Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Speed Freek Project Log

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

no-use4a-name

no-use4a-name

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts
  • Army Name:Black Cloud Tribe: Kult of Speed
This is my first post and let me start off by saying that this forum has been an inspiration to me for the last couple of months. It's helped me through some serious blocks. Thanks. FYI, I spend most of my on-line time at Warseer and WiP. But I figured since I'm starting a Speed Freek Waaagh! why not post the progress here for you gitz to critique.

I'd like for you all to be as honest as possible. Don't worry about offending me. I can take harsh, but honest, criticism.

My goal is to get an 1850pt Speed Freek army done by late April. I'm a slow painter. It'll only get done if you gitz crack da' whip. Here's the start of the Waaagh!

First up is the Zzappa Guntrukk.
Posted Image

Two Twin Rokkit Wartrakks- inspired by something I saw here!
Posted Image

Two Skorcha Wartrakks
Posted Image

Warboss Trukk
Posted Image

The Warboss
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some of you may feel he's a bit weedy being based off of a Nob model. I just figure that he's a new Boss an' still growin'. He has a 3+/5+, choppa, PK and a bionik arm. He'll have a retinue of Mega-Armoured and 'eavy armoured Nobz.

Let me apologize in advance for the picture quality and for any forum mistakes I make.

A private non-profit gaming club in the New York/New Jersey area. Memebrship is available. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas
First off Welcome to da Waaaagh! Those are some seriously nice looking buggies/guntrukks you've got there, they look seriously 'Dawn of War-ish' (whic is never a bad thing, cuz I think it's a rockin' design). The only thing I'd really ask is: 'is ther any chance of a scalin' shot with the guntrukk (a regular ork boy standing next to it, just to help get to grips with it's size). I wouldn't worry too much about the size of yer warboss, cuz he looks so obscenely uber-hard with that chainsword and bionic arm. The only real suggestion I can make is that I think the rhino/trukk needs to look a little 'speedier'. Some huge exhausts where the originals were (plus a few more for good measure) should help give the impression that it's capable of a bit more 'voom' than a regular rhino. Hope that helps, MM
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

no-use4a-name

no-use4a-name

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts
@Magos Mechanicus: Once I build a Barry, I'll use him for a scale reference on the next set of picts. Everyone else does. I have no idea why I didn't.

As for the trukk- you've got something there. I felt it to be a little plane for a Boss. I'll dry fit some exhaust and see how it looks. BTW, there' some fluff as to why this Klan uses chopped down Rhinoes for trukks. Real reason, I have a ton of beakie stuff. For ex., 70 of the new plastic termies. Yeah, I OD'd on beakies.

I've got some more pictures to show. I wasn't sure of the maximum images allowed for a post.

Here's a PIP of the Nob and PIP of the Burna boy for first unit of Trukk Boyz.
Posted Image

The rest of the Trukk Boyz.
Posted Image
Posted Image
These Boyz only need a coat of varnish.

And, their trukk. Only the red is finished. The rest is still PIP.
Posted Image

Some of you may have noticed only 9 trukk boys. The tenth wasn't pictured due to a mistake on my part. Sorry.

As always, C&C welcomed.

A private non-profit gaming club in the New York/New Jersey area. Memebrship is available. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Boss Stompy

Boss Stompy

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 257 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bloo Ransackas
I've always thought a good way to introduce yourself is with some nice orky work. :thumbs This looks like the start of a dead 'ard ork army. I really like the massive chainsword you used on the boss. I can only guess that it is an =][= bit I believe I saw once. I also like the bionik arm. Does it actually move or is it fixed into place where it is? I don't have so much of a problem with the warboss being a little smaller since he is starting out, but I do think that any respectable warboss would have been able to acquire a more smashy power fist than that. In my opinion, you should swap out the beakie PF with something a little more large and orky. Just saw your painted stuff and would also like to say that you have done a really good job painting up the boyz. I like your skin tone as well as the white lower jaws. Is that part of your armies fluff, or do you just like the looks of it?
Visit my blog - The Forge of Mars

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Brilliant stuff there! i especially like you warboss. he looks really cartoonish. EDIT: just saw your paint jobs, great work! though i think your rhino could do with some dags.
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Tepok

Tepok

Skarboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,447 posts
  • Army Name:Evil Moonz (Pirates)

TThe only thing I'd really ask is: 'is ther any chance of a scalin' shot with the guntrukk (a regular ork boy standing next to it, just to help get to grips with it's size).

(in a booming, judge like voice) If you were a true ork then you wouldn't require a barry, because everyone can see that the zzzap cannon is for scale!

Naahhh ofc i agree with you Magos,

@ no-use4a-name
Nice trukks, they look fantastic, the rhinos look stunning!
The boss looks a lot bigger than a normal nob tbh, chainsaw is a good choice - but i'd have gone for a metal jaw plate

I hope that you've got some bigga things like a nice BW or a looted vehicle (apart from dem rhinos - i mean big looted vehicle like a LR demolisher)

T

Proppa Unproppa

NazdregsBigMek

NazdregsBigMek

Burna Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 386 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Nazgrim!
I love, love, LOVE your Wartrakks, thats one hell of a (now looted :thumbs ) conversion idea!! Your use of Rhinoz for trukks with the top hatch removed is genius! I especially like the way youve set up the plates around the hatch, it reminds me of the actualtrukk models! Thats one hell of a chainsaw, is it an Inquisitor part?
NBM = Aspirin' Mekboy. Strippin' Motorbike engines is fun! Shame I forget where everything goes back in...
World Of Warcraft: Consuming my soul since July '07

howie

howie

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 100 posts
  • Army Name:PyRos
i like the use of the =][= chainsword for the nob consider that idea mucho looted :)

Da -space- chicken

Da -space- chicken

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 260 posts
the tracks are awsome! but who drives it? the armour plates on the rhino, and the flatbed idea are really cool, do you have a picture of the back of it?
BEWARE OF THE ONE LEGGED SPACE CHICKENS, THEY ARE PLOTTING OUR DEMISE!

no-use4a-name

no-use4a-name

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts

the tracks are awsome! but who drives it?

The drivers are in the cab. I plastic carded a hatch as well as mounted a driver's view port to the cab in each of them.

the armour plates on the rhino, and the flatbed idea are really cool, do you have a picture of the back of it?

Thanks, and if you ask- you may just recieve.

PIP Rear shot of the Trukk Boyz Trukk
Posted Image

And, a rear shot of the Boss' Trukk
Posted Image

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. It just shows what a friendly forum we have here.

On a hobby note, I'm almost done with building the second Zzappa Guntrukk. Just have the rivets and plates to finish. I'll post picts ASAP.

Da -space- chicken

Da -space- chicken

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 260 posts

The drivers are in the cab. I plastic carded a hatch as well as mounted a driver's view port to the cab in each of them.
Thanks, and if you ask- you may just recieve.

PIP Rear shot of the Trukk Boyz Trukk
Posted Image

And, a rear shot of the Boss' Trukk
Posted Image

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone. It just shows what a friendly forum we have here.

On a hobby note, I'm almost done with building the second Zzappa Guntrukk. Just have the rivets and plates to finish. I'll post picts ASAP.

i wasnt sure if your tracks were the same layout as the dow ones with the engine in the front. the backs of the rhinos are good, but id possibly lose the beakie control panels as orks probably would add there own controls.
whats the white thing protruding out of the back of the boss truck? it looks like an ariel but i cant tell from that angle
BEWARE OF THE ONE LEGGED SPACE CHICKENS, THEY ARE PLOTTING OUR DEMISE!

no-use4a-name

no-use4a-name

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts
You're not the first to suggest "Orkifying" the control panel. I guess I was a little lazy. Yes, that is an ariel.

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
Good golly Miss Molly, those are some nice looking Kultists of Speed. I particularly like the Warboss; he isn't too huge, but still looks quite menacing.

Akrim

Akrim

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 147 posts
Neat wheelz man! Im planning to make a halftrakk type thing out of a Rhino kit soon as Im done my BW. I especially like the wartrakks, very DoW style. Nicely done.

Grotfang Warstomp

Grotfang Warstomp

Tankbusta Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 449 posts
  • Army Name:Da Iron Skullz (see my blog in my signature)
Wow nice job with the plasticard! :thumbs Any tips?- seeing those wartracks makes me want to redo all of mine! :crybaby :biggrin

no-use4a-name

no-use4a-name

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts

Wow nice job with the plasticard! Any tips?-

I just try to keep the shapes simple. All of the scratch builds are basically box shaped. I also use plastic "L" beams to help keep the joined pieces at right angles. Once the glue dries, I carefully sand the edges and add the details. My scratch builds are all flash and no substance. Simple shapes made pretty. Hope that helped.

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
Holy frikking hell. NOW THIS is how to intruduce yourself! First off: Awesome convertions (or should i say scratchbuilds? :D) Secondly: good god you are as of now OBLIGATED to give us a rundown on how you paint your orkz! all in all can't come with much critique, but as for your name, Tuff Git used to be called notthemilkybar_kid and changed because noone would call him anything but NTMBK ;) Awesome models NU4AN!
A genuinly profound and witty signature

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
nice work *claps* i actually dont think that the rinos need any more speedyness, cuz they just look so darn 'ard! I love the chainsword on your boss, where's it from? and one more thing, your boss isn't that small, but i would be carful, as he may look weedy next to some mega armored nobz, i would put him on a raised base if i were you.
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

no-use4a-name

no-use4a-name

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts
ThorDUDE and deamoncow, you both know how to make a man blush.

@DC, do to the base Da' Boss is on, he's about 1mm taller than a mega armored Nob. I'm tempted to to add some plastic card to the underside of his boots or maybe lengthen his legs a tad. Just so he's even taller.

@TD, there's a lot involved in the painting of these guys. What, in particular, would you like a rundown on? please don't say everything please don'tsayeverything please ohpleaseoh....

trappa

trappa

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 27 posts
  • Army Name:grimfang's flame boyz
this is a really amazing army :thumbs i really like the rhino trukks I'd like to see one with the front open showing the crew driving it (only an idea) could you get agroup pic please as i would like to see the army as a whole :search