Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Armored Krumpany 2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
  • Army Name:Black Dags and the Red Blitz
I have a few additions to my Armored Krumpany. I was not happy with the Gobsmashas and wanted something more interesting. As usual all the pieces are magnetic and provide articulation.

Gutrippa leman russ:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Bonecruncha veteran exterminator with three heavybolters and a stubber. I didn’t want to radically alter the design, hence the quad guns on the turret. I have about 200 spent casings to add to the side to show the prodigious amount of fire that comes off this thing.14 dice off the front with 2 rerolls at BS 3!:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The original stompa was too big and this fellow is much better in scale, counts as a demolisher. The slots on the front sides are the sponsons:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image http://img223.images...01023iq4.th.jpg http://img419.images...01024fg1.th.jpg

If you are new to this army, do a search for armored krumpany by MTD for more salty flavor.
http://mekaniacmachi...s.blogspot.com/

I'm a Nutter. I do commission work. PM me.

Tin 'ead J

Tin 'ead J

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
  • Army Name:Necron Phalanx
Now that's a nice looking roller. You said 2 rerolls at BS3? I thought rerolls were made only once? Tin 'ead J

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
Twin autocannons at BS 4 needing 3's, two shots rerolling misses. Oops. Note the EIN pattern claws on the Gutrippa.
Save you some time http://www.the-waaag...rmored krumpany

Tin 'ead J

Tin 'ead J

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
  • Army Name:Necron Phalanx
Ahh gotcha :thumbs That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me Tin 'ead J

Tinners

Tinners

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 362 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Korp uv Krump
The claws on the Gutrippa are excellents. The gun on the stompa is class aswell. I'm gonna loot your ideas now... :P

Da Goff Rokker

Da Goff Rokker

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 261 posts
  • Army Name:Da League of Ekstraurdinary Orks
Well, once again, MTD, fantastic work on those vehicles! They definitively have that 2nd edition feeling, and you plasticard skills are fantastic! Those "Ein Pattern" klaws are extremely well done, and being able to move them with the magnets is a truly brilliant idea! The Bonecruncha is very well done too, same with the Stompa... But I´ve to admit that upon seeing his pics at first glance with that red round piece on his head and the whiteness of the plasticard the first thing that came into my mind is that someone modeled a Santa Claus Gargant... :biggrin My only niptick is with the Stompa Hamma, the hand seems to be in an odd angle, but this could be the photo... Again, awesome work! :thumbs Cheers! :cheers Da Goff Rokker

TeefKrakka

TeefKrakka

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Deathskullz
  • 525 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Trakkz
Awesome work!I really like the second edition style vehicles they have much more style.I think the best thing about the Gobsmasha is the arms/klaws.Those are just great and i like how you magnetized them so they can move.The best thing about the Bonecruncha is the quad guns,i guess i am a fan of the more the better.The only nit pic i can say about these two is perhaps you could add a glyph or two on each of them.Your stompa is great also,but i think the hamma might need to be thicker and have some bands around the head of it.Great work and hope to see painted soon.

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Those are just :bleep Awesome :thumbs Sorry nothing more constructive to say :blush I love the use of the pencil things as ammo shell :biggrin Will have to loot my daughter schoolbag :lol

Arch-Arsonist

Arch-Arsonist

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
Very, very cool, even cooler than your previous work (and thats saying a lot :thumbs )... You've inspired me to have a go at some ork tanks myself; if they turn out just half as good as yours, I'll be very contend..

Skarnuckle

Skarnuckle

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
Wow! When I first saw them I thought they were epic scale. Then I realized you are just talented. Too talented. You must die!. Of all your creations, I like the gutrippa the best. When I made my first battlewagon back in the day, I thought of a gutrippa. But it sucked. I love this model. Think you could put an ork next to it for scale. Skarnuckle P.S. The others look great too P.S.S. is teh chasis of the gutrippa landraider?
Push dat button, throw dat leva, who da 'ell wants to live fer ever.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
I'm loving it all, the claws on the gut-rippa look great, but you already knew that. The stompa looks like fun, I like the face and the gun hand, I'm not totally sold on the slot sponsons, seems like they could use the barrels of gunz sticking out, Your p-card work is really great but I think it'd really improve your models to add a few more bits, specifically I'm thinking hatches, the bases as hatches do the job, but there are details that you could add to really sell'em, or just add the hatches off a rhino or landraider. Thats the only real nitpick I can come up with, keep up the great work... -brad

warbossGrishnok

warbossGrishnok

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Speeding RedZz
good to see ya back in da garage MTD! loved ya gobsmasha's a while back on these are just absolutely brilliant! all i can say constructive wise is get them painted! jobs a gud un in my eyes!
hmm.......indeed!
thnkz alot for the cool avatar mukrot

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
All I can do is eco wat everyone else has said. Great looking vehiclez :thumbs U must av the best armored krumpany around ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
Thanks for all the kind words. To cover the comments: The hammer hand is a point of articulation and moves like a wrist so some times it is over extended or rotated and looks wierd. Also the hammer head rotates on a magnet so I can flatten it on the ground no matter the angle that it falls—it does need more detail. Right now it is just a film can wrapped in plastic. They could do with some glyphs but I tend to add them as battle honors so that the vehicle gaming history can be added to the model. The chassis is almost the same as the lungbursta and you can find the template in the old first thread. Sorry for leaving out Barry, he must have been off looking for his choppa. The gutrippa is not as big as a landrader. The sponson slots on the stompa still need their magnets as there will be guns sticking out, flamers, and they are as yet unfinished. Again, thank you all for the kind words. :cheers :biggrin

warbossGrishnok

warbossGrishnok

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Speeding RedZz
when your finished i think everybody would like to see the krumpany together if that possible. agian great tanks :love :thumbs
hmm.......indeed!
thnkz alot for the cool avatar mukrot

Greven

Greven

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 438 posts
  • Army Name:Generul Gobgar's DeffSkwadron
yess... mhm.. indeed great vehicles you got there the only thing i can put finger on is that the hammer arm looks way to thin to carry let alone smash stuff with it.. well there is another thing.. i cant see nay orks or riggers anywhere.... that said i must say that they are most some of the best scratchbuilds e've ever seen... sheers
Dere is a new ork god, 'is name is Fork. and 'e brings revelusjonery teknologee
Fork

for any mek there is no clear line between werk and wrek

MTD

MTD

Snapper Jawz

• Boyz
  • 776 posts
Here are the group shots as requested:
Posted Image Posted Image

Also this is for another buggy based KOS army I want to do. There are two basic templates for the mekboy dragsters. I think the large on is too big to be a buggy and the smaller one is going to be the primary.
Posted Image
Now imagine 28 of the suckers rip roaring around.

Last addition is where I ask for help. The Armored Krumpany is based on a bloodaxe group. The camo is supposed to be based on the Berlin brigade UK camo scheme. NOTE: this is very rough and is just a test piece for the basic color theme. There are no details for a reason. Please do comment with ideas for a geometric camo pattern. But if you want to see a jungle type camo, please refrain from posting—not gona do it! Thank in advance. Don’t mind the white spots, it is where the tape lifted off the basecoat.
Posted Image Posted Image

:cheers
Thanks everyone!
:cheers

Glamorous the Git

Glamorous the Git

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 16 posts
what when on in my head when i saw your last post... " oh man look at the party shot, man there all soo good why the hell cant i make things liek this, dude what is that thing on the right? it looks awesome too... oh... thats hes phone." yeah...

Green Grot

Green Grot

squig attack arm

• Grot Rebelz
  • 464 posts
Ohhh...I love that Gutrippa, infact I love it so much you've inspired me to build my own. Don't have anything constructive to say as I can't really see anything wrong with them. Love them, the Gutrippa is probably one of my favorite scratchbuilds I've seen. :thumbs

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
Very nice MTD. You really capture the best of the epic style, and bring it up to date with 4th edition 40k. The modeling is top notch. I'm not too keen on the camo pattern so far, but some softening with weathering and the like might finish it off for me. If it's what you want, finish one off for the effect, as a test (as a suggestion, of course). :cheers
meh.