Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Snotbag Skullkrusha - Part II

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
Thanks. :blush

The concrete is the crappy Sculpy (the stuff that kids use). It works great for ruined walls and stuff like that because it chips off in chunks when you scrape at it with an exacto knife.

I got a little more done last night. All that's left on the torso is one spot left on the back, then it's on to the legs and boots. :(
Posted Image

Arms are almost done, just a few spots here and there to fill. I hope the veins on the forearms turn out once I get them painted. I'm affraid I may have made them too flat.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is going to be the choppa. Still a lot left on it though.
Posted Image

As for the Snotling, I may have to convert one. I don't feel like buying a whole pack of them just for the chance at getting one. I already bought a pack a while ago. I got at least two of every pose they make, except for the one I bought the pack for. :scowl
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Hammerz

Hammerz

Slugga Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Hammerz
I admire your greenstuff skills sir, and salute you! Nasty looking choppa, but abit plain at the same time. I take it you'll sculpt the hands?
QUOTE (Andrew the Eternal @ Feb 8 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay, now I have shame! Before I was shameless.:biggrin

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Grazbuk's Yoofz
nice work Noze, that body's coming together well. i'm a little worried about the axe though, are you sure it'll be big enough? maybe make one of the heads a little larger? one the other hand, maybe it's big already - could you show us a scale pic? [edit: helps when you remember who's doing what...]
Waaaagh!!

Waaagh Grazbuk: "Buttkicking for Orkiness"

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Thanks. Yes, I'll be sculpting the hand, I'm affraid. I kind of butchered the originals while chopping up the arms. I'll be adding some gubbins to the choppa and I'll be GSing a grip on the handle as well. I think it should be big enough, it's 2 1/2" long and over 1" wide. If anything, I'll need to shorten it a bit. EDIT: Yeah, #500. And steroid free! Does that automatically get me into the Hall of Fame?
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

Nozeminer Studioz

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef

EDIT: Yeah, #500. And steroid free! Does that automatically get me into the Hall of Fame?

:? Dude, have you even looked at your avatar? And the Warboss you are working on right now? If those are steroid free, I'll crush the model I am working on now.;)

Anyway, excellant job on the muscle sculpting for your Warboss. I would suggest beefing up the abs. They look a little small compared to his other muscles.
I also think the head of the axe is a little too small compared to the hilt, even if you are going for a two-handed axe.
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
The abs will probably be mostly covered by armor, so I'm not too worried about them. The hilt on the choppa will most likely be chopped off a bit as well. I'm not going to make the final cuts until I've got the legs and feet finished. That way I'll have a size comparison with the rest of the boss and a better idea of how long to have the hilt.

Nozeminer Studioz

BigOrk

BigOrk

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 89 posts
  • Army Name:Ork
Fantastic green stuffing !! Lovely base. Love the over muscled look on big ugly orks ! I used an OOP Zoat torso on one of my big bosses, it doesn't look to far off what you have accomplished here (Just an idea for those that don't have your GS skills!) Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
He's coming along nicely Nozeminer. :thumbs

The concrete is the crappy Sculpy (the stuff that kids use). It works great for ruined walls and stuff like that because it chips off in chunks when you scrape at it with an exacto knife.

I'm not sure I've seen Sculpy in the UK, is it like greenstuff/miliput or do you have to bake it? It looks really useful from what you've done with it.

Keep up the good work. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
It's kind of like modeling clay. You have to bake it to harden it. It's all right. This is the softer kind of Sculpy. You can't really get too detailed with it and it tends to pick up fingerprints really well.

Nozeminer Studioz

NazdregsBigMek

NazdregsBigMek

Burna Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 386 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Nazgrim!
*batman theme* nananananana MUSCLES! Damn you and your sculpting ability (dont take it personally, I randomly damn everybody who can do things better than me :wink) I wish I had your patience (bake and wait? Pass.) Looking forward to seeing this finished! :cheers
NBM = Aspirin' Mekboy. Strippin' Motorbike engines is fun! Shame I forget where everything goes back in...
World Of Warcraft: Consuming my soul since July '07

Grakhull Skullkrusha

Grakhull Skullkrusha

squig attack arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 456 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Skullkrusha
Awesome greenstuff work. The deltoids might be sticking out a tad too far (I hope I named the right muscle group), but it might just be the that the arms aren't attached yet that makes them look so big. Also, where did you think of that wicked name? :cheers

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
Gonna get medievil on his ass! Boy
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
@ Grakhull - Actually, if you mean the shoulder muscles, they're going to get bigger. Once I attach the arms, I'll be GSing on the deltoids. I don't think I'll be making them as big as I had originally planned though. Before I started building Orks, I played against a freinds Orks all the time. I used to refer to them as "booger boyz", "the snot squad" etc. When I decided to start my own army of Orks the name just came to me. Did some work on his boots last night and today. I'll be finishing up the steel toes and heels tonight, hopefully. Will post pics when the camera batteries are charged.

Nozeminer Studioz

Grakhull Skullkrusha

Grakhull Skullkrusha

squig attack arm

• Evil Sunz
  • 456 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Skullkrusha
See, I knew I named the wrong muscle group. I meant to refer to the muscles on his sides below the arms. They really bulge out to the side. Again, I'm sure it will look different once the arms are attached. :cheers

Alex Heap

Alex Heap

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
  • Army Name:Grabsnatchas Gits
@ Grakhull - I believe the muscle group your referring to is the latissimus dorsi. @Nozeminer - This is really coming along great, your greenstuff skills are excellent can't wait to see this finished and crumpin some humies.
I also do commission work so if you have any you want doing don't hesitate to message me or check out my website The WAAAGH Studios.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm

It's kind of like modeling clay. You have to bake it to harden it. It's all right. This is the softer kind of Sculpy. You can't really get too detailed with it and it tends to pick up fingerprints really well.

Thanks, I may have to loot some Fimo from my Mum and see if that works as it sounds similar.

I've just noticed that the snot on your original warboss isn't the nose-picker I was thinking of. Is that the snotling you are looking for, if so I've got a spare one you can have.

:cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
@Gaf-Naz - Fimo's the same thing pretty much. We can get that too here in the States, but Sculpey is more prevalent.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
No. I'm looking for the one that's just standing there with his finger up his nose. I've got a couple of the ones that have their fists up. Thanks anyway, though.

Nozeminer Studioz

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Got some more work done yesterday and last night.

Attached left arm and added the deltoid.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Got the Klaw done.
Posted Image
Posted Image

It got a little bigger than I planned, but, hey...
Posted Image

Boots are done. I'm not 100% happy with the shape of the toes, but it took too long to do the laces to redo stuff.
Posted Image

Got some work done on the choppa and hand. Just need some rivits and the glove needs a little touching up.
Posted Image

Now, just to get the right position and length for the legs. I plan on doing the straps and armor today as well.

Nozeminer Studioz

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Wow, Noze, I really can't even find a nit to pick. The torso is lovely. The claw arm is spot on. P-card work on the klaw is good too. I do agree with your appraisal of the boots. Dunno exactly what it is, but they just ain't right. I guess the toe is a bit too balloonish. Still it won't be much noticed when it's altogether and painted up proppa. So just waaagh on...
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.