Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Armored Krumpany 2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
It is really great to see them all at once. Those are some really nice builds, but I've said that before. I like where you're going with the geometric camo scheme, but the choice of color is throwing me. Are you dead set on the red, green, black combo? I feel like the red and green are fighting too much. Personally I think it'd look better with a red, gray, black, or a green, blue, black. Then again after some weathering and a bit of rust I might come to like the christmas color scheme. -brad

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
I'm beginning to feel that the red is a miss. I want some red there but I might relegate it to the glyphs and dags. Green, blue, black is a better choice me-thinks. I think I try and finish the X-mas warrior just to see, but change the rest. Thanks, please keep up the idea fire. As a footnote, I'll try to take some very detailed and scaled pictures of the gutrippa for reference to other builders, since that seems to be the favorite.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
That group shot is great. You realy do the ole skool stuff justice! GW should take a good long look at them and rethink thier concept of Orkz. I for one would be happy to see them give thier present range a more ole skool style. Keep us posted.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
That's one impressively built armoured krumpany you've got there, job very well done :cheers I'm with the others on the camo scheme though... is there a fluff reason it's like that?

justFIGHT

justFIGHT

Lobotomy

• Freebooterz
  • 764 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh!!! Kubz
you got insane skillz man. the is really something. the mek must have been workin hard to produce this excellent quality :thumbs about the colour scheme, looks a bit weird. but i cant really judge now because it isnt finished. weathering and highlights would make it look better. i will wait. :cheers
da only proppa ork iz n egyptian un!!! ;) WAAAGH!!! fo'evaaa!!! thanks to mukrot for dis dead ard avatar!!!
QUOTE(frankye @ Apr 1 2006, 01:36 PM) View Post
cannibal, in all seriousness: repeat 20 times the word "fish'ead" and think of them, now think of the first fish that comes into your mind. is not a goldfish? Or something weedier?
QUOTE(Jolly_ork @ Sep 15 2006, 05:31 PM) View Post
And ive told you redtoof, i no longer recognise cricket as a sport. So humph.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
I forgot to add.. I do have one gripe with your vehicles, and that it the lack of driverz/gunnaz/kommandaz. I find a nicely converted boy or too realy addz to the overall look. ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
Krooza you are absolutely right. Everything I have built has come from my small bitz box and I indend to add the boys and riggers later. All the veteran tanks have a boy driving in the hatch and all the standard tanks are buttoned up. Furthermore, I need to sell some before I can put an order to get the grots as I limit myself by requiring my builds to self fund each other.

Blackbone

Blackbone

'Ard Boy

• Blood Axez
  • 840 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axes
I ninth the opinion that these are amazing Orky vehicles. Don't give up on the red (on the geometric camo) yet; I think with some nasty ink washes and weathering it would be a great complement to the other colors. A super easy but not exactly eye-catching geometric might be blue, black and light grey. An easy green might be Catachan (up to Camo) with Snakebite (up to Yellow). I have used this unusual combo and with a dirty enough yellow it looks great. Have you used Tamiya spray paints? They have a lot of colors and they come in lsmall, affordable cans. Keep up the GREAT work. Blackbone
Do you ever do something and think, “that’s so Raven.”

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
Small update:
Finished detailing:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Improved paint design:
Posted ImagePosted Image
Next addition:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Tinners

Tinners

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 362 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Korp uv Krump
Your stuff is far better than mine, any chance I could get a shot of the back of the gutrippa's turret?

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Yay, MTD's back with pretty pictures! That checkered armor has got to be the coolest thing I've ever seen on a tank. Dare I ask how many hours are sunk into it's creation?
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
Actually I don't think it would take that long if you bought the plasticard that is already scored into squares meant for sidewalks. You can get it in a wide range of sizes. I bought a lot of them to use as glyph-plates for when I make my tanks and to use as flag-stones for some fantasy bases. I have alread found a ton of uses for those sheets. MTD just gave me another with that checkered armor!
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
C-Bob is right on. The checkered armor is made with the medium tile plate. It is very easy to break with your hands and is a real time saver. I tried the armor as a time saver and it was really fast to do and easy as well.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh

I tried the armor as a time saver and it was really fast to do and easy as well.

...and dead sexy. That is well-looted. Thanks! But you guys shouldn't have dispelled my illusion that that armor took days of work. ;)
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.