Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orks of Olde

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
Note: This used to be my Bad Moon thread. However, now it's just a place to post Orks from Rogue Trader, 2nd Edition, Gorkamorka, or anything else you feel might fit in. Take advantage of it ya zoggers...whatever that means...

Hey guys. Sometimes, you just get bored of painting blue, and what happens? Yellow happens.

I got some old Orks off eBay, and I figured I'd paint them in a 2nd edition style, with 2nd edition style basing. The blue is just to tie them in to my Deffskullz. Hope you like them, and you can expect a few more in the future is eBay is good to me.

Drazneg Grimm, Warboss (2 points if you can guess where the name's from)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Not quite happy with this guy, but meh, he'll do.
Posted Image
Posted Image

These guys are awesome sculpts, but a bit small for Nobs. I'm thinking they'd be good Ard Boyz or Cyborks.
Posted Image

And two crappy old Meks. Gotta love em.
Posted Image

da mekka

da mekka

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Freebooterz
  • 533 posts
  • Army Name:None ATM
Those are some lovly old skool models :thumbs For those ole Nobs, I would use them as Cyborks ;) :cheers Da Mekka
QUOTE (Kr00zA @ Jul 17 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aryldite is a two part glue that stinkz of fish. Its realy messy and not at all recommended for use on small models.

Current projects:

panzee

Win count against Grubsnikk with panzee

Wins: 1 Draw: 0 Loss: 1

Kronork

Kronork

particularly odious and dishonest barrister

• Speed Freaks
  • 2,564 posts
Oi, it's good old Thrugg from the WD 200 battlereport. :lol :biggrin Those bring back some memories, from the time when I didn't really like orks. I like the more viscious look of today, compared to the orgasmic grin of the past editions. :D Badass stuff anyways. :thumbs Cheers

Hac in hora,
sine mora,
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem, sternit fortem
mecum omnes plangite!

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:BUNDESWEHR YEH MAN
Brothers Grimm? I like it, the yellow looks cool contrasted with the blue. And the basing looks pretty cool too. GS
MY TROLLING AND ABUSIVE POSTS GOT ME BANNED OK YEH

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Waagh da Old Skool! Really nice group of minis, Stuart. The paint job really suits. While I'm with Kronork in a preference for the tougher looking modern orks, you just gotta love the funkiness of the old orks.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Nazmek Kanshuvva

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 372 posts
  • Army Name:Waaaagh! Grimbad
They look very nice. I need one of those power klaws like the warboss has. Drazneg is a spoonerism (i.e. spoonerism=oonerspism) of Nazdreg.

NazdregsBigMek

NazdregsBigMek

Burna Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 386 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Nazgrim!
Nicely painted yellow you got there, and as GS said, it contrasts with the blue nicely. Gah! Old models scare me. They look like Beakies! I suppose they'd make good Ard Boyz, Lootas, or Flash Gitz.
NBM = Aspirin' Mekboy. Strippin' Motorbike engines is fun! Shame I forget where everything goes back in...
World Of Warcraft: Consuming my soul since July '07

Metaphorazine

Metaphorazine

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Da Buhg Smashaz!
Old models may be scary but that power fist is so very tasty... Nice rich yellow, well done. :)

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
Awesome paint jobs. As others have said, that shade of yellow works perfectly for old-school models. The conversion of the OOP Nazdreg model is of the same calibur as the paint is: simple yet effective. I think the OOP Nobz would be better as 'Ard Boyz than as Cyborks. They just have too much armor for a 5+ Save. If you can cut off the Bionik Bitz though, they would look great on Cyborks.
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
Thanks guys. @Kronork and Mad Grot: Oh, I definitely like the new Orks more. I just thought these were funny sculpts, and that a Warband of them would be an uncommon sight. @Greenstuff: No 2 points for you. @Nazmek: 2 points for you. Once I get a job this summer, these guys might turn into a full fledged army. Till then, the Deffskullz get preferential treatment.

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
Waaagh! da Threadnomancy!

The Meks had been my test scheme, but I wasn't quite happy with it, but now I've found something I like more. These are 3 Shoota Boyz, who seem to be pretttty ancient, as their blister was labeled as Marauder, not 40K. That's a good sign of oldnes. *Note: They need flock, which I'll do once I'm home.*

Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyway, once I get this eBay situation worked out, I'll either have a Dreadnaught, some Boar Boyz (for Deffskull Warbike riders), and some cheezy Goff Slugga Boyz, or an extra $20. We'll see.

Also, I've finally read the article on the main page about making Gobsmashas. I've never scratch built before, so if it works out, my Moons will be one Gobsmasha richer.

Rakka Dakka

Rakka Dakka

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 768 posts
  • Army Name:'ard toofs
these guys look really good, I love the yellow on these guys. How did you get the yellow to come out so good and bright.
theres no greater thing than the WAAAAGGHH!

Mukrut rocks the Avatar world

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
I remember I thought those Nob models were so cool when they came out. I especially liked the Nob with the ornate armour. I had all of these in various stages of completion (painted as Goffs) for a long time, but eventually threw them out. Now, aside from Nazdreg (who came much later), they look like the belong to a different game (as, I suppose, they do). It's nice to see them painted up, and the Bad Moonz scheme suits them, but I don't think they really fit into a current Ork army, unless all the models are old skool. There was a very nice Warboss from the same era that would look great with these models. You should try and get hold of him. The models in the last photo look...well, let's just say you did a good job with the painting. I think they're Marauder models.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

There was a very nice Warboss from the same era that would look great with these models. You should try and get hold of him.

Which one? I have at least one of almost all those old models - and some extras in blisters that I bought from various places on clearance. I probably have the one your talking about. Is it the one standing on the beakie head?
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
Thanks guys.

@Rakka Dakka: Starting with a black basecoat, the yellow is: Bubonic Brown, followed by Golen Yellow, followed by Sunburst Yellow, followed by Bad Moon Yellow, and finished off with small highlights of Bleached Bone. Just don't water down your paints too much for this process, or the black will show through.

@Oddballz and Bob: I'm interested in which Warboss this might be. Could it be the one in the upper right hand corner, Bad Moon 3? Either way, I'm interested in just about any of the old Boss models, as they all make good Ard Boyz.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
I meant this dude, whose been sitting in a box since I bought him God knows how many years ago: Barry_002.jpg He's a variation on the original Warboss (the model on the right in your link). And, since we're discussing these old Orks, here are some of his mates, who have also waited in vain for a coat of paint for more years than I care to admit: Barry_003.jpg I've always loved the Painboy with the oversized scissors, and the Mek. I also had the Blood Axe Nob with the officer's cap, but he fell by the wayside at some point.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
I was gonna say, that Boss does look a lot like the one I linked to. I have the Evil Sun in that group of 4, plus the Blood Axe you were talking about. They'll probably become a Tank Commander and Kommissar, respectively. You should get those guys painted up. While they don't fit in with the newer Orks, they're fun to paint regardless.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts

You should get those guys painted up. While they don't fit in with the newer Orks, they're fun to paint regardless.

I was just thinking the same thing. I also have a couple of the Freebooterz. It would be nice to paint them all up after all this time.
Oddballz

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
That Mek on the left in your second pic looks like he'd make a good apprentice to your Big Mek, Oddballz. His pose and weapons could do with work, but he has the whole cap thing going. :thumbs

Netherorc

Netherorc

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 294 posts
  • Army Name:deathskullz
I like your models but i have to say im not really keen on the blue. the difrent highlights conrast to much IMO. maybe if you use the 1 same blue through-out but adding a little more white every highlight. it would be less contrasting and would blend better
Im back... after a long break. Glad to be back here ^^