Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

iron giant conversion?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

lord opium

lord opium

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Urok
i was thinking of doing a stompa and i thought the iron man (giant) would look good as one.
although i don't realy know how i'm goning to do this. i've found some pics that might help.
any comments, advice or sugestions would be apriciated.

lord op

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img23.photobu...01/iron_wal.jpg
ignore Hogarth :biggrin

http://img54.imagesh...4/8466/26ku.jpg

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
That would rock as a model. Just need to modify the jaw to being a bit more orky, and maybe some new 'stylised' armour, and it could work. Give him an axe
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
They made 8 inch toys of the robot. Try the old ebay. Edit: Yes, your second picture is the toy, you already know...
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
I say chop his neck off (the orky pose) give him a choppa, make his eyes angry and give him teef! Oh and remember to add hatches, ladders , grots and orks, to tie him in scale-wise!
A genuinly profound and witty signature

lord opium

lord opium

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
they made a 20" inch model and its on e-bay for $250 i think which is so many £???. any way if i could aford that i would get it otherwise how else could i make 1?

Bozo

Bozo

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 606 posts
this seems the right size but the price is a bit steep, must be some sort of collectors item.

this is a little cheaper and a little bigger

There is also a multitude of 4.25 inch tall ones btu i think that could be a little on the small side.

I think this is definately an idea though, i would not change the stature at all, but i would give him a big hammer and make one arm a built in energy cannon type thing.(Like metroid ;) )

:cheers
I am the Whistler, and I know many things for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, many secrets of men and women who have stepped into the shadows, yes I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak. -PM me if you know what this is from

The Best Khorne Forum Ever

Talk in Plain English

spacemanspiff

spacemanspiff

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 207 posts
  • Army Name:da kracked skullz,
ok id say: arms: especially the top/bicep part make thicker as well as hamstring part of leg just seems weedy face: make eyes angry, put teeth on the jaw give him some hand held choppa/chainsaw type weapon (plasticard is your friend) other than that id agree with earlier posts : spiky bits, hatches, grot riggers, errant wires, maybe some bolt on shootas, more rivets, oh oh oh.. maybe add some sorta kannon, 50's esque zzapp, or skorcha on the abs/belly section ( may suggest keep with the whole 50's sci-fi feel of it) maybe on a base of it stompin some panzee/umie/pointy gitz but mostly (of course) have fun with it "if it aint broke, da mek dint fix it" - feral ork warboss
"those who know how to play, play. Those who don't know how to play, play beakies"

Warboss Thrugg

Warboss Thrugg

Loota Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,243 posts
  • Army Name:Thrugg's Thugs
You'd have to majorly beef it up, but it has potential. It'd look good using those long legs to punt a beakie like a big chunky football. See if you can get a good pic of a kickoff in action, and mimick the pose to get a good sense of motion.

Yes, that's American football of which I speak.
"I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And racoons. On fire."
- Richard, Looking for Group

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
I LOVE IRON GIANT! and watch the movie, at the end he goes into "defence" mode and unloads with tons of amazing alien weapons that kick ass. seeing as the iron giant is from a alien race from space, there may be more iron giants, so you could make this one iron giant's brother that landed on an ork held world in the 41st millenium, and that the orks trained him like hogarth did. awsome tasticness! AND SOME OF THE 8 INCHERS WOULD MAKE GOOD KANS IF YOU POSED THEM BETTER THAN THEY COME.
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,827 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Awww here was me thinking you meant the one from the Final fantasy range!

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz

You'd have to majorly beef it up, but it has potential. It'd look good using those long legs to punt a beakie like a big chunky football. See if you can get a good pic of a kickoff in action, and mimick the pose to get a good sense of motion.

Yes, that's American football of which I speak.

Oh, Yes, because thats the football where you kick the ball alot...

I would thinki it needed a big chunky backpack and probably a a gun on his arm, so big it weighs him down ;)
A genuinly profound and witty signature

Dredakka

Dredakka

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 177 posts
  • Army Name:Vulcha Sqwardron
Spacemanspiff summed it up pretty well. His limbs are pretty weedy especially the upper arms. Could end up being an expensive conversion if you actually going to get one through Ebay as a base model.
That ain't gonna work!

warboss grimlok

warboss grimlok

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
i think you would need to cut the head off and reposition it lower to make it more hunched like da boyz

lord opium

lord opium

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
i know a shop in the town i live in which has a load of old toys and stuff so i might go and have a look to see if they have any. i like the hammer idea, a double handed malet or something?

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
I would definately make the arms beefier, and maybe going so far as to shorten the legs too.

I really like the Metroid arm idea... :! Give it a cannon arm and paint it bloo! Da Bloo Bomma lives again, proppa this time. :thumbs
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Now its proppa ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• IronGiant.PNG

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Destecado

Destecado

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
  • Army Name:Dezrt Dawgz
There are a bunch of the 4.25 inch Iron Giant figures currently on Ebay. Granted, these aren't the right size for your stompa, but might do for making large mechanized orks...probably some mad creation of a Big Mek. Another thought would be to make a mega grot shaped like a large mechanical ork (inspired by wally's mega grot)...."The Grot Who Would Be Nob"...I can just picture a grot hiding inside the chest, turning gears and pulling levers... :!

lord opium

lord opium

Vampire Squig

• Boyz
  • 108 posts
thanks krooza that looks great even though i havent got anything yet i'll try to do some ruff sketchs and watch the film a few more times to get some ideas.

Bozo

Bozo

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 606 posts
I think somethign akin to Posted Image but metal would be an awesome melee weapon, and something akin to the metroid arm kannon would look cool on the other arm.

Also i disagree with krooza, i think this would look much more interesting with it's original lanky proportions

:cheers
I am the Whistler, and I know many things for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, many secrets of men and women who have stepped into the shadows, yes I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak. -PM me if you know what this is from

The Best Khorne Forum Ever

Talk in Plain English

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
in the movie one of his arms does turn into a GIANT cannon, so if you could possibly (don't know if these exist) find a model of him ythat transforms from normal-ness to ultakickassness then that would be amazing
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/