Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GARGANT SIZE CHART

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Perfect_Timing

Perfect_Timing

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
Yes, I also had a question around the Krawla...is that in Epic, I have never seen one before. Also did you think about adding a Pulsa Rokkit or Grot bomb to the top?

Grimgor Grubskraga

Grimgor Grubskraga

Squigpipes

• Grotz
  • 67 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grubskraga
Does anyone else look at the scaling pic and immediately wonder how feasible it would be for a gaming group to create a Savage gunship? :lol

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 975 posts

Does anyone else look at the scaling pic and immediately wonder how feasible it would be for a gaming group to create a Savage gunship? :lol

You must not have read Apocalypse Reload. :cheers

kustim-ork

kustim-ork

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 96 posts

I was wondering, how about including Squiggoths and Gargantuan Squiggoths

I too would like to request this be included or maybe on a separate page, please and thanks!
Your work is excellent, and well researched as always!

What were your thoughts on allowing people to post this on their personal web pages? Yes No? Didn't see if you answered that.

orrik

orrik

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
could you change the heights so it's more kind-of like stompa mabye 8"-10" or something like that so its more open?
New 40k forum come over and have a look.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Ive never gone much on illustrations, they vary greatly. If you compear that drawing to the picture of the epic models I posted you can see a great increase in the size of the WarLord compeared to the WarHound. In the drawing the WarLord would be around 25" tall. Thats not a bad thing by any means. I just prefer to keep the size differences in line with the epic range. If FW did ever make a WarLord I doubt it would be that tall.

THIS PIC from the Titan Legions game is a great example of how impratical it is to judge size from illustrations.
Take a look at the Beakiez exiting the lower leg section of the Titan. That would make it at least 6 feet tall in 40K scale.
But then look at the size of the BaneBlade compeared to the troops. Its more than twice the size of the offical 40K model. Also the old skool LandRaider in the bottom left corner... thats about twice the size of the 40K model when you compear it with the troops around it.
So taking that into acount drasticly reduces the 6 foot Titan to a mere 3 feet.
Most illustrations show titans and super heavies in their true scale, so they appear much larger than what a 40K model of them would be ;)

When allz said n done it comes down to personal taste. Ive seen a couple of 6 foot tall Titans and Mega Gargantz and they certainly look impressive.
But they are very out of scale with everything else on the gaming board for the reasons stated above. Not forgetting the praticality side of things. Personly, if I were going to enter a Apox Battle with a Mega Gargant Id rather build using my scaling method ;)

The Krawla is an Epic model, though I dont think its offical, not sure as havent been into Epic in a while.
The closest thing to compear it with would be the Epic Capitol Imperialis. A nice pic of which can be seen HERE in post No 9.
Its basicly a LandBattleShip, simular to a GunFortress but much bigger with heaps more turrets and troop space.

Well each one take quite a while to draw so including things such as the Squiggoth and Gargantuan Squiggoth isnt high on my list of prioritiez.
Firstly, they are more complicated to draw than a Gargant, and secondly, they are produced by FW who state the size anyway.
This chart is first and foremost for people wanting to scratch build a model that isnt already in production. Yes I have included a few production models such as the WarHound and Reaver so you can get a better feel of how these Gargants measure up to what it already on the market. But including each and every large production model seems rather pointless.

As for allowing people to use this chart on thier own site... well yes I do, so long as it has been agreed. Firsly I have to be happy with the finished verson of the chart before I will alow it to be displayed on another site. Here on the Waaagh is the chart's blog... so I dont mind putting my WIP verson here for C&C. But that doesnt mean its free to upload to ur own sight without my permission.

could you change the heights so it's more kind-of like stompa mabye 8"-10" or something like that so its more open?

Why :? These hights are not set in stone, they are simply a guide line. Every Ork noz that no two Stompaz are the same so the fact their hight vary seems ovious.
Plus I did state a few posts back that the 9" stompa is a general rep of all the Stompa classes... and as such its hight is an average.
Or have I missed the point of your request?
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Quag

Quag

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 153 posts
Started Building my own Slasha Gargant based on the more recent orc Gargant model, It's about 24" Tall and having seen the new Stompa It looks about right for me, I really like the Chart but I think everything looks about 6" too Small (thats just personal taste though) If I get a chance I might put some phots up once the main body and arms are done at the moment it is just the general shape -Arms.. Good Work Krooza

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Well 24" would make it a good 'true scale' but at that hight its 8" taller than the offical Reaver Titan model, and in the Epic range the Ork Gargant is actualy shorter ;) The new GW 40K Stompa isnt compearable to the Epic Stompaz because it is much larger. The Epic stompaz would be around 6" in 40K scale whilst this new GW one is 9" GW seemed to have designed this new Stompa to fit alot of rolls... anything from standard Stompa, MekBoy Gargant.. all the way up to Supa Stompa... which in the Epic range isnt a great deal smaller than an Ork Gargant. One thing I think this new chart depicts quite nicely this the fact for a small increase in hight you actualy get a large increase in mass. The drawings of the Stompa, Ork Gargant, Great Gargant and Mega Gargant make this pretty clear. These nothing rong with a 24" Ork Gargant. To be fair its a better 'true scale' size than the 12" one Ive shown. But... put it on a battle field with offical GW and FW models and it will be completely out of scale. Id be the first to admit my measurements are on the conservative side. You could easierly add a few inchs to the Gargant hights and keep them scale, making an... Ork Gargant 12" - 15" Great Gargant 15" - 20" Mega Gargant 18" - 25" Ive used the lower end of the scale because it fits better with whats on the market. And keeps the ArmourCast stuff in scale. The ArmourCast Great Gargant is only 13.5" in stock form so declaring a Great Gargant to be 18" tall would make it vastly undersized. Also... from my own experience... when under taking a Gargant project, its all to easy to make things too big. You aim for 15" but end up with 18" ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

nkelsch

nkelsch

Deliriak

• Boyz
  • 2,573 posts

Started Building my own Slasha Gargant based on the more recent orc Gargant model, It's about 24" Tall and having seen the new Stompa It looks about right for me, I really like the Chart but I think everything looks about 6" too Small (thats just personal taste though)

Slasha gargants are the small gargant. They are barley bigger than a stompa in epic. Besides, Epic model scale doesn't translate directly to 40k. Basically the new 'stompa' is really the small gargant from epic. They just are using a different term.

The issue was for a while, people would make 'stompaz' anywhere from 5" like the epicast ones to 20". No one could agree what size justified structure points and weapons and all that. It makes if very hard to play apocalypse with kitbashes when you have 4 models all using the same rules that are all obscenely different sizes.

Now that we have an official Stompa size, we also have an official gargant size.

Armorcast gargant is in-scale with the Armorcast Warhound/Reaver.
Armorcast Warhound/Reaver is in-scale the forgeworld Warhound/Reaver.
Forgeworld Warhound/Reaver is in-scale with the new Stompa.

There for Armorcast Gargant is in scale with the new Stompa.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Check out all my orks!: Waaagh 'Az-ard
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quag

Quag

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 153 posts
Ok nicely explained, I might add the Extra Batterys on Shoulders Etc and Upgrade to great gargant :biggrin

Ramashek

Ramashek

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 459 posts
Nice new size chart krooza :) big thumbs up althought it's alot similar to the others it's nice to have the "newer" less ambiguous versions of the super heavies than the previous one. All i know is, without jabbering on, the size comparisons between pictures, graphs, or even the epic models, can't be strictly adhered to, as although they are all canon ( i use the term loosely ), practicality is paramount, which is where Kroozas size charts come in :) That said, i do agree, that maybe under your pictures, they could have like a "feasable size change" like you put in your last post Krooza, then people would find it less intimidating to stick to it like glue. Would you consider putting a panzee revenant titan on there? I don't like panzees per se, but i had an idea of scratch building one because of its agility and ability to fit sonic lances which are not BS dependant ( obviously proxyable as some kind of experimental weapons ). At the risk of sounding "pushy" a flyer only chart would be cool, especially showing other races flyers both from side and above, so that blue faced lootas like myself can scratch build those suckers >.< ( obviously you have a life Krooza, merely putting the thought out there, who knows, you could get bored and it could fill some empty time )
The Mek Who Can Never Finish A Project

big mek boomsnik

big mek boomsnik

Steel Teef

• Evil Sunz
  • 668 posts
  • Army Name:waaaagh goreteef
why remove the krawla? and wht hight would a landa be?
By the end of the week will it be Penelope the Piece of Pansee Dung?-dim reapa
Eh, it's a post about Ke.lets, going off topic is just getting into the spirit of things frankly.
-penelope the wonder pony
my waaagh blog http://minilink.me/mekkin%20blog!/ pic heavy!

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts

Ok nicely explained, I might add the Extra Batterys on Shoulders Etc and Upgrade to great gargant :biggrin

Ya! Another convertee to the flock ;)

No plans for any more Titanz. The Panzee Titan is 12" tall... says so on the FW site ;)
Boomsnik. I removed the Krawla coz it took up alot of space and its basicly just a lander on trakkz. There is a good disciption of it at the bottom.
Im sure you can work out the hight of the Landa. The chart is on a 1" square grid. I realy dont think I need to write every measurement down :P
Nuf Said.

Warbossgunzmek

Warbossgunzmek

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 23 posts
  • Army Name:Da 'Evey Amour 'Umpany
I made a mega gargant for a big ork game but sadly it was destroyed in a flood It was 4 feet tall and 3 feel wide and had some big gunz Wish i had a pic :crybaby :crybaby

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
not sure if im the first person to ask this, but why is the stompaz depicted with trakks?

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0