Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orks of Olde

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
I have all those guys you linked - although I may not have the goff boss standing on the helmet. I do however have the one Oddballz linked and the one Stuart pointed out in the link. I also have some fun other ones like the old Kaptin Badrukk Freebooter captain. The only ones I never managed to get was the ork with the huge pirate hat drooping over his face and the Nobz in power armor. I always wated the guys in power-armor but I could never find them. A lot of the guys I have are still in the blisters too.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
@ Oddballz: Go for it. I've only painted up...11 old Orks, but I already like as much (if not more) than the new models, so much so that I'm making a mini-Waagh for them. Who knows, maybe you'll find the same thing. @ Netherorc: I don't mean to be a jerk, but I get that comment on the blues anytime I post anything up. I guess that best answer I can give is that while I appreciate the constructive criticism, you're just gonna have to deal with it. The goal with my Death Skullz (who use the same blue as these guys) was to be very neon and, well, fake looking, and I like how it came out. On some future army where I'm trying to be more naturalistic and realistic, I'll be sure to include your ideas. @ Cannibal: You're a lucky man to have all those (though the Power Armor guys would be good to have). Like I said for Oddballz, unless you wanna sell them or something, I'd paint them up. They're great fun.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)

I also have some fun other ones like the old Kaptin Badrukk Freebooter captain. The only ones I never managed to get was the ork with the huge pirate hat drooping over his face and the Nobz in power armor. I always wated the guys in power-armor but I could never find them. A lot of the guys I have are still in the blisters too.

I have Badrukk too (unfortunately his a little miscast), as well as the one with the drooping hat and the hook - he was quite hard to find, as I recall it. I had all of the power armoured Nobz, but they ended up on a diorama.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Stuart, but maybe we should have a competition to find the best painted up old skool Ork. I'm sure many of the other posters have one or two of them lying about. What do you guys think?
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
I was about to start a nerw thread called: "Nostalgia - Waaagh the old skool Orks" I do have a $%?& load of old skool Ork (RT and V2, unpainted as you can imagine :blush ) and I think it would be fun to show them.

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts

Sorry to hijack your thread, Stuart, but maybe we should have a competition to find the best painted up old skool Ork. I'm sure many of the other posters have one or two of them lying about. What do you guys think?

Oh no worries. I'll only be posting in here every so often anyways, I don't mind if it gets a little derailed..plus I'm not gonna argue with a member of the Nob Squad :thumbs . Besides, I'm enjoying the topic, it makes me want to work on these guys some more.

That could be a fun competition. I would really like a long running one that's something along the lines of "Paint a 400-750 point Old School Orky Army", but I suppose that's a little demanding...and I'd be the only one doing it :biggrin .

*Edit: You know, if there's sufficient interest in this sort of thing, I could just edit my thread title to make it a place for anyone to post their old Orks.*

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
All this talk of old models got me thinking of the truly ancient wierdboyz. I don't mean the ones from 2nd ed but rather the old Rogue Trader wierdboyz when there was a model for one from each klan. My favorite though was the one with his minders holding him and aiming his whole body like a cannon for the old "power vomit" ork spell. It would be neat to see those again.

cerealkiller195

cerealkiller195

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 278 posts
  • Army Name:Da Unstoppable 'Ordz Uv Boss SnikkRukk
damn the old school race is on i see... i have a bout 1500-2000k pts of unpainted old school. Well i should say needs to be stripped old school. BUT it would have to be a couple of months from now as i'm currently doing skaven. I know i'm not as good as the other people that are mentioning it But could use the inspiration.,
The Wasted Warrior:
"Because no warrior should face battle sober..."

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Optimism: the ability to lie to oneself honestly...</span>

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
Hey look - its a Wartrak Skorcha I painted back in '95! Aww isn't the tiny little thing cute! :lol I tossed in a current ork to stand in as a barry.

Posted Image

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts

My favorite though was the one with his minders holding him and aiming his whole body like a cannon for the old "power vomit" ork spell.

It would be neat to see those again.

I don't have that model any more, but I still have this one (painted in Humbrol enamels):

Barry_009.jpg

Barry_010.jpg
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
Well, my thread's gonna take one for the team. You guys better make good use of this selfless sacrifice, or I'm gonna be pissed...either that or I'll just edit my title back to what it was.

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
I have a special place in my green heart for that Ole Bad Moon Wierdboy covered with little Moons. Some of the Old skool models have so much character that current 40k lacks.
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef

Posted Image

That's different than the currently availible Skorcha Buggy?

Looks the same to me.
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts

That's different than the currently availible Skorcha Buggy?

Looks the same to me.

The old one is much much smaller. I'll take a picture of both and post it tonight. You'll see ;)

Zorbag Skullsplitta

Zorbag Skullsplitta

Steel Teef

• Speed Freaks
  • 674 posts
  • Army Name:Skullsplittas Speed Freeks!!!
Ya the old skorcha traks were about the size of a biker. Makes it tuff to screen a trukk :biggrin
The Waaagh.. My sole diversion in what has otherwise been a pale and unamusing season.

There are some people who will tell you that haphazardly adding zombies to any game does not neccesarily improve it. Those people are idiots. GI

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
I've got one of those Skorcha trakks and one of the boss with his foot up on the beakie helmet... and well, heck, I've got a buncha stuff. When I started 40K a buddy of mine gave me all his old orks. I didn't know squiddly about the game at the time nor the difference between old and new orks. I found out quick enough, but I didn't realize the pieces he'd given me were RT vintage. He'd had them pro-painted. Really nice job too. However a number of them had been banged to heck from use and they got a goof-off bath and a repaint (by me) about 3 or 4 years ago. Here's the guys I redid. Not anywhere near Oddballz quality work. I'll get some pictures of the other guy's work and post them later.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

mad mcgobbo

mad mcgobbo

squig attack arm

• Blood Axez
  • 473 posts
  • Army Name:Genrul Gobsmashaz Blood Axes

I don't have that model any more, but I still have this one (painted in Humbrol enamels):

Barry_009.jpg

Barry_010.jpg

Enamels? If those are in enamel they are fantastic!
Genrul Gobsmashaz Victoriez:
++WON: 21++LOST: 3++DREW: 0++
21-3 To da Blood Axez!!!

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
Nice stuff on all counts guys. Dammit, I really need to hunt down some more old Orks...that and work out my eBay dispute (mm...Dreadnaught...).

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
OK, I went and shot some quick pics of some of the interesting pieces I have with their original paint job. Again, I don't know who did these, I just know he was paid to do them. It'd be way cool if said painter were still around and actually was a denizen of The Waaagh. Anyway, dunno how good the quality of the pics is (looking at 'em on my crappy monitor at home), but here they are:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts

When I started 40K a buddy of mine gave me all his old orks. I didn't know squiddly about the game at the time nor the difference between old and new orks. I found out quick enough, but I didn't realize the pieces he'd given me were RT vintage.

Wow, the original Orks! You've even got some of the plastic ones painted (they really were bad, weren't they - no wonder they disappeared so soon after they were released).
Oddballz

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Here's the comparison size between the Skorcha

Posted Image

Other pics will have to wait, Imageshack is really too slow tonight >:

*** Edit: Aaaaargh! Click on picture to see a bigger one