Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Glyph Charts

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Zugga neksnappa

Zugga neksnappa

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 140 posts
  • Army Name:Zugga'z Foot sloggera
There is an ork font some where, with the Phonetik runes. don't know where though
The power of Gork compels you! *krush*

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
Cool Gaf-Naz, the Skrap needs a tiny bit of tweaking. Turn the Ulk CCW about 5* and there is a line but it only closes off the Ulk... doesn't go past like the ground would. Otherwise dead on :thumbs
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,826 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Wahey the Grot Rebel star Glyph is on. I'm happy now.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
I've updated the charts in the first post. :thumbs Only change is I've tweaked the Skrap glyph - thanks 4ton. :cheers Thanks for all the comments. Suggestions always appreciated. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

KNW

KNW

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 493 posts
  • Army Name:The Industral Strength WAAAAGH
Okay, you guys are, like, messin' with me, right? I do not see these Skrap and Digga glyphs.

Zugga neksnappa

Zugga neksnappa

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 140 posts
  • Army Name:Zugga'z Foot sloggera
I found those glyphs I was talking about, there near the bottom :cheers Here
The power of Gork compels you! *krush*

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...

Okay, you guys are, like, messin' with me, right? I do not see these Skrap and Digga glyphs.

Hit F5 then look again (that refreshes the cache)

Gaf: Awesome, Skrap looks spot on!
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
holy crap this rocks! NOW i know exactly what to write on my tanks! i just noted down the name of my warboss Gogripp Bossbonk, which can be written with both Glyphs and phonetical glyphs!
A genuinly profound and witty signature

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:BUNDESWEHR YEH MAN
I love you Gaf Naz, I want to marry your children, then sell them back to you. GS
MY TROLLING AND ABUSIVE POSTS GOT ME BANNED OK YEH

Tinners

Tinners

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 362 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Korp uv Krump
You really are a great business man greenstuff. The charts are really handy, my next vehicle project will have loads of glyphs on it now. :thumbs

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
*Painting my Warbosses name in glyphs as we speak* ... "i write".... or more like "you read" actually...
A genuinly profound and witty signature

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Thanks for all the feedback guys. :cheers And offers of marriage for my sporelings. ;) I'm glad the charts are being used allready. I'm planning to cover my soopa 'evy in glyphs so I know I'll be using them. :biggrin I'm thinking about adding a "fan kreated glyphs" page to cover any gaps in the official list. So far I think we need glyphs for: tin'ead - Tin 'Edz fish'ead - Fish 'Edz Teleporter - Tellyporta Aircraft - Fighta Train/Steam Engine - Steama Beer/Drink - Brew To annoy - Nark - is on the Waaagh's A-Z and reminds me of Porridge. Very Orky IMO. ;) All feedback and suggestions for other glyphs appreciated. :cheers

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

OrkKaptin

OrkKaptin

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 85 posts
  • Army Name:N/A
IMO it should be Steema instead of Steama, but I dunno...writing in Ork is a tricky buisness, cuz' there IS a stopping point but you can never be sure where it is. I think a decent name for the 'Crons would be "Kowwid Kanz" due to their disappearing ability. Need more insults! Ork is a delightful language for insults!

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Ork Kaptin, here you are bringing up, by my count thread 3 or 4 with nothing of substance. I hope someone catches on soon. This thread, however awesome, and similar to the others you have already resurrected has been dead for well over a year! Stop resurrecting!
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Metaphorazine

Metaphorazine

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Da Buhg Smashaz!
While this thread is up, any chance of it being pinned or the info added to the 101s? Threads looking for certain glyphs seem to pop up relatively frequently...

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
What's the glyph for weedy threadmancery? ;) Metaphorazine - there's a link in the Blooprints and I'll add one to the 101 thread - good call. :thumbs Once I get a few urgent projekts out of the way I'll come back to these charts as I have some ideas for new glyphs I'd like to bounce off you guys. :cheers

Metaphorazine

Metaphorazine

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
  • Army Name:Da Buhg Smashaz!
You could always add the glyphs for Da Green Kroosade and whatever the Madoosa glyph was. :)

Bull Gunta Grim Smakk

Bull Gunta Grim Smakk

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 172 posts
  • Army Name:Bull Guntaz Boyz fum da Great Space Hulk Vast Scrap
This is Great I have most of these Gliffs but have to search through my old books to find them. :search As I only joined Da Waaagh late last year I for one really appreciate the resurrection of this thread. Thank you, thank you, I would have missed this thread all together :thumbs Great work Gaf-Naz :cheers BGGS :scowl