Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tribute Stompa

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

wally

wally

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
  • Army Name:usmc
well worked out the drive mech today

its all cogs lascannons

Posted Image

the box at the top of the leg contains a cam shaft thingie
Posted Image

look like it could work?

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
it needs something in the middle... a mounting bracket or the like other wise it would all fly apart under the strain of the weight and the gears need something to actually turn upon.
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

wally

wally

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
yea its not mounted yet this is just the mock up

DaBlackGobbo

DaBlackGobbo

Flash Git

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,105 posts
  • Army Name:no name yet
looking goog so far. its reminding me of a mad cat
na na na na na na na na leader.....

Ah stuff it that'll do . . . .

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Couldn't access the pic of the stompa you're giving tribute to but your start seems pretty cool, aren't you going to cover a lot of your intricate detailing up with armour plates? :soap If there is going to be significant build over what you've done so far I'd advise you to base coat as you go, painting into little cracks is fiddly as hell. Apologies if I'm preaching to the converted!

wally

wally

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
VROOOOOOOOOOM

made da turbine enjine
its real hi tech

view from da rear
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

beefed out the back of da feets
Posted Image

used the jets off a fish'ead suit
so now the rest is useless
DO'H
must look b4 choppin

@stuff it, yea i was gonna have the armour plates removable like the FW shadowblade (i fink dont quote me) so u can see the details and i fixed da link

Narziss

Narziss

Slugga Boy

• Grot Rebelz
  • 378 posts
  • Army Name:DeffKorps of Waaargh!
wow... canĀ“t wait see it ready... that turbine engine is :bleep ing awesome
-------------------------

Home is where your Rucksack is!

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Mousemuffins would be proud. Looking good :cheers (200th post :D)
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas
Looking good. You seem to have gone with a very labour-intensive way of making gears. I'd recommend using LEGO Technic gears instead. They're about the right size. By the way, where is Mousemuffins? He hasn't finished his great gargant yet. :search
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral

Looking good. You seem to have gone with a very labour-intensive way of making gears. I'd recommend using LEGO Technic gears instead. They're about the right size.

By the way, where is Mousemuffins? He hasn't finished his great gargant yet. :search

He posts few and far between it seems.
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

wally

wally

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
@ghaleon88 lego gears would be cool but i am trying to build it from GW parts and plastic card/tube only

Netherorc

Netherorc

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 294 posts
  • Army Name:deathskullz
the turbine is awesome. the feet and legs are also so cool! keep up the good work :biggrin
Im back... after a long break. Glad to be back here ^^

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...

@ghaleon88 lego gears would be cool but i am trying to build it from GW parts and plastic card/tube only

That's pretty ironic since I don't think mousemuffins used that many GW parts (might be getting his stompa confused with Ein's)
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts

Now, that's perfectly silly. Any good mek knows that plasticard and GW parts will only get 'im so far - eventually, you have to get resourceful. Believe me, if it saves cash, and looks better in the end, there's no reason not to do it.

I can understand not wanting to make bulk recognizeable parts out of lego, or GW competitors, especially if you plan to enter this into a GW competition. But nobody's going to notice gears.

Don't place rules on yourself. :nono

wally

wally

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
but rules are what makes it fun
i could use any thing in its construction but that would be easy
you have to be more resourceful when you have less to work with
it the whole idea behind scratch building
like my sherman i could have just got a 1/48 scale tank but thats not the same as making it
just my take on the subject :cheers

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:BUNDESWEHR YEH MAN
I agree, creating your own parts to things is much more rewarding, and much better practice. Aswell as cheaper. So more power to you Wally. GS
MY TROLLING AND ABUSIVE POSTS GOT ME BANNED OK YEH

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
It's not cheaper if he has to use GW bits! All I'm saying is that they're the perfect size and scale, even for Warhammer, which is more than you can say about scale military models (which would look very strange indeed on a tabletop). Besides, where did that beige nosecone/fan on the turbine engine come from?

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 63 posts
Is scratch building a stompa not challenging enough for you without adding extra constraints?! I guess scratch building is all about using what's handy and if that ain't lego then who cares so long as it still looks cool (which it does) and you're having fun (which you clearly are. The engine looks awsome, I'm intrigued to see how it will attach to the rest of the model. My only question, which I find myself regularly asking, is this: Is it big enough? Keep up the good work man :thumbs

wally

wally

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 125 posts
@ghaleon88 ,lol you got me i couldnt scratch it so i had to steal it from a 1/48 scale fw190 @stuff it ,well its been a real b!@%# to attach it to the legs and when its fitted i gonna add some massave air intakes that should beef it out some sorry no new pics done a bunch of work but it still looks the same

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
Heh heh. Oh well, it does still look sweet, lego or not. Good luck, and I'll be keeping an eye on this one. You have some talent, Wally.