Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Snotbag Skullkrusha - Part II

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I was looking through the latest White Dwarf and saw an add for the painting competitions that the hobby centers are going to be running. I have been thinking about putting my Warlord in regular 'Eavy armor and thought that this might be a good time to do it.

I am going to try and make this guy look like my original Warlord only without the mega armor.

Posted Image

And since the GW stock warboss' are fairly small compaired to the Gazkhull model that I based my original Warlord off of, it's going to take a crapload of converting to get this guy big enough. I had to chop off the legs at the knees so I could lengthen them and I'll be cutting through the midsection so I can add some height there as well. After about 2 1/2 hours of cutting, grinding, sawing and Dremmeling, I've gotten this done.

Posted Image

In the background are the 5 cutting wheels I went through just to cut the legs off. Plus I drained both of my, fully charged, batteries in the process.

I still have to file/sand/grind off all of the crap on the front of his chest. The plan is to have him shirtless with some straps holding on his shoulderpads and choppa that will be attached to his back. It might just be easier to sculpt the whole torso.

I'm going to have him holding up a space moron by the top of his head, I'll have to sculpt that hand, and his other hand will be a powerclaw.

I've only got until the middle of April and I'm already sick of dealing with the pewter. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

I'll post more when I get more work done.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

VonBrookhofen

VonBrookhofen

Slugga Boy

• Gurlz
  • 374 posts
  • Army Name:Gorzag's Land Sharkz
Good work so far - those cuts look really tidy. I'm interested to see the progress of this one.

Mr Green Shoes

Mr Green Shoes

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 143 posts
  • Army Name:Grumlok's Speeda Boyz
I am looking forward to the progression of this guy. Judging by your MA Warboss, I whouldn't be dissapointed. I already have a funny picture of a beakie trying to pry the hand off his head while the Warboss toys with him.
"I'm a lead farmer, motha @#$&!"

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
Oh the sparks and orkity! Five disks! Please keep the Bosspole from your original Warboss! Other than that, I can only plead for a running total of all that was destroyed to make the Warboss.
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
I'm expecting something awesome. However, before you make him, I should voice my opinion: please don't have him holding a beakie! I may be biased against this sort of thing, but I've always thought that the inclusion of "victims" any larger than a head/other limb is too OTT. Your model should be focusing on itself, not something it's killing. That's the one thing I didn't like about your older Warboss, and I'm guessing it'll be the one thing I won't like about your new one. I know that it's your model and you should go with what you think looks cool, but I figured if you're painting it for a competition, you might as well get some outsiders' perspectives on a possibly controversial aspect of your figure-to-be.

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
  • Army Name:Grazbuk's Yoofz
is it just the pewter gumming up the discs that destroys them? they seem to be of a good size still, that's all. judging by the silver track around the outside, it would seem the pewter sort of melts on? i'll second stuart's concerns, i reckon maybe upto half a body hanging from the klaw? other than that, keep feeding us the updates! i'm interested in seeing how you go about lengthening him.
Waaaagh!!

Waaagh Grazbuk: "Buttkicking for Orkiness"

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
If anyone has any ideas about what to do with his left arm (the one that I planned to have holding the moron) I'm open to suggestions. Maybe have the klaw on his left hand and pointing? And then put his choppa in his right hand. I might have to give up on using the GW torso and legs. There's just too much stuff to file off. I think it's going to be "easier" to sculpt the whole thing. (That's gonna be fun) I've started work on the base. It's going to be a big chunk of cement wall/floor resting on a pile of rubble with gurters and junk lying around. I was also planning on having a snotling picking his nose but I can't seem to find one. I'll post pics when I've got more done on it. Any C & C and suggestions would be welcome.
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

Nozeminer Studioz

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
:! Have him with an extended arm holding a Beakie helmet! "Poor Yorick, I knew 'im, Horat. Now back to krumpin' :choppa !"
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
I'd say put the Klaw in that hand and having him pointing commandishly. If you want to get the beakie on there somehow, maybe have his torso, head, and arms attached to a Bosspole, making it more of a trophy than a recent kill.

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
@ Andrew - While that sounds like a funny idea. I think Shakespeare may be a little beyond good ol Snotbag. :biggrin

@ Stuart - I might have to go with the pointing Klaw, But now I have to sculpt his right hand holding the choppa 'cause I hacked it off to make room for the Klaw. :crybaby I don't know if I'll be going with the back banner. I might make a Grot or a boy holding the banner seperately later though.

Well, this is what I've gotten done so far.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I think I'll be re-doing the abs. That's what happens when you work past bedtime.

Sorry for the poor pics. I'm lazy today, don't feel like setting up the lights and stuff for unpainted WIP.

Nozeminer Studioz

Hammerz

Hammerz

Slugga Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Hammerz
Just how tall is the model going to be? You said you wanted it to be bigger than the stock boss, but I wouldn't make it to large, as I see it he's meant to look larger in the armour, not cramped up muscle bag inside the suit. Is he going to be about the saem height as your other, certainly not bigger I hope.
QUOTE (Andrew the Eternal @ Feb 8 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay, now I have shame! Before I was shameless.:biggrin

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
I was planning on making this new guy just a bit shorter and smaller than my mega armor boss. The Gazkhull model is quite a bit bigger than the warboss model. I really wanted this guy to look beefy. The GW boss' arms are just too skinny for my taste.

Posted Image

Nozeminer Studioz

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Er, 'e's lookin' a bit big there, Noze. It may just be the pic, but my guess is you're going to end up with something much bigger than your current Snotbag. Sculpts tend to grow quickly when you get to adding clothes, armor and gubbinz (as I'm sure you are aware). Looks like a bang-up start. I can tell this is going to be one of my favorite threads for some time to come. :cheers
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 723 posts
  • Army Name:Klan Fishheadz
FOr a while i was considering making an un MA'd Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee, but then i thought i would lose all the reverence and awe of having a four meter tall half machine half monster killing machinemonster, and just be left with a splodgy green thing with no cred on him whatsoever. Ill be interested in how this one turns out, and see if its for me.
For da Greena Good!
My Gitz
W:6 D:2 L:2
Current project: Painting Loota's and burna's and trukkboyz (oh my!). Additionally starting Lizardman warhost. Anyone with ideas can PM me
Being a Whiner is easy if your deffinition of inadequate is flexible enough

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
nup, i'm with you Noze, i reckon he's just about right. realising the hips will be rotated forward, the torso is currently shorter than Ghazzie's - but the mad grot is right, he'll start to bulk up quickly! i'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this, it's shaping up well. the arms are going to be pretty buff, judging by the shoulders you've got there!!
Waaaagh!!

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
The bottom part of the abs will end up being part of the groin and therefore below the beltline. If the legs (lower half) turn out the way I want them to, this guy will be exactly the same height as the MA Snotbag. But I've still got a long way to go before I'll know for sure. I haven't even started butchering his legs yet. ;) Those aren't actually the shoulders, that's are where I'll be glueing the arms onto and then I'll be adding the deltoids on top of that. And yes, he is starting to bulk up rather quickly. I'm going for a 10 foot tall, green Vince Taylor. At this rate, he might be actual size.

Nozeminer Studioz

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
Please excuse the double post. :blush

Well, I finished building the base. (almost) I'm still looking for a nose picking Snotling to go in the empty spot on the front.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And here's a little more done on da Boss
Posted Image

I know it looks like a green lump of :bleep right now, but hopefully, it will look a little better when I'm done.

I'll be re-doing the abs today and hopefully one side (obliques and serratus) tonight once the abs cure, as well as more work on the arms.

Nozeminer Studioz

lachlin

lachlin

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,370 posts
I LOVE the mega armored boss. And your greenstuff work is top shelf. Keep the updates coming!!!
Da footure iz green!

Grazbuk

Grazbuk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 219 posts
larfs, it's not your fault for the double post - you gave us mostly 9 hours to play with! the reinforced concrete one the base looks great, will be good to see it as a whole model. the greenstuff on the back looks good also, a bit like a fist, if you squint :P
Waaaagh!!

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Your GS work is always great to see, and thanks for sharing the various stages - it's very informative, if a little daunting. :thumbs His base looks great. What did you use for the concrete block? Good luck hunting for a nose-picking snot. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!