Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Squiggoth No.1, with paint.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
*edit* ..Moderatly better pictures now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

..I don't think the new camera Liked the black background much. Still not exactly right, but better..

oberst_kramer

oberst_kramer

Kommando

• Bad Moonz
  • 967 posts
  • Army Name:Tuznik Boneshaka' 'Eavystomping Horde
It's still looking ace, and the eyes are superb!
More Krumpin' and less talkin'

Jean-Luc Picard ends with 'Ard!

"There's a difference between bein' Smart boy an' bein' a Smart Git Gimzod"- Kommanda Uzgob, from Deff Skwadron

Waaagh Tuznik's Noo Codex kill tally sofar: W:18 D:3 L:3

Rakka Dakka

Rakka Dakka

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 768 posts
  • Army Name:'ard toofs
are the toe, claw things done :?
theres no greater thing than the WAAAAGGHH!

Mukrut rocks the Avatar world

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
The skin tones look real nice :thumbs
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

frankye

frankye

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 371 posts
  • Army Name:(sing along on beatles sgt. pepper notes) we're gorka-morka motorbreath pub band
the skin is very good, but I'm curious on teeth and metal parts too. How did you paint them? (the rust is really good for example)
Krumpin' brass monkeyuzz fer da greener good

QUOTE(itainteasybeingreen @ Sep 7 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

a great many questions that IMHO should be engraved on the blade of a choppa and applied directly to the bonces of anybody ballsy enough to ask the question.

Big Toofed Fundah

Big Toofed Fundah

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
  • Army Name:I havent really though of one yet... Its on my to do list.
air brushed skin right? the rust looks flicked, but the model looks great, i would fix up the claws and dirty up the feet, the white looks a little strange.
Ded 'Ard Avatar by the one and only Murkot

howie

howie

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 100 posts
  • Army Name:PyRos
looks really good i second the call for how you did the rust, teeth and eyes the teeth and eyes look superb. howie

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
The Skin was done with a rude cheaty airbrush, which I'll happily admit I'm rubbish with, and need loads of extra practice. The pale lines are hand painted between the skin textures. The inside of the mouth is tanned flesh with a darkened red ink/varnish wash, and brown/ lightbrown/bleached bone teef. The armour has been randomly coated with baking powder for a coroded texture before being sprayed black, then haphazardly with dark brown, and finally stippled with vermin brown and orange. I've still a lot to do (no, the toe/claw things are not done), such as the howdah and rokkits. I'm quite pleased with the chunky metal spikes on the armour. The skin isn't really white, more of a bleached bone, but my exellent new camera dosn't seem to understand that.

howie

howie

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 100 posts
  • Army Name:PyRos
consider that there teeth painting style looted howie :thumbs

Ein

Ein

Yellow Paint Job

• Boyz
  • 1,492 posts
  • Army Name:I still don't actually have a name for 'em.
How'd you stick the baking powder down for the corroded texture? That rusted metal is phenomenal and I intend on trying that on my gargant.
Like my work? Check my blog!
http://www.the-warforge.com
Resin-cast bits and bobs for your armies!
WARFORGED MINIATURES

Adventures of a Prehistoric Puppet!
MURRAY THE DINOSAUR

Captain_Vyper

Captain_Vyper

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 308 posts
Friggen fantastic! I absolutely love the skin tone you pulled off on that monster. The mouth and eyes are great as well. I really think you have serious talent from the start to end here man for real. I just cant say enough good things about it.
Ya know, we should sculpt some female Orks. What!? Yeah the customers want em and I think we can sell em besides they have to come from some where. I dont know about that. Well whats your idea? Lets make em come from mushrooms! ........?WTF!?

http://www.pbase.com...vypers_pit/root

TeefKrakka

TeefKrakka

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Deathskullz
  • 525 posts
  • Army Name:Deff Trakkz
This looks fantastic.I would love to see this coming across the battlefield.I also agree the "rusted metal" has got to be the best part of this.I love the steering mechanism.The way you painted the mouth makes it look wet,which is a good thing.Great job.

irongutz

irongutz

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
  • Army Name:CITY SCRAPERS
must avoid jelosy >:

Boss Stompy

Boss Stompy

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 257 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bloo Ransackas
I simply love this squiggoth :thumbs . My favs would have to be the teeth and the corroded look you got on the armor. I would have never thought of using baking powder for corrosion spots. I just might have to loot this idea the next time I have to rust something up.
Visit my blog - The Forge of Mars

Nibbles

Nibbles

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 145 posts
That is simply awesome. I especially love the rusted metals. Did you glue the baking powder on, or did you just throw it on and hoped that it would stick? Lovely work through and through. Two thumbs up. :thumbs :thumbs He's almost as cute as Turbo... :biggrin
Got Waaagh?

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef
Please walk us through how you did the metal! I want to loot that paintjob SOOO badly. Oh, and the paint job lives up to the sculpting. Higher praise I cannot give you.
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

deathskullork

deathskullork

Loota Extraordinaire

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Deathskullz
Jaw droppingly good, why are you not employed by GW.
check out my stuff at www.freewebs.com/deathskullork

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Okay, to stick baking powder on, I sponged on white glue in the areas I wanted rusty, smothered said areas in baking powder (which will react slightly with the white glue/PVA/Elmers, becoming more rough..), tapped off the excess and, after drying, gave it a really good shot of undercoat to help it stick.

more picys... (still bad colour...I love my new camera...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

o!!!

o!!!

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:red claw
make some skarz and battle damage :thumbs more blood,blood,blood :/ good work!!! :thumbs :thumbs
orks , orks ,orks!!!

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Oops. it's not supposed to be blood. it's supposed to be chipped red paint. Ah, my camera is SO good..