Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mega-Mek Gog-'ead

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
Since Mekbosses can't have mega armour, technically I feild this guy as a WB, but for all intents and purposes he's the biggest mek in my army, He's had his bonce made to look like his gargant, making himself quite litterally the godhead of the waaagh, at least in his own mind, most definitely his is the biggest ego in the army.

his paint job is very close to done, but I'd love to know how I can improve on it...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To accompany Gog-'ead I started two ammo runt/grot oilers which are also wearing a sort of mega armor, made in the images of my stompas...

Posted Image

although I suspect theirs is purely aesthetic, to imitate the boss's, since no right thinking mek would waste his time equipping a grot so well.

Posted Image

comments and especially crit appreciated...

-brad

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Steel Fist Mek Guy

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 342 posts
  • Army Name:Der Speedy Gitz (KoS)
Holy Gork! Nice Mek! Love the I-am-completly-machine look, never thought it could work before this! How did you make those Runtz? They're so small yet detailed better than most Ork machnes I've seen! And is that a kustom-made powa klaw? Nice work, keep it up. Steel Fist
Check this out its so funny!

"Actually, in the civilised world, it is spelt dumbarse"- Unknown Author
"Thought of da day: It’z easier to Shoot stuff dead than to chop it dead, but it’z not as fun."- Atomic Top Hat
Some people are like sllnky's. They bring a smile to our face as we push them down a set of stairs.
"If that was my cat i woulda punted it through a window. Actually, i would do that anyway."-Jolly Ork

RIP Jolly.

Special thanks to Mukrot for the avatar!!!!! It's so cool!!!!!!

Bozo

Bozo

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 606 posts
Looks great Drabber I actually don't think i could say anything negative about this guy, I love his look. I think it is the head which does it for me, it is very unique, with the square teeth. I also love how short and long the head is. And how you have posed the PK fingers in different positions, makes it look more lifelike. Also i'm lovin the zzap gun. Not so sure 'bout the oilers though. i might have just replaced their heads with gobbo heads to make it look like grot mega armor, and just leave it with the normal gargant arms. and is that the final paint job on the one oiler? Because i think it needs some work. But i LOVE the mega Mek.
I am the Whistler, and I know many things for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, many secrets of men and women who have stepped into the shadows, yes I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak. -PM me if you know what this is from

The Best Khorne Forum Ever

Talk in Plain English

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Gud stuff. Clever use of Epic Stompaz :thumbs
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
The runtz were pretty simple, Krooza recognised it, they are old epic stompas with the heads cut and repositioned, one as a hat the other as a helmet. I ended up with ten of them from ebay, so I'll be figuring out some other uses for them in the future, perhaps more of these runts will be on the way. The paint is by no means finished on the little guy, what you see is just a bit I had left on my brush when I was working on the boss... I'm not sure which powerclaw you mean Steel fist, The Mek's is ghazzies, cut off at the wrist and swapped sides, again so he can better match his 'gant... the grot's fist is the body of the stompa chainfist cut down and moved with added rivits and plasticard jaws... I had run out of decent grot models so I had to use an old heroquest goblin for of them, the other is actually one of those useless 2nd ed grots, its hard to tell in the pics but you can see his feet... I think it's about time to get a regiment of goblins... -brad

Schmitt.

Schmitt.

Parasite Huntin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 81 posts
  • Army Name:Debba Dogz
Hello! I like the Gargant head - very fitting, and a nice departure from the very recognisable Ghazghkull head. The power klaw with flexing klaws is very effective; I love that look, and both arms being held up looks so much better than Ghazghkull's usual pose, which makes him look a bit of a panzee. The Lascannon arm is way cool - does it represent a Kustom Blasta upgrade for his shoota? The grots are hilarious. :D Oh, one thing - there's nothing stopping Big Meks from taking Mega Armour. See page 9 of the Orky codex - they can take any equipment that Nobs, Mekboys and Warbosses can take. My own Big Mek takes Mega Armour.
We'z already won!

QUOTE (Games Workshop)
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

4tonmantis

4tonmantis

Wartrukk Driver

• Deathskullz
  • 1,654 posts
  • Army Name:Dethskulls and Badmoons...verging more on Freebooters...
Clever indeed. I'd try and solidify the colors more. Do another coat of watered down paint as it seems in places that your painting is done rather fast and a little haphazard. This kind of works but IMO it's more effective when you start from clean blockpainting then use washes/glazes to effectively dirty it. The model itself however is def. chock full of good ideas!
CODE
Originally Posted by Uthan the Perverse in 'Culture vs. Kultur: Thoughts on Orkish Society'
The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

Check out my site and blog. Pardon the horrendous design.. it's a WiP

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
again thanks for the kind words, Schmitt, thanks for pointing that out, somehow I got it wrong in my head... yeah, I think the gun does look right for a blasta, :dakka but its been so long since I was able to play I'm not sure if I'd want to field him with it ... 4tommantis - I suppose his weathering is a bit heavy and dirty, I'll try your advise on him when I get to painting the runts, which hopefully will be soon...

OG Gleep

OG Gleep

Periscope

• Speed Freaks
  • 792 posts
  • Army Name:Da Rolling 60's
Ooo Fantastic Idea. Gonna try and get some Epic stompas in trades!

Killa kans

Killa kans

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
  • Army Name:Free botters
ausome idea man with the stompas! hey where did you get his head :cheers

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
His head, like the stompas is an epic part, the head from the Gargant... That way he and his 'gant match, at some point I'll take some pictures of it and make a thread for it... -brad

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas
If only you could take Bionik Bonce with Mega-armour. :scowl That's a very cool mek, although I'd agree that the weathering is a little heavy, especiall on the blue (which would probably look better chipped than dirty). I normally don't approve of epic parts on 40k models as they tend to look out of place, but these ones are pretty good. I really like the basing work - it looks somehow very natural, despite how insanely difficult it is to do a good base on a Mega Armour model (or so I've found). Is there some kind of secret? Of course, it'd probably look a little cleaner if you painted the rim. Job's a good 'un.
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

Big Mek Tinka

Big Mek Tinka

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 154 posts
  • Army Name:Bukket Jawz
Im not such a big fan of the head :crybaby But everything else is pretty cool. hee hee, like them grots :lol
Hey It's Tinka and He and his friends are coming for you. You'd better run or he's going to get you. Are you scared? ARE YOU SCARED?

Waaagh! The Anzorks!