Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Speed Freek Project Log

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Welcome aboard NU4AN. :cheers A very impressive waaagh you've got going there. :thumbs Great plasticard work and use of plates, rivets, stowage and glyphs. Speaking of rivets, are those Grandt ones? If so, do you have the name/product codes of the ones you used as they look excellent. I remember someone orkifying a control panel by smashing the screen and adding some exposed wiring. May be worth a try? Keep up the great work. :whip
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

gazkulll

gazkulll

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 205 posts
  • Army Name:orks
awsome work. iv been thinking about making some DoW based buggies but they need to wait untill some other things are done. im with the other guys with saying you need to write an artical on your painting
gazkulll[COLOR=red]

Slaver

Slaver

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 21 posts
  • Army Name:Krunchaz
well although the warboss will be taller than the nob he needs to be a bit wider and doesent the warboss decide who weres mega armour so surely he would take the armour, but any way a Great army. :whip
Get workin lazy grot, or ill set fia to yer nazal hair

:whip

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz

@TD, there's a lot involved in the painting of these guys. What, in particular, would you like a rundown on? please don't say everything please don'tsayeverything please ohpleaseoh....

EVERYTHING!!!
no seriously, its your skintone, warpaints and cloth that i'm the most intrested in, the solid colors. It looks insanely smooth you know.
A genuinly profound and witty signature

wally

wally

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
  • Army Name:usmc
nice to see your amazing skills are put to use on orks and a run down on the skin would be good

Boss Bolt Axe

Boss Bolt Axe

Steel Teef

• Bad Moonz
  • 675 posts
  • Army Name:Bolt's Of Speed
I think your boss's size is fine as a KOS bos is genrally a tad smaller any way but you've more than made up for his small stature and I'd say that he'd want to move as fast as possable so he wouldn't want MA, I love the vehicles as well, a very novel design, I can't say I've seen it here before, and I love your painting vary crisp and neat. I only have one gripe, CHANGE YOUR AVITAR YOU WEEDY BEAKIE! But appart from that welcome to the waaagh and have a great time.
Battles Of 2008
W:2 L:0 D:0

The panzee... The Deep Space version of the French

Loves
Other
Ork's
Totally
Ed-banging
Designs

da mekka

da mekka

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Freebooterz
  • 533 posts
  • Army Name:None ATM
Nice looting Da Boss might have a oversized 'ead IMO. Keep it up. :thumbs
QUOTE (Kr00zA @ Jul 17 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aryldite is a two part glue that stinkz of fish. Its realy messy and not at all recommended for use on small models.

Current projects:

panzee

Win count against Grubsnikk with panzee

Wins: 1 Draw: 0 Loss: 1

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Nice trakkz n trukkz. The boss may be a little small compeared to others... but if he's a KOS Boss then that would make sence IMO ;) The Boss Trukk is cool... needs a set of ramming spikez up front though ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

no-use4a-name

no-use4a-name

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts
  • Army Name:Black Cloud Tribe: Kult of Speed
Wow! Gotta lot of responses and questions. I hope I can answer them all. If I didn't, or I'm a bit vague, just ask again.

@Trappa- Thanks for the words and I'll get a group shot ASAP. The army is at 1500pts sorta built. Once all the details of the build are complete, I'll take the group shot.
@Gaf-Naz- Thanks for the kind welcoming. To answer your question, those are Grandt rivets as well as some plastic rod cut to size. I bought over 3000 rivets. Some are on my beakies and some are on the Orks. BTW, great idea on the smashed control screen. It'll be looted!
@Gazkull, Thordude and Wally- A few members have requested a, "how to...". I'll get that written up ASAP. Once I paint another fig, I'll try and take some picts of the process and write it up. Just keep bugging me as I'm a bit lazy when it comes to that type of stuff. And, thanks for the interest. It's flattering to say the least.
@Slaver- I think Boss Bolt Axe said it best in regards to the size of Da Boss. See his post.
@Boss Bolt Axe- Avatar changed. Is it proppa now? The other one is the one I use on Warseer. Just figured that I'd make it easier for people to reconize me.
@Da Mekka- I used Thrakka's head, which is just a tad larger than a Nobz head, it's actually smaller than the other two 40k Boss' heads. Besides, it's one of my favorites. Maybe the plastic gob makes the head seem out of proportion. Hopefully it wouldn't be too noticable when painted...hopefully.
Finally, @Krooza- Thanks for the compliment.

Hobby update. Of sorts...

A buddy of mine game me a complete Ol' Skool plastic GW Battle Wagon. I'm in the process of converting it into a half trakked Gun Wagon. But, depending on how big it gets, I may just "modurnize" it into a Battle Fortress. I dunno- we'll see how it goes. I actually like how it looks stock. Considering how hard it is to get one of these things, I'm a bit nervous to chop it up.

Laters

A private non-profit gaming club in the New York/New Jersey area. Memebrship is available. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Grotfang Warstomp

Grotfang Warstomp

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Skullz (see my blog in my signature)

A buddy of mine game me a complete Ol' Skool plastic GW Battle Wagon. I'm in the process of converting it into a half trakked Gun Wagon. But, depending on how big it gets, I may just "modurnize" it into a Battle Fortress. I dunno- we'll see how it goes. I actually like how it looks stock. Considering how hard it is to get one of these things, I'm a bit nervous to chop it up.

WOW WHO IS YOUR BUDDY! Does he have an extra one for me too? :biggrin its up to you if you want to convert it or not, but I would definitley leave it as a battlewagon or battlefortress

no-use4a-name

no-use4a-name

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts
  • Army Name:Black Cloud Tribe: Kult of Speed
Yeah Grotfang, it's good to have a friend like him. I've seen Battle Wagons on e-bay go for over $100 USD easily. He gave it to me because he doesn't know what to do with it and knew that I was on the search for one. Besides, we do things like that for each other all the time. You should see some of the "classic oop" stuff he has. :crybaby

A private non-profit gaming club in the New York/New Jersey area. Memebrship is available. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Ayac`

Ayac`

I SECRETLY HAVE TWO ACCOUNTS (SHH!!)

• On Notice
  • 0 posts
Those painted Orks look as perfect as Mr. Chaos's :D. I specially like the paintjob on your miniatures, it is tremendously fantastic. The conversions are too! What bit did you used for the Choppa's Boss? A bit from =I= I presume? Heh what could be more Orky than let two grots wield RL's and ride a trakk? :thumbs

Soopa man

Soopa man

Runtherder for life

• Boyz
  • 363 posts
  • Army Name:Da justice league of waagh
Awesome work. Another day, another person who make smy paintbarush cry itself to sleep :biggrin. I love all the work you've done. Are you planning to enter the golden demon? You're plasticard work is also amazing. At the time of this edit, I would, like nozeminer, see a painting 101 done by you.

QUOTE ("Orkeosaurus)
God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

And this is why green is best. None of this mucking about with the "lesser of 21 evils" or nuttin. Just krumpin, good an proppa.

Soopa man

Soopa man

Runtherder for life

• Boyz
  • 363 posts
Awesome work. Another day, another person who make smy paintbarush cry itself to sleep :biggrin. I love all the work you've done. Are you planning to enter the golden demon?

QUOTE ("Orkeosaurus)
God exists, and so does the Devil, only it's really more like twenty Devils, and they all want to see you suffer, and god is paralyzed for life and has to eat souls to keep breathing, but you still worship him because he eats less souls than any of the Devils, and Jesus decided to betray god and his clone still goes around killing people.

And this is why green is best. None of this mucking about with the "lesser of 21 evils" or nuttin. Just krumpin, good an proppa.

Soopa man

Soopa man

Runtherder for life

• Boyz
  • 363 posts
Sorry about the double post. My computer was being weedy. Can a mod please clean one of them up (and preferably this notice as well).

QUOTE ("Orkeosaurus)

Nozeminer

Nozeminer

Glorifier of Grotz

• Deathskullz
  • 2,021 posts
  • Army Name:Snotbagz Nozeminerz
I like your plasticard work :thumbs but, your paint jobs are incredible! :eek I especially like the shading and highlighting, nice smooth transition between the two. I would also be very interested in a 101 on your painting technique. Is that pattern on the trucks armor painted on or molded into the plastic?
Yoo kin pikk yer Warboss an' yoo kin pikk yer noze. But, yoo kant pikk yer Warbossez noze.

"Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Kromlech for all your Orky goodness.

Nozeminer Studioz

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
3000 rivets! :/ I think you're going to fit in here well. ;)

Laters

I know what you mean, such a great model. If interested, I've got a thread where I'm slowly converting mine. I plan to do a gun wagon (eventually) so would be interested to see what you come up with. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!