Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Snotbag Skullkrusha - Part II

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

Kwabom Von Gritshakk

Kwabom Von Gritshakk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
Who needs steroids when you can have GREENSTUFF! :biggrin Nice werk.

oilythegrot

oilythegrot

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
es the arnold of orkiness!!! looks superb man cant wait to see it finish

yoho1.5

yoho1.5

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 406 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Vampyre
I agree the boots look a little balloon like, you could make them more ork like with a plastic card armoured toe with rivets. Bye the way my wife was looking over my shoulder at your work and wonders weither you have a job, besides slaving for your waaagh that is? :thumbs
Reduce! (Dakka, Krump) Reuse! (with help from Doks 'n Meks) Recycle! (Loot, 'n Loot more) GO GREEN!

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
Thanks. :blush Actually, I've got two jobs. The first is Slaver for my Grots while the warboss (wife) is at work, then I go to my other, more lucrative job, which usually involves doing everyone elses job for them. ;) And no, my Orks work for ME! :yes :whip I was thinking that I might try lengthening the boots. But it's going to be a fine line between warboss and Ronald McDonald. ;)
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Zogmagog

Zogmagog

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 499 posts
  • Army Name:Zogmagog's Red Menazz
You could lengthen the boots with some steel toe caps with dags or spikey bits.
Where's da trukk?

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
I was planning on adding steel toes and heels, but the boots got away from me. Now I'm affraid I won't be able to go any taller with them. I'll see how they look once I put some pants on this guy. :blush
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

Nozeminer Studioz

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
Your way of working the muscles is truly inspiring. Cant wait to see the finished model. Hats of to you sir.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
The GS muscles are amazing Noze. :thumbs Hope you don't mind me saying it but the boots do look a little like orthopedic boots at the moment (to me anyway), but they're still way better than anything I could achieve. Maybe extending the soles slightly (and giving them grooves or rivets) would help? I also think you should add some toe-caps or dags. Though as you say, with trousers on they'll probably look alot better. :yes Looking forward to seeing more. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Boss Bolt Axe

Boss Bolt Axe

Steel Teef

• Bad Moonz
  • 675 posts
  • Army Name:Bolt's Of Speed
What a :bleep king awsome model, thats some wicked GS skills you've got there, are you going to leave him bare chested caus I think you should, it'd be a shame you cover up such good work.
Battles Of 2008
W:2 L:0 D:0

The panzee... The Deep Space version of the French

Loves
Other
Ork's
Totally
Ed-banging
Designs

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Finished off his chest and back armor. Hopefully I'll have his arm attached, GSed his shoulder and have at least one shoulder pad done tonight. Then it's on to the legs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Nozeminer Studioz

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Grazbuk's Yoofz
that is awesome!! you've done a great job on that armour plate. i take it the back plate will be secured to the shoulder plates? also, do you think it's enough armour to count as 'eavy in game terms? not that i think anyone will mind, considering the time and effort you've put in!!
Waaaagh!!

Waaagh Grazbuk: "Buttkicking for Orkiness"

BigOrk

BigOrk

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 89 posts
  • Army Name:Ork
Looking absolutely awesome ! The muscles on the torso and arms look very realistic, do you refer to anything other than the original model for muscle shape and position ? Like anatomy books etc ? I agree with your view of the boots though, its well like you've said Ronald will want them back ! The Claw is great, very neat plasticard work, though in my opinion the choppa doesn't look quite right. Not sure what it is exactly, maybe the length vs the size of the head... Looking forward to seeing what you do with the legs and armour. Keep up the good work !!

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Thanks. :blush

@ Grazbuk - Each of his shoulder pads probably weighs about the same as a VW Beetle, so yeah, it's gonna be heavy. ;) BTW, Happy Spore Day.

@ BigOrk - I've got a few issues of Muscle&Fitness magazine and a muscle chart that I refer to. Once I get the legs done, I'll finish up the choppa. I'll have a better idea of the scale once the legs are attached. I'll probably be chopping off some of the handle and then sculpting a grip on it.

Well, the upper body is done. All that's left to do is attach the head and hands/klaw.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, on to the legs. I've been putting this off because I don't have anything to sculpt it onto. I was hoping to salvage the legs from the original boss model and then just bulk them up, but they didn't survive I'm affraid. So I've been trying to make a wire skeliton (SP). The first one had the legs a bit long and wide. (It looked like Tommy Tune doing the splits) I think I've got something now that might work. We'll see once I start bulking them out.

Nozeminer Studioz

Rakka Dakka

Rakka Dakka

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 768 posts
  • Army Name:'ard toofs
wow this is amazing work. How did you get the chain rings to look so good and clean :?.
theres no greater thing than the WAAAAGGHH!

Mukrut rocks the Avatar world

Garglh

Garglh

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 119 posts
  • Army Name:Da Party Krashaz!
WHOA!! That's one absolutely amazing 'boss :cheers I wonder... which is going to be bigga and 'arder, Nozeminer's or Ein's Warboss :lol As already said, great work! I just hope that one day i can do the same...

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Grazbuk's Yoofz
thanks, Nozeminer he really is looking great. are you sculpting a new head, or building off the old?
Waaaagh!!

Waaagh Grazbuk: "Buttkicking for Orkiness"

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Thanks. :blush @ RakkaDakka - I used my rounded pencil for the rings attached to the straps and then a snausage of GS for the other rings. I found out that the snausages don't stick real well to the rest of the model. I was sculpting the shoulderpads and kept feeling things falling on my feet. After the 4th time, I realized it was the rings coming off of the model. Luckily I found all of them and was able to glue them back on. I think Ein's is going to be bigger, but mine is going to have bigger feet. ;) Snotbag rolled Ronald last night and stole his shoes. :) I'll be using the GW warboss head, (from post #1). It looks cool and I was able to bend the horns to a position I liked. Besides the Snotling, (Thanks AnOrky :thumbs ) it'll be the only stock/unGSed part on this model. (I must be crazy :yes ) @ Garglh - It takes practice, patience and a s:bleep ton of GS. Buy stock in kneadedite(SP), I'll make you rich. ;)

Nozeminer Studioz

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Yeah! The sculpting is done! (almost, just have the grip on the choppa to do) How does the choppa look? Is it too long? I wanted to have it look a bit OTT, but not too much. The plan is to have him holding the haft, not the grip.

Here he is, without the head and klaw of course.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm happy with the way the boots look now with legs attached to them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

He got a little big on me. I think that's what's called "size creep". ;) This is him next to Snotbag version 1.0.
Posted Image

And next to a "normal" size boy.
Posted Image

Just a few finishing touches and then on to the paint shed. :)

Nozeminer Studioz

Soopa man

Soopa man

Runtherder for life

• Boyz
  • 363 posts
  • Army Name:Da justice league of waagh
Dang nozey, thats one dead sexy sculpt. If only I could loot your skills....Anyways, his choppa looks fine. Some opponents might whine that its a 'uge choppa (if they do, say: "maybe for lesser orks"). Its length looks right, you could maybe trim a centimeter or two off of it, but it looks right in proportion to the huge axe head.The ONLY complaint I can think of is that from the back, his sides look like they're being inflated. But thats just me. If you like it, go for it! Yea...dead sexy...

QUOTE ("Orkeosaurus)
God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

And this is why green is best. None of this mucking about with the "lesser of 21 evils" or nuttin. Just krumpin, good an proppa.

Grotfang Warstomp

Grotfang Warstomp

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Skullz (see my blog in my signature)
Noze- you are the ork god of sculpting for sure! :thumbs times a bajillion! I love his pose and his armour is nicely placed. Maybe you could add a glyph on the chestplate, because then it would look more like a warboss' armour plate and not just a nobz or a boyz. The scenic base looks SICK!!! Maybe it makes the boss a bit OTT sizewise, but i think its a good example of how big warbosses can get. My only point to pick here is that the boots look kinda 'clown shoes'-ish. The toes look a bit too big, but that probably doesn't matter. Amazing so far, keep it up!