Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

KroozA'z Scratch Built Squiggoth

* * * * - 9 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
276 replies to this topic

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
To be honest I much prefer the open top to the armoured top... and like even less the turret top... but the setups are optional and it uses up more of the Russ ;) Not sure what Ill be doing with it once its finished.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

jACE

jACE

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 226 posts
If this would be a seller (which, I think, would be very very unlikely) I would definitely be the buyer! Mr. Krooza, keep croozin cause this is pure Ork delight! A fantastic idea and a mega creation! :cheers EAT THIS GW!!!

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
I like both the turreted and the open-topped configurations. More options are always better and bymagntizing the turret it opens the possibility for creating other turrets with different weapon set-ups. It does look tall, but I don't think that is a bad thing for the squiggoths which in epic used to have tall howdahs brimming with guns. I am looking forward to seeing how you detail this.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
I realize you have been done with the skirts for some time, but I am wondering if you shouldn't revisit it. It may look a little more "worky" if you had kind of a free swinging hinge of sorts. Like in this picture, the skirt hangs via a hinge.
Nice work, great to see this thing lunging forward again.
Posted Image
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade
From what I can tell the skirts are hinged since they are connected by lengths of cut plastic rod.
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Quite right. The plates are hinged, though Ive not completed the detailz yet.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
This is a good observation, are you planning details for the hinges, or more leaving them as is? *K, so apparently I need to make myself even more clear on this thing "Will you please let us know what ideas you are brainstorming, as I still think that the hinges need more development"
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

Zsoulless

Zsoulless

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 884 posts

Quite right. The plates are hinged, though Ive not completed the detailz yet.

:P
(edited to remove a portion of the sarcasm.. about a tablespoon full...)
Im interested in how your planning on detailing the hinges aswell..

Boss Makk

Boss Makk

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Makk's Goff Boyz

Well, usually I hate being wrong, I mean I mean REALLY hate it, but with this I'm so glad I was.

This is freaking sweet :thumbs.

I do have to ask though is this a keeper or a seller?

If you could somehow cast this, I can think of a few here on the boards willing to shell out to add to their.... Waaagh!

(heck, even just the squig himself minus the Howdah)

deamoncow

deamoncow

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,031 posts
  • Army Name:Da Gear Boyz
I like it, but the two spikes on his forehead are bugging me, as when he thrashed and charged about he would bacng his head into the spikes of the howda, rocking the howda even more, and making it want to throw such an uncomfortable rider.
WAAAGH DA GEAR BOYZ!
Warboss~Gregza Un Bonzif da Stompy
Big Mek~Big Mek Dogbreff

If there is an Ork Stompa released by GW anytime this year I will eat my own genitalz winkingOrk.gif
~Kr00za

I'm holding you to this Kr00za, you better do it. Pics or medical forms as proof

HAMPSTER SQUADRON my webcomic! http://hamsquadcomic.googlepages.com/

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts

This is a good observation, are you planning details for the hinges, or more leaving them as is?

*K, so apparently I need to make myself even more clear on this thing

"Will you please let us know what ideas you are brainstorming, as I still think that the hinges need more development"

Hinges will basicly have the same sort of linkages as in that Stompa pic.
Im guessing youve noticed that the solid rods Ive placed between the plates restrict thier movement, being hinged like a door they can only move back n forth, not side to side.
Ive attched them in this way for strength. On the underside there are strips of 0.5mm plasticard adding further strength.
Once Ive added loops to these hinged areas it wont be so noticable. In any case, due to thier positioning and the genaral movemnt of the Squiggoth's legs it realy isnt that much of an issue.

I like it, but the two spikes on his forehead are bugging me, as when he thrashed and charged about he would bacng his head into the spikes of the howda, rocking the howda even more, and making it want to throw such an uncomfortable rider.

Good point. Ill correct that. ;)
Nuf Said.

swampy

swampy

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 695 posts
  • Army Name:ash wastes arsonists
hi, i wouldn't change the spikes i say leave the spikes it whether it would would work in real life doesn't matter surely the most important thing is it looks cool :thumbs
"I Luv da smell uv prome-ee-fee-um in da mornin'!"

waaagh99

waaagh99

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:orks
it looks cool

waaagh99

waaagh99

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:orks
relly cool

Ug Thok

Ug Thok

Flash Git

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,040 posts
  • Army Name:Da Zoggin Zoggers
Hey waaagh99, Welcome to The Waaagh!

Just so ya know, what you have done here is called threadnomancy. Threads come and go pretty fast here at The Waaagh, so if the thread is more than a couple weeks old please don't reply. Let it alone, or pm the thread starter with your comments.

Your comments, while nice, weren't very constructive either. Constructive critisism is the basis for the Mek's Garage. Before making any more posts, I just want to suggest you check out some of the threads here, most importantly Da Bosses Rulez. Thanks!
Easy Waaaghers
MEGA Armored Warboss TOEGNASHER
Da DurDregga

Behind Brother-Captain Bob, a great rift opened from the void, and space elves hopped out with cookies. In their time of greatest peril, Craftworld Keebler came to the Mon Keigh. Unfortunately for both, this would be no ordinary bake sale.

Mr.Squid

Mr.Squid

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Krakens Green Tide
DUUUDE!!!! THIS IS OLD!!!! On a side note, kudos to you kr00za, this is an insparaition. BUUUT DUUUUDE!!!! Ah, got myself ninjad by Ug Thok

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,555 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Right... Let dead threads lie in peace... no need for Zombification of old topics... Time to re-seal the tomb... Enough with the dead metaphors to give the hint? Closed due to Threadnomancy...
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/