Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Speed Freak Warboss (Gragzzzap Himself) WIP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Uge Mek Gragzzzap Da Sparka

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
  • Army Name:Gragzzzap's Skrappas
many moons ago, I saw a converted beakie bike that looked very much like something out of a Japanese Anime. Well, I decided that since my Speed Freaks Warboss was supposed to be a Big Mek that started his own warband, perhaps his bike should be something a little slicker than the avarage warbike.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, I know that I stink at greenstuff work.

I have a couple of ideas for the paint work (including some graphiti in Kanji), but something doesn't quite feel finished about the model itself. Any suggestions gentlemen?
Ork Technology: The laws of the universe say that it doesn't work... Too bad the Orks never studied law

Orks - 1
Physics - 0

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 342 posts
  • Army Name:Der Speedy Gitz (KoS)
He looks great! I wouldn't have given him a choppa, maybe a huge powa klaw, but that's your decision. You don't actually suck that bad at green stuff. Its a little rough, but that's easy to fix. Its just that it looks way too futuristic. I mean, for a start, fish'ead don't use bikes, and even the cleanest ORK mek wouldn't be able to resist slaping on a few glyphs or metal plates. As you said, its slicker than the average warbike. WAY slicker. Don't get me wrong, if you want a fish'ead looking bike thats way advanced, then its perfect. Steel Fist
Check this out its so funny!

"Actually, in the civilised world, it is spelt dumbarse"- Unknown Author
"Thought of da day: It’z easier to Shoot stuff dead than to chop it dead, but it’z not as fun."- Atomic Top Hat
Some people are like sllnky's. They bring a smile to our face as we push them down a set of stairs.
"If that was my cat i woulda punted it through a window. Actually, i would do that anyway."-Jolly Ork

RIP Jolly.

Special thanks to Mukrot for the avatar!!!!! It's so cool!!!!!!

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas
Waaaagh da Akira-style bikes! Nice use of both fishead and panzee bitz there. :thumbs
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
"Kaaanaaadaaa!!" Indeed, very akira. I dig it, it looks very slick for an ork, but i like it enough to ignore that. The part that isn't working for me is the banner pole. I think it'd look better without it, perhaps the moon could be worked into the chain axe, like the second blade of a double bladed axe. -brad

Captain Destructo

Captain Destructo

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 526 posts
  • Army Name:There isn't one.
I think if you replaced the gunz with the traditional extended-shootas that'd Orkify it up auite a lot without disrupting your sexy anime theme.

I'm with Drabber, the weedy banner pole has to go. A Klaw'd be nice, but hey, he's your boss.

Will you please put the Kanji for kawaii on the front? I'll love you forever if you do - Bazza had to make do with the Kanji for power and death, because I'm weedy like that. :biggrin

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
The converted bike is very well done, but it doesnt look Orky at all, and so the WarBoss looks very out of place sitting on it. I think Orkifing the bike would ruin it, it would be better suited to fish'ead, panzee or Beakies.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
I have been thinking about it. well, I think that a few small ork glyphs or perhaps a few strategicaly placed rivets would add orkyness without disrupting the Anime theme of the piece. I know it may look a little too slick for some, but I see it as a whole bunch of looted parts. I mean, the only ork bits on that bike are the tool bag, the spare pistols, and the rider. The bike itself is a beakie bike. the front and rear bits are from a panzee vyper. the hubcaps are fishhead gun drones. The guns are really old imp guard (I think) las cannons. The only parts that are argueably orky are the large wheels. I am not sure about the banner pole. I am considering keeping it, but making a few changes to it, like turning it into a Samurai style back banner. That would allow it to stay, and bring down the weedyness factor alot. I will probably change out the choppa for a klaw, I just need to find one that I like for him.
Ork Technology: The laws of the universe say that it doesn't work... Too bad the Orks never studied law

Orks - 1
Physics - 0

autowaaagh

autowaaagh

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 73 posts
  • Army Name:Da Howlin Choppaz
I like it overall. The only problem that I see with the banner pole is not that hes got the pole, but that its sportin' da wrong glyph! Yooz got a bad moons pole on a speed freek (evil sunz) nob. Me finks da boyz would be a bit confoosed by dat.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
I gotta say I really like the bike... orky or not and like Drabber said, it looks good enough to ignore the non-orkiness. I think painting on the glyphs and such will tie it to the rider well enough. Also I agree with changing the pole out for a samurai back-flag. That's just so twisted it works. The one thing I might note though is that the pistols on the back are set for cross-draw... not a likelihood on a bike. If you flip them around they'll be set to straight draw so the boss just has to reach back, pull up and start firin'. :dakka Unfortunately you'll have to GS over the mounting hole when you flip them over. :scowl
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Very, very nice. I dont mind about the sleekness, what stops a speed freek warboss having the bestest ride? :thumbs In my case the only thing i dont like is the pack at the back wich just looks like its sitting there. :cheers
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Warboss Thrugg

Warboss Thrugg

Loota Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,243 posts
  • Army Name:Thrugg's Thugs
Only a Speed Freek boss would be able to get away with this. Any other ork, I'd say too sleek. Parts list, please.
"I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And racoons. On fire."
- Richard, Looking for Group

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

I like it overall. The only problem that I see with the banner pole is not that hes got the pole, but that its sportin' da wrong glyph! Yooz got a bad moons pole on a speed freek (evil sunz) nob. Me finks da boyz would be a bit confoosed by dat.

Actualy, According to their army list in Codex Armageddon, Speed Freaks can be of any clan (but Evil Sunz are just the most common). What can I say, I have pretty much always played/painted my boyz as Bad Moons, so while I may be rolling around the battlefield at insane speed, Da boyz will always be wearing that hiddious yellow that I love so much.

I gotta say I really like the bike... orky or not and like Drabber said, it looks good enough to ignore the non-orkiness. I think painting on the glyphs and such will tie it to the rider well enough. Also I agree with changing the pole out for a samurai back-flag. That's just so twisted it works.

The one thing I might note though is that the pistols on the back are set for cross-draw... not a likelihood on a bike. If you flip them around they'll be set to straight draw so the boss just has to reach back, pull up and start firin'. :dakka Unfortunately you'll have to GS over the mounting hole when you flip them over. :scowl

Actualy, in this case the spare pistols are set for a twist-draw rather than a cross-draw. If you tried to use a straight draw from on the bike , you have to really lean around alot to pull the gun, or you lock up your shoulder and the gun is going nowhere. A twist-draw involves reaching back for the holsters with your palms facing out from your body instead of in towards it. This gives you enough pivot at the wrist and elbow to pull the weapons without a heck of alot of upper body motion.

Thank you all for your input. I like alot of the suggestions I have gotten so far, and I think it will all go towards making for a more interesting centerpiece for Da Skrappas.

Orks - 1
Physics - 0

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
i like it, but when you find a good klaw, make it a tad rounded and slick to match the bike. and this is so looted for my fish'ead city (i'm planing on making a fish'ead cityscape complete with converted earth caste, water caste, and maybe some civilian vehicles) and the banna pole has to go, or be samuraied up like you said
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
O.K. I have made a few changes to Gragzzzap here...

I have added the back banner, changed out the head and choppa for the new Ork Kommando Nob's head and klaw (what can I say, I like the addition of the goggles and cigar for a speedfreak. I don't know why, I just do).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am undecided as to what exactly I am going to put on the banner at this point... Though I am considering a mix of orkish glyphs and kanji.

Orks - 1
Physics - 0

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Nice! That head has gotten real popular, real quick. I guess it just works well in a lot of situations. This is definitely one of them. Good thing combining the Bad Moonz pole and Samurai back flag. I thought you would scrap the Moonz pole, but it's a good thing you didn't (good for the whole Ork-Samurai fusion thing). And thanks for the clarification on the position of the pistols. I hadn't thought of that (Duh!). Are you gonna spiffy up the base? This guy really demands a base to match the theme of the bike... can't think what that'd be off-hand, but I'm sure you can come up with something.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Are you gonna spiffy up the base? This guy really demands a base to match the theme of the bike... can't think what that'd be off-hand, but I'm sure you can come up with something.

Ya know, I hadn't given the base a lot of thought... I could use suggestions on it. Any suggestions from da uvver mek boyz out there would be really appreciated.

Orks - 1
Physics - 0

RagnaRockNRoller

RagnaRockNRoller

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 55 posts
Thats an awesome bike, and I think it fits a Bad Moon very well. Honestly I wouldn't do anything in the way of adding glyphs, cept in the painting process. I think it just needs a dirtied up paint job with lotsa graphiti to make it orky. As for a base, I'd do a street theme complete with garbage on the side of the road.

EddBanga

EddBanga

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 185 posts
  • Army Name:Orksteins Waaagh.
Real cool bike stretching that Orkystylee envelope. :love I know you've added a Klaw... but what about a fancy/Orky Katana? Just a thought, your ride is cooel whatever way.
Orks Orks Orks Orks

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 342 posts
  • Army Name:Der Speedy Gitz (KoS)
Yeah a katanna would look cool. Another note that I might add: Im not sure the Kommando head that virtuallly everyone recognises is a good head. The first one is larger and at a better proportion. And if you're gonna have him reaching out with his klaw, then the sense of "Hey, he looks like you've just pressed the pause button on a movie!!" has been destroyed.
Check this out its so funny!

"Actually, in the civilised world, it is spelt dumbarse"- Unknown Author
"Thought of da day: It’z easier to Shoot stuff dead than to chop it dead, but it’z not as fun."- Atomic Top Hat
Some people are like sllnky's. They bring a smile to our face as we push them down a set of stairs.
"If that was my cat i woulda punted it through a window. Actually, i would do that anyway."-Jolly Ork

RIP Jolly.

Special thanks to Mukrot for the avatar!!!!! It's so cool!!!!!!

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts

Real cool bike stretching that Orkystylee envelope. :love
I know you've added a Klaw... but what about a fancy/Orky Katana?
Just a thought, your ride is cooel whatever way.

I like the idea of adding a katana... heck, I'd be willing to add the full diasho set if I knew which bits to use.

Orks - 1
Physics - 0