Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

KroozA'z Scratch Built Squiggoth

* * * * - 9 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
I'm liking it, krooza. But you have to do the skateboard for it, to make it fast.

That

would

be

so

kickin'!

:cheers
meh.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Looks pretty good, Krooza. A model like this needs a lot of skin texturing - I hope you're up for that. It's not really my idea of a Squiggoth though. It looks more like one of Mousemuffins' big Squigs; possibly that's what inspired you?
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Jolly_ork

Jolly_ork

Stormboy

• Blood Axez
  • 1,351 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Hog's Hoggers
I like the big squig look meself. I my interpretation of the fluff is that squigs just get bigger and bigger the more they eat. They dont grow more legs. So sized up 2 legged suig makes sense to me. I love where its going sofar, cant wait to see more. :thumbs
Bringin' the SmartAss to you since '89

Bozo

Bozo

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 606 posts
awesome work so far, but i still really think it would be totally awesoem to have a squiggoth on turbo skates.

look i even drew it:

Posted Image
and with a howda...
Posted Image
i know you prolly won't do it, but still...

I just love the thought of a squiggoth effortlessely gliding across the ground scooping up terrified 'umies into its mouth.... :love

:cheers
I am the Whistler, and I know many things for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, many secrets of men and women who have stepped into the shadows, yes I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak. -PM me if you know what this is from

The Best Khorne Forum Ever

Talk in Plain English

Socaddict

Socaddict

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 583 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH - Grimbad
luverly promising start. My nearby model shop sells milliput for £1.99 a pop. Want me to get some and send it to you, might be cheaper in the end.

deathskullork

deathskullork

Loota Extraordinaire

• Boyz
  • 256 posts
  • Army Name:Deathskullz
glad to hear your giving it texture cuz it really is a pain in the arse to paint big flat surfaces as im sure you know. How easy was it to get the milliput on the foil? cheers.
check out my stuff at www.freewebs.com/deathskullork

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Veru easy. Once Ive got the foil into shape and taped it up nice n tight I simply take a small ball of putty, press it flat so its about 3mm thick, lay it on the foil and work in into place. Repeat till the foil is covered in an even layer of putty... alow to harden,, n then refine the shape with more putty.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

BroadPaunch 'Ardgit

BroadPaunch 'Ardgit

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 89 posts
  • Army Name:BroadPaunch & Da Dakka Ladz

Well Ive gota get some more putty tomorrow. But Ill keep that offer in mind for thr future, cheerz.
No skatez or wheelz for this beast, he can move quick anuf under his own steam.
Yes this squiggoth is much inspired my mousemuffin's work, which I stated in the 'KOS Squig?' thread I posted a fw days ago ;) I will me added tons of scales to make up the skin texture, a big job, but worth it.
Armor will be much like the FW G-Squiggoth's armor.
I dont want to add a huge armoured top section for the boyz as this will ruin its speedy look. But I will add a smaller version that can house a driver, KMB n Gunna, and two TLBS n Gunnaz. Add that to the Squig'z own weapons 'chumpy gob, klawz and spiked tail' and it all adds up to a pretty impressive beast, with speed n agility :thumbs
The model is nearly 9" long, so its a bit bigger than I planned.

How are you planning on the mountings for the Orks? I was taken with the idea of a giant saddle holding a coopla on either side, one with the driva and the other with one of the weapons. Maybe a double coopla on one side for a gunner? Just a thought. Please keep up the good work! :thumbs
BroadPaunch 'Ardgit
"Long in toof, large in belly! Hur Hur Hur!"

OG Gleep

OG Gleep

Periscope

• Speed Freaks
  • 792 posts
  • Army Name:Da Rolling 60's
Gotta ask, what gave you the idea to use Tin Foil as the base?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts

Gotta ask, what gave you the idea to use Tin Foil as the base?

Alternative body build is to get a big chunk of aluminium foil (extra i added for you
Brits), wad it to shape, and cover it with Sculpey. Texturing sculpey is woohoo easy. Bake
it. Add more details, like armor plates, nose rings, etc, etc. Fire it again. Etc, etc. Sculpey
is dirt cheap too.

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Ein

Ein

Yellow Paint Job

• Boyz
  • 1,492 posts
  • Army Name:I still don't actually have a name for 'em.
I was honestly under the impression the purpose of building on tin foil was for using clay that needed to be baked in an oven - it would transmit the heat evenly to the interior and make sure it was cooked all the way through without cracking due to irregular hardening. In any event, that's shaping up nicely.
Like my work? Check my blog!
http://www.the-warforge.com
Resin-cast bits and bobs for your armies!
WARFORGED MINIATURES

Adventures of a Prehistoric Puppet!
MURRAY THE DINOSAUR

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas
It probably is: Mad Grot suggests using sculpey, an oven-hardening clay. Krooza just took it one step further, I guess because Aluminum is cheap, lightweight, and easy to work with.
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Yerh it very cheap. It would have taken at least 5 packs of milliput to do the job the foil has done. 5 packs of putty at £3.50 each... or 3 rollz for foil at 32p each.... the choice is urz ;) Its also very easy to work with :thumbs
Nuf Said.

chemicalcaveman

chemicalcaveman

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 116 posts
It just goes to show uz boyz that great models don't have to be mad expensive to make. Keep up the good work Krooza, I might just invest in a couple of cheap rolls of tin foil during the weekend. Could you tell me what brand of milliput you use?
"Is all we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?"

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
I use the standard grade for this sorta thing. For fine sculpture the 'fine white' grade is better. Ive finished the basic shape now so erez a few pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• Squig2a.JPG

Nuf Said.

warboss grimlok

warboss grimlok

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 32 posts
dude, i must say dat is one of the best custom squiggoths i hav ever seen, ive gotta make me one of those :thumbs :D :thumbs

Arcuballis

Arcuballis

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
  • Army Name:Hot Leads
Superb work so far (as always), Kr00za! :thumbs

That big gaping maw just begs for a fat tongue dragging behind as it was running really fast and panting, or like those dogs that stick they heads out of a running car window and get theis tongues flapping out in the wind, like this: :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Posted Image

Cheers! :cheers

Da Goff Rokker

justFIGHT

justFIGHT

Lobotomy

• Freebooterz
  • 764 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh!!! Kubz
:eek WAAAGH!!! that is awesome Kr00zA! i really love the pose, very dynamic and alive! the tongue idea is quite cool, so maybe you give it a try. are you gonna give it a nose or leave it like that? it looks cool as is, but i am wondering how it will look like with a the orky like nose and a ring :thumbs hot hot hot!
da only proppa ork iz n egyptian un!!! ;) WAAAGH!!! fo'evaaa!!! thanks to mukrot for dis dead ard avatar!!!
QUOTE(frankye @ Apr 1 2006, 01:36 PM) View Post
cannibal, in all seriousness: repeat 20 times the word "fish'ead" and think of them, now think of the first fish that comes into your mind. is not a goldfish? Or something weedier?
QUOTE(Jolly_ork @ Sep 15 2006, 05:31 PM) View Post
And ive told you redtoof, i no longer recognise cricket as a sport. So humph.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Yes, indeed, you weren't exagerating when you said you could sculpt, Krooza. Very nice even at this early stage. Gotta ask, am I crazy or does he have an extra toe on one foot in one of the pictures?
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,752 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
DOH! I just looked at it again... in the leftmost picture in the bottom row, his "elbow" looks like it's part of his foot. Sorry, man, it's just my lamo monitor fading out shadows. Cheers.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.