Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathcopta Meks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
Well I've decided to put a 400 KoS list together and it's going to include a pair of lone mek coptas, here's the first, went through several failed designs and finally settled on this one (got part way through one of the others before I scrapped it :( )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So is there anything you think I missed? Any little details?

C&C as always are welcome :thumbs
View some of my Waaagh here...

I Must learn to stop arguing with idiots, they drag me down to their level and kill my brain with experience... Seriously... I can feel it dribbling out of my ears....

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
You could add a small rota kopta blade to the back end of the craft. Just to give it that Flyin' feel. but its great other than that. Very 'Terminator' style. :cheers Shade
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

Gashbad

Gashbad

Stompa Warz Champeen

• Freebooterz
  • 2,510 posts
  • Army Name:Gashbad's Loudboyz
Needs to be a lil more dinged up. Its lookin' a bit too high-tech to be orky right now. In short, I have nothing better to say ;) (yes I do know that gets censored, I just thought it'd be funny) However maybe you're going for a more 2nd edition style with your army. If that's the case then feel free yell "BOO!" and lob a squig in my general direction
This user has been given a total of four (4) 'free" rants as sporeday gifts from the members of this site.
Some conditions apply, check coupon for details

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
Thanks for the comments guys. "BOOOOOOO!" at Gashbad *lobs a squig*. Well that's not quite right, I tend to go for neater vehicles and things (check my photobucket, link below) the excuse I use is Forge World Orks... Can you throw the squig back please, he had the oil can :biggrin

I Must learn to stop arguing with idiots, they drag me down to their level and kill my brain with experience... Seriously... I can feel it dribbling out of my ears....

orkdom

orkdom

Kommando

• Deathskullz
  • 1,018 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz
this is definitely one situation where a "needz morr rivutziz" response ain't spammin'. ;) fish'ead bits look a bit too high tech, even for "Forge World Orks". :P I completely agree with Gashbad, it needs more 'dingin' up!' :/

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

dakilla

dakilla

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 135 posts
  • Army Name:Snakebites
it does look like it I can't think of anything to say and on top of that I can't even spell!, but it looks great
Remember kids drink Orca Cola

starwoof

starwoof

Suction Foot

• Goffz
  • 593 posts
  • Army Name:None
:lol When I saw that second pic, the first thing I thought was "Arnold Schwartzeneggar". I agree with everyone else, needs battle damage. And I have nothing better to say.. :P
QUOTE (squiggoth @ Aug 28 2006, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Blud Axes Are Really No Gud And Dey Smell 'Orrible, Kind Of Like Goffz But Much Worse

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
Thanks for the comments, here's the rivits... I'll probably bettle damage when I get myself a dremel :thumbs

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anything else I've forgotten?

rebreather

rebreather

'Ard Boy

• Speed Freaks
  • 874 posts
  • Army Name:Kult of Speed
I like him, especially the fish'ead drones at the bottom & the engines. The only thing I feel is missing is a top propeller.

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
Well I made the second Mek Kopter today, anything missed, forgotten, that can be improved?

Here's the two together...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for all the comments, and keep em coming :thumbs

DnE

DnE

'Ead Graft

• Freebooterz
  • 726 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmak and his Haute Monde Lads
I really really like em :thumbs Nice work with the housing of everything :thumbs I may need to loot these ideas for later ;)

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,845 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas
Those turbines are looking pretty interesting. How did you make them so neatly? The pilots are looking a little exposed, and also not entirely in control of the vehicle. They sort of need a cockpit, don't you think? Or at least some levers and pedals. Also, there's lots of additional room in the copters around the drivers, which you can fill with ammo and such. Altogether, not too shabby!
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
@ghaleon88

Cockpit :lol it's a flying bike :biggrin

I see what you mean about the controls though, that's why I put a small array of a display and a couple of buttons on the second, not enough space on the first :P

Will see what I can do for light stowage around the drivers, but there's not much space on the second for that instead :biggrin

@DnE

Feel free to loot, only one condition... I want to see pics here :cheers

@Everyone

Keep the C&C coming :thumbs

Also a MSpaint Turbine 101, because I don't think I'll be building any more in the next couple of weeks (though small turbines for stormboyz'd be nice...)

The first thing for turbines, you need a disc to base the components on inside your tube, needs to be a snug fit or you'll have to wad it later which'll be awkward, second thing is a hub for the blades to "house in" and then there's the blades themselves.

Posted Image

Stage 1, attach your hub in the centre of your disc and glue down your blades upright around the hub, like so...

Posted Image

Stage 2, whilst the glue is still wet, (that bit's important ;) ) push the turbine blades down, don't try to do it all at once, do it gradually, then you end up with this...

Posted Image

Stage 3, let the glue dry now, and the blades will be at the right angles, however becaause the blades are rectangular (too much effort to calculate the exact dimensions due to angles of slant etc not to mention cutting the irregular shapes...) what you do now is get your clippers and blade by blade trim them to fit inside the tube, so you will end up like this...

Posted Image

All you need to do now is fit it inside your tube and make exhausts (several smaller tubes go in the other end after) and voila, a turbine.

warbossGrishnok

warbossGrishnok

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Speeding RedZz
dunno if this is a bit late but i'd stick a spoiler type thing on the back... like a wing! just a thought neways!
hmm.......indeed!
thnkz alot for the cool avatar mukrot

DaSquigBrain

DaSquigBrain

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 543 posts
  • Army Name:Waa-Nemork, Waa-Yark, Waa-Yellowsquig
Hmmm...maybe a rudder on the back of each of the engine pods?
Da SquigBrain's Orks an' Stuff
--------------------