Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The warning level and you

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,806 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Do to some recent unpleasantness (i.e. the closest thing to a flame war we've had here in quite some time) warning levels have been increased on certain members. Since all of us have these things next to our avatars and probably never give them a second glance, I thought I'd remind you of them and their function. If you dramatically violate the standards of our forum the mods will contact you to correct your behavior. If your behavior does not improve (or if it was particularly obnoxious in the first place) we will up your warning level. Several of our members have managed to get their warning level up to 20% in this manner, but then again everyone has a bad day from time to time. Very few of our members have a warning level of 40% or higher. This is the "repeat offender" category. Repeat offenders either resolve their issues and have their warning level reduced, or they work their way thru the system in the other direction... 60% warning level - rarely seen. Most people figure out how the community works before they receive a 3rd whallop with the warning stick - either they learn to fit in or they move elsewhere (or they're obnoxious enough that the HQ just bans them outright at this point). 80% warning level - only seen a very few times. A person with an 80% warning level is honestly hanging on by their finger-nails. To get an 80% warning level you've been warned off inappropriate behaviors 4 or more times. At 80% there have been serious debates within the HQ whether or not to ban you. At 80% you are one of those people who, if you were anyone else, we'd have banned you already - but for whatever reason there's someone in the HQ willing to give you that 1 more chance. 100% warning level - only seen by the avatars of members who've been banned. 5 strikes and your out - I think most people would agree that's fairly generous? Granted, as mentioned above, some people get banned much earlier in the process (ie. get multiple strikes at once) but we try to be as patient, tolerant and understanding as possible. After all, how often do 9 people all agree on anything? All it takes is one mod to see your point of view/argue your case for you and odds are we'll cut you slack. If all 9 of us think you deserve a warning, then you've earned it. So - for those of you climbing thru the warning ranks (or wondering how we enforce rules here) - this is how we work. If you're at 40% or higher take a moment and think about where you're going and whether or not you value your time here on the Waaagh! Thank you for your time and attention.
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Gashbad

Gashbad

Stompa Warz Champeen

• Freebooterz
  • 2,510 posts
  • Army Name:Gashbad's Loudboyz
And remember, theres always the possibility of public humiliation through an embarassing title or the dreaded panzee luvva group icon ;)
This user has been given a total of four (4) 'free" rants as sporeday gifts from the members of this site.
Some conditions apply, check coupon for details

OG Gleep

OG Gleep

Periscope

• Speed Freaks
  • 792 posts
  • Army Name:Da Rolling 60's
Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I guessed at what it was, but didn't understand the whole system. :cheers to 0% : :D

mr. custom ork

mr. custom ork

he who needs to learn the rules!

• Banned
  • 38 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
mine was increased w00tw00t. that makes me a what, a slugga NOB now. i badderrr dan duh rest uv yews. i get ter be duh nob round ere.
W/T/L
5/1/1

Be good and contribute. If you dont you'll end up like me with this tinker bell icon and this panzee luvas group. Also, your post count will get erased. I smartened up a bit. Warning level is still at 80% though...

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,806 posts

mine was increased w00tw00t. that makes me a what, a slugga NOB now. i badderrr dan duh rest uv yews. i get ter be duh nob round ere.

Errr - no.

Take a moment to re-examine your posts Mr. Custom Ork. Racism, blatant insensitivitiy (avoid discussing Hitler 'til you grow up a bit, mkay?) and the like are not tolerated here. Getting a warning before you even break the 20 post mark is NOT encouraging, and certainly is not a promotion.
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

- Nosher

mr. custom ork

mr. custom ork

• Banned
  • 38 posts
hahaharr duh az alwaayz i's a jokin derr herrherrherr. i ave gotted dem 20 posties see 21 posters now.
W/T/L
5/1/1

Be good and contribute. If you dont you'll end up like me with this tinker bell icon and this panzee luvas group. Also, your post count will get erased. I smartened up a bit. Warning level is still at 80% though...

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts
Stick around.
The original Waaaghbbit.
Please visit my modeling blog

mr. custom ork

mr. custom ork

• Banned
  • 38 posts
i plan too. argh my left arm hurts. i tired of talking all orky. we should make an orky-english translator. like spanish translators. ha that'd be awsome. :thumbs
W/T/L
5/1/1

Ace

Ace

Tankbusta Boy

• Grot Rebelz
  • 410 posts
  • Army Name:Snagdregs ladz
Are you serious? Is he serious? :?

mr. custom ork

mr. custom ork

• Banned
  • 38 posts
SORRY ALL FOR SPAMMING/PROFANING/TALKING MESS. TAKE MY WARNING LVL DOWN PLEASE. I HAVE GOTTEN MY POST COUNT RAISED AND I POSTED LIKE 9 POSTS WITHOUT RECOGNITION.
W/T/L
5/1/1

Ace

Ace

Tankbusta Boy

• Grot Rebelz
  • 410 posts
  • Army Name:Snagdregs ladz
When you type in all capitals, don;t contribute or type with good, eligible grammer, I find it hard to see why they should.

mr. custom ork

mr. custom ork

• Banned
  • 38 posts
dude stop trying to teach me common sense. my god leave me be!

edited to replace profanity with truth
Nosher

W/T/L
5/1/1

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,806 posts

SORRY ALL FOR SPAMMING/PROFANING/TALKING MESS. TAKE MY WARNING LVL DOWN PLEASE. I HAVE GOTTEN MY POST COUNT RAISED AND I POSTED LIKE 9 POSTS WITHOUT RECOGNITION.

OK - Custom Ork - I am going to try this one more time.

Go read the forum rules. The forum mods are NOT preventing your post count from going up - you are - go read the rules and not only will you figure out how this forum works, but you may also find out how to increase your post count.

Your warning level will go down when the time comes that the mods have a conversation something like "Do you remember why X has a warning level? No, he's a productive member, I can't imagine why he got that bumped up. Hmmmm - guess we should reset it back down to 0% then." Until then, the warning stays.

ps - This forum has over 2000 members, so lots of people fit in, but that's not to say it's for everyone. If you find our rules too difficult to live with, if you find us dull and conformist, if we're just not kid-friendly enough for you - feel free to move along to some other forum.

pps - One of the many reasons we don't alow politics, religion, racism (!!!!) and potentially inflamatory discussions here is that our membership comes from all over the world. We have members from every continent on the planet. We probably have members from every religion on the planet. We have members aged from 10 - 70. This is not MySpace, this is not a close group of friends from the same school, we are people from every walk of life from across the planet who get together here because of a common interest in ORKS. Keep that in mind or go elsewhere.

- Nosher

frankye

frankye

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 371 posts
  • Army Name:(sing along on beatles sgt. pepper notes) we're gorka-morka motorbreath pub band
nosher, a question: what about sports? With the world cup on I guess we'll be exchanging jibes and jokes on the respective teams / nations / other national sports that are definitely too weedy to be played by grown adults in the eyes of the poster. So far we've stayed on the very good natured side of it, and I hope we stay that way... but... I mean, calling the other team names is part of being a fan :) edit: fixed spelling
Krumpin' brass monkeyuzz fer da greener good

QUOTE(itainteasybeingreen @ Sep 7 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

a great many questions that IMHO should be engraved on the blade of a choppa and applied directly to the bonces of anybody ballsy enough to ask the question.

Tonzateef

Tonzateef

Dah Black Market Boss

• Nobz
  • 4,628 posts
  • Army Name:Dah Sininst'r Blue Moon Tribe of dah Bad Moon Clan.
Custom Ork... this will be two times I've had to say something to you today. The first time was private, this time will not...nor will it be as professional. :sowhat Pull your head out of your ass and start thinking before you decide to push your grubby little fingers on the keyboard. :scowl In the short time you have been here, I have seen more blatant disregard for common courtesy come out of your posts then...possibly the 3 years I have been a member of this site. It truly baffles me how you seem to think that anything you say has a positive effect on any one of the topics you have posted to. In regards to all this... I , ol' Powerklaw toting Tonza, am personally adding 20% to your warning bar. In addition, I've made the personal recommedation to have you booted from this board. :yes Now...before you apply those fingers to that keyboard again, take note of this. I do not want to hear a single thing from you in regards to this matter. Not an apology, not a comment back, nothing...the only thing that can save you now, is that you suddenly wake up and start contributing to this board in a meaning full manner. Anything less then that...*shakes his PK* -Tonzateef
The Waaagh FAQ - READ IT!

Come on down to ol' Warlord Thrunzdar Tonzateef's Used Weaponz and Vehicles Em-pore-E-ummm. We got low low prices on all Kustom Mega Blastas, Big Shootas, Rokkits, and Powerklaws. And don't forget, if you don't take advantage of Tonza's low prices...Tonza will take advantage of you.

-Tonzateef

Black-Tooth

Black-Tooth

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 416 posts
  • Army Name:Black-Tooth Grin Clan
I have to give it to you mods! :cheers You're alot more tolerant than I would ever be. :choppa
Black-Tooth Grin

mr. custom ork

mr. custom ork

• Banned
  • 38 posts
i have a 60% warn lvl! dudes come on!
W/T/L
5/1/1

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,146 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
-sigh- Some days it's just too easy...
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,065 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz
This is so foolish it's funny.

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

mr. custom ork

mr. custom ork

• Banned
  • 38 posts

This is so foolish it's funny. I do believe deductive reasoning and rationale may be lost on this poor lad.

i understand i am the poor lad, but explain the rest of your post please.
W/T/L
5/1/1