Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big Mek Gutsnippa

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:BUNDESWEHR YEH MAN
Well...not quite yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Underbelly:

Posted Image

Yes...it is quite larger:

Posted Image

2 Cookies for whoever guesses the inspiration!

GS
MY TROLLING AND ABUSIVE POSTS GOT ME BANNED OK YEH

Jolly_ork

Jolly_ork

Stormboy

• Blood Axez
  • 1,351 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Hog's Hoggers
Maybe that final fantasy movie? Nice bike anyways. Can't wait to see the rider. ;)
Bringin' the SmartAss to you since '89

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
Nope, though you're on the right track with "movie". And the rider, i dunno whether to makanize him, or have him with flesh. GS

drozzy

drozzy

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
  • Army Name:Da Red Berets
Is it the bikes from Akira? V. Nice so far mate

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
Hai, Jokers bike from Akira is the inspiration for this. Now, i'm in a spot of trouble, i don't quite know how to attach the front pegs, and am not sure if i have all the required bits for a worky looking engine. So help there would be appreciated. GS

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral

Hai, Jokers bike from Akira is the inspiration for this. Now, i'm in a spot of trouble, i don't quite know how to attach the front pegs, and am not sure if i have all the required bits for a worky looking engine. So help there would be appreciated.
GS

Akira = best ever
Too bad I cannot find a picture of that bike...I just tried for like 20 minutes.
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
The only way i have found is to just pause the film..even then, not many good angle shots. GS

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,833 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Just a thought, but do you have the DVD of Akira greenstuff? I got a few pics and things on my boxes - and there's a few extras I ain't checked - I'll have a gander - although your best bet is annuals and things - there's bound to be a geek somewhere who's disected every damn milimetre of that bike.

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
I do somewhere, the Japanese and English versions infact. I'll browse ebay fo' some stuff! Updates in a few minutes. GS

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
Updates:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GS

Greven

Greven

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 438 posts
  • Army Name:Generul Gobgar's DeffSkwadron
hehe looks great. nice start on the bioniks everyone seems to think that the fish'ead gun thingy is a gteat engine.. to be hnosest i realy dont think so tto blocky and unralistic look..besides.. not orky in my oppinion.. you'll probably make it look good but a toy engine from an old car from when you where younger whould work too.. but i guess one doesnt have too many of those.. looking forward to next update..
Dere is a new ork god, 'is name is Fork. and 'e brings revelusjonery teknologee
Fork

for any mek there is no clear line between werk and wrek

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas
That's a really nice looking bike, and it's god to see it coming along so well. The ion cannon looks like a good base for an engine, but it does need some extra detail, maybe modelling an approximation of carburettors, HT leads (the leads that go from the spark plugs) or camchains. I find that a good rummage around the internet for real life exmaples helps a lot for that. (Since it's a motorbike, I'd recommend searching for V-twin engines, as they're the most common 'V' configuration bike engine) Hope it helps.
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

Jolly_ork

Jolly_ork

Stormboy

• Blood Axez
  • 1,351 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Hog's Hoggers
As nice as those bioniks are, i think real legs are the way to go. It'll be harder, but oh so much sweeter. You could always sculpt them aswell. ;)
Bringin' the SmartAss to you since '89

Valandras

Valandras

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 235 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Goldgobs Gitsquishas
JO's right, legs are the future. They may be difficult to do, but the end result will be well worth it!
Stomp! Stomp!!! STOMP!!!

"Never try to run away from a tyranid. They will catch you and eat you. Then again, you could always climb a tree. Then you'll get a nice view before the knock the tree down and eat you."

QUOTE (eddie the troll @ Apr 16 2008, 08:36 PM)
Any time, any place, any Waaagh