Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Glyph Charts

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
After seeing the excellent work by KroozA on his gargant chart, and Oddballz et al on the Battlewagon FAQ, I thought I'd contribute a little something too.

Here's my attempt at getting all the ork glyphs in one place (updated 22nd November):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've used the glyphs from "Waaargh the Orks", "Freebooterz", 1994's "Codex Orks" and the current Codex.

Where different books have given different translations I've included them all.

I don't have any of the GorkaMorka books, so would appreciate it if someone who does could check them for me and let me know if there's any glyphs in them that I've missed.

If anyone knows of any other glyphs then please let me know and I'll add them.

Hope you all find this helpful when decking-out your vehicles with glyphs to insult your skumgrods. ;)

All C&C appreciated. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Trick Ork

Trick Ork

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gorhides
nice work! i never knew there were so many glyphs :cheers:
Da Gorhides
We iz turnin red!

innonexess

innonexess

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts
  • Army Name:Da JaKLs
now that *in bill and ted voise* is a most exelent glyph chart *bill and ted is turned off *
QUOTE(--Anon)
--"Orkses is never beaten in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die so we don't count as beat. If we runs we dont count as beat neither, so we can come back and 'ave anuvver go, see"

Da JakLs : "yella' an reds our kula see, coz gork and mork won't let uz be"
trust me, dont click here do anything BUT click here

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...

I don't have any of the GorkaMorka books, so would appreciate it if someone who does could check them for me and let me know if there's any glyphs in them that I've missed.

I'm looking into it :thumbs
You're missing Digga and Skrap

Digga (looks just like the oomie glyph only colors reversed)
Weedy, Underground, Weak, False

Skrap (looks like the glyph for ulk only facing the other direction, the nose is pointed down at about 45* with the bottom half of the Ulk missing as if buried)
Fortune,Payment, Tithe, Offering

Lemme know if you need me to do an illustration of either one
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:BUNDESWEHR YEH MAN
Hehe... 1,2,3,4,5,6, lots. Awesome, with this and the BW thread, i'm sorely tempted to make a new one, complete with a bajillion glyphs! GS
MY TROLLING AND ABUSIVE POSTS GOT ME BANNED OK YEH

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Thanks for the comments ladz. :thumbs 4ton - thanks for looking those up. I'll add them in the week sometime and you can let me know how close I get. ;) Gotta get the GorkaMorka books for my library some day. :search GS - glad to have inspired you and looking forward to see a glyphtastic wagon.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Tork

Tork

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 104 posts
  • Army Name:blood skulls
this is hella awsome keep it coming :thumbs
cows go moo

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts

Thanks for the comments ladz. :thumbs

4ton - thanks for looking those up. I'll add them in the week sometime and you can let me know how close I get. ;) Gotta get the GorkaMorka books for my library some day. :search

GS - glad to have inspired you and looking forward to see a glyphtastic wagon.

Will do mate :thumbs Job's a gud un BTW

Waaagh da Glyphs!
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,826 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Aww I dunno, maybe there's something missing, say a red star or something... :/ I like, very kool Naz - it's kinda annoying because there's glyphs there that are so cool I want to start certain ork armies ta use em... Good work, nicely presented.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Good call on the red star Dim. I'll add it under Klan Glyphs as "Grot Rebels". Keep the suggestions coming. :cheers

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,826 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
I were just jestin actually, but if it's helped in a bizarre way, then that's fine also...

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts

I were just jestin actually, but if it's helped in a bizarre way, then that's fine also...

Very helpful. :cheers

I'd forgotten about Grot Rebels - they must have appeared when I was out of 40K for a few years. And the red star seems to be their official symbol, so in it goes. :thumbs

I remember the day when any grot with visions of rebellion got 'volunteered' for Shokk Attak Gun testing. :biggrin

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
how bout a foot kickin a pair of berrys for fish'ead? ...that or a goldfish...
CODE

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas
My hat's off to you! It looks like I've been outdone. Maybe we can get these put on the main website gallery, as a resource to all orks.
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

Nightserpent

Nightserpent

Arch Arsonist

• Bosses
  • 8,487 posts
  • Army Name:Der Red Kobraz

Maybe we can get these put on the main website gallery, as a resource to all orks.

A tad questionable, actually, it could be perceived as IP infringement.... even having it here. :(

Not that I don't appreciate all the work that's gone into this, and it's nice for members without all the books to have the resource. :yes

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas
True, although it seems a little backwards to me that GW would hoard IP rights over a book that it doesn't even publish anymore. Still, maybe some credits to GW are necessary.
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

A_Grot

A_Grot

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 177 posts
well, gw have sued (well, atleast theatened to) people for having scanned copies of the gorkamorka books..... hell, i seem to remember a case with the RT rulebook

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Thanks for the comments guys. :cheers

A tad questionable, actually, it could be perceived as IP infringement.... even having it here. :(

Not that I don't appreciate all the work that's gone into this, and it's nice for members without all the books to have the resource. :yes

Do you really think this could be considered IP infringement? If you want me to remove it then please let me know as I wouldn't want to cause any trouble for da Waaagh.

I think I'll email GW legal and see what they say. :whip

Gorarat_greatclaw

Gorarat_greatclaw

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greatklaws
I love it how the sign for "bioniks" ("Stud") is an Orky version of the Adeptus Mechinicus symbol. :)

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
I've updated the charts - see the first post. :thumbs I've studied GW's IP policy, and spoken to a couple of legal people I know, and added a disclaimer which I feel addresses the IP rights issue. However, I've also emailed GW's legal department and asked for their opinion/suggestions and will bide by their decision - though I withold the right to appeal! :biggrin Again, if any of the Nobs ask me to remove the charts, I will do. I've also added the glyphs for Digga and Skrap - thanks 4ton. :cheers And the Rebel Grot star - thanks Dim. :cheers Does Skrap look OK? Wasn't sure if there was a line under the crashed hulk or not. :? All C&C and glyphs I've missed welcome. :cheers