Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can you use both a beakie and Inquisitor?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Hammerz

Hammerz

Slugga Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 379 posts
  • Army Name:Hammerz
We've got this new guy whos joined our group, and to our delight, he also plays Inquisitor as well as 40K. Well, we asked him to tell us about his Warband. either way, turns out he has both a grey Knight beakie AND an Inquisitor. To my knowledge that wasn't legal, as was the main thinking of several of us. however, one point of view as that the beakie replaces the Inquisitor as the most powerful character of the warband, his isn't the most powerful Inquisitor I've yet to meet. But there's been some arguing over whether or not its legal, despite this little loop hole, to field both at once. what do you guys think?
QUOTE (Andrew the Eternal @ Feb 8 2007, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yay, now I have shame! Before I was shameless.:biggrin

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,847 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
You can use em both, but it's a bit much... Generally you can do what you want, but beakies spoil the game IMO, and anyway, it's best to use the points system at the back of the rulebook and if you rounded points of the people who didn't go mad, you'd probably find you were hideously over the average. Personally I'd say it's cheesy, unless one of them isn't great I.e. a small time Inquisitor or a regular beakie...

Hammerz

Hammerz

Slugga Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 379 posts
Thanks. As a matter of fact, he's got an exceptionally poor Inquisitor, armed with a bolt pistol and sword. He's mainly there for show, I believe.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,847 posts
Inquisitor is a great game, but it's balancing the warbands that's a bit of a pig. As I've sed before, beakies can make or break a game - GW has been encouraging the use of Beakies as NPCs rather than used in people's gangs - my Chaos Beakie lord (ie made from the Daemon Prince) was made as the GM lord, who, upon dying the chaos side would lose - thus justifying the uberness. The key is trying to balance it out, its ok to have a beakie and an Inquisitor if all the other gangs are full of lots of counter evil things - by far the most broken in Inquisitor is the panzee Ranger - "Sorry, fraid I go first again I see! Hmm, I think with my 6 goes I'll aim once and shoot as much as possible!" Also, generally henchmen are made weak or one trick ponies by such players - they're the weak link, take the henchmen out first, and then the other ones are sitting ducks. A balanced warband OWNS far more often, it's just killing a beakie is a pain in the arse - except for my Zealot with Multi Melta...

Hammerz

Hammerz

Slugga Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 379 posts
The beakies really no worry when you compare it to some other warbands we've got. I'm personnally very proud of my panzee Pirate Prince W/ diresword. That painstakingly converted model is also one of the weaker characters compared to the Deathwatch, Robots and Genestealers you'll see here.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,847 posts
Well in that case it'd be fine really, it just depends on the yardstick... Personally the best games come from pretty simple characters with a few abilities and limited weapons and ammo, but it depends on the type of gaming you're looking for really.