some pics of the old stuff I've got (Dreadnought, Ambull, etc.).

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Let's try and keep it Orky. An old Squat or two is fine, but it's not intended to be a generic old minis thread.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher