Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

KroozA'z GunFortress

* * * * * 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
301 replies to this topic

Jolly_ork

Jolly_ork

Stormboy

• Blood Axez
  • 1,351 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Hog's Hoggers
If it was me building (like id have the money to afford the kits...) i would do design numbah one and put a low profile turret ontop with a long barreled cannon "like the one on your lungbursta" ;) It might ruin the look you want, but id like it :biggrin
Bringin' the SmartAss to you since '89

Me not Weedy

Me not Weedy

Weedy

• Deathskullz
  • 2,240 posts
  • Army Name:Not Weedy's Lootin Gitz
I love #3, Kr00za. I think that it looks more ded 'ard than the others. But, if you are going to stick with #1, I think that Nosher hit the nail on the head with his suggestions. Can't wait to see you start to build this. :cheers
Sometimes when I'm alone I pretend I'm a squig...
-silly buck toofed git

Whining aimlessly is totally my hobby.
-silly buck toofed git

Terrortorix

Terrortorix

Flesh Eater Squig

• Grotz
  • 89 posts
  • Army Name:Hive Fleet Terrortorix
I like design numba 1 the best. Its looks the most killy and eavy out of the three. I also like the low profile cannon you have in the latest design you did. Is there any way of compromising a bit more between those two ideas. Otherwise ide just keep design numba one cuz i like the big death rolla. Hope this is helpful :?
LoL at teh Sole...

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Cheerz for all the imput guyz. Ive decided on the WW1 style for sure, and will draw up plans today. Ive also bought £60 worth of FW gear for this project. That might seem excessive, but its not so bad... a FW ZzapGun woild take me at least 3hrs to build, I charge around £7 per hour for my work... making one ZzapGun worth £21. FW sell em for £10... I know that make little sence but it how Ive justified my spending ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Dredakka

Dredakka

Grot Rigger

• Boyz
  • 177 posts
  • Army Name:Vulcha Sqwardron
I love the low slung style for a battlewagon and thought your reversed landraider was great (looted it myself). Will watch this one closely to see how it ends up. :thumbs
That ain't gonna work!

Jolly_ork

Jolly_ork

Stormboy

• Blood Axez
  • 1,351 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Hog's Hoggers

Cheerz for all the imput guyz.
Ive decided on the WW1 style for sure, and will draw up plans today.
Ive also bought £60 worth of FW gear for this project. That might seem excessive, but its not so bad... a FW ZzapGun woild take me at least 3hrs to build, I charge around £7 per hour for my work... making one ZzapGun worth £21. FW sell em for £10... I know that make little sence but it how Ive justified my spending ;)

No, thats perfect reasoning. I figure you have a job, so you have to spend time working, so dont have the time to indulge in projects so buying one is easier. Plus the FW ones look ded sexy ;)
Bringin' the SmartAss to you since '89

Nexus

Nexus

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,100 posts
That makes perfect sense but now I want to know what 3 hours of zzap gun work would look like, do you have photos of ones you've done before? What other Forgeworld goodies are going into this one?
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Im gona use two FW ZzapGunz as sponsons n av a FW Lobba "converted into a kannon" up front. A FW DefRolla n some FW TLBS ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Shas'O_Bob

Shas'O_Bob

Da Blue Skinned Git

• Skumgrodz
  • 876 posts
  • Army Name:Fresh Meat Cadre
We like the original (1st post sketch). We must opine that perfect symmetry with the sponsons does not appeal to our aesthetic sensibility as it applies to Orks. The offset side sponsons give it that 'land ship' look, like the Orks took an Ironclad and put traks on it.
The only constant in the Universe is change.
The wise adapt.

Dreachon

Dreachon

Lobotomy

• Deathskullz
  • 751 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Glad to hear you deceided which road to take for this beast, I'll looking very closely at this thread of you.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Heres my final design.. a bit ruff but I can work with it. Ill be adding some hight to the sides, changing their shape slightly.

Attached Thumbnails

• BP7.JPG

Nuf Said.

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas
Now dat looks like it'd be banned by international treaty. Just what any Ork would want! :thumbs I can't wait to see it built.
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

Nexus

Nexus

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,100 posts
Great design, but will the big shootas only be able to fire in a backwards/sideways arc?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Dunno... Ive got 4 russ sponsons at my disposeable so there might be an extra set on there ;)
Nuf Said.

Dreachon

Dreachon

Lobotomy

• Deathskullz
  • 751 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Now that looks ded ard and propa. Best version of the batch and god it's gonan get looted big time.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
I like the design, Krooza, and the layout of the weapons. I feel it needs another layer on top of that rather low superstructure - some kind of 'bridge' (not just a cupola) would look cool. Perhaps something a little like a U-Boat conning tower, only more square and squat looking.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Nexus

Nexus

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,100 posts
I've had an idea for the problem of no big shootas firing forwards. Seeing as you're going to have fairly large sponsons for the zzap guns, perhaps you could mount some small turrets on the top of those, sort of like the little AA guns on battleships. Modified your picture to show what it might look like. [attachmentid=13072]

Attached Thumbnails

• BP7.JPG

Gashbad

Gashbad

Stompa Warz Champeen

• Freebooterz
  • 2,510 posts
  • Army Name:Gashbad's Loudboyz
I've got it! :! Why not make the sponsons baneblade-style? With the zzap gun in the main sponson and a big shoota turret on top.
This user has been given a total of four (4) 'free" rants as sporeday gifts from the members of this site.
Some conditions apply, check coupon for details

Killa kans

Killa kans

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
  • Army Name:Free botters
Sweet Idea krooza :eek I cant wait till yah make it!

dakilla

dakilla

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 135 posts
  • Army Name:Snakebites
wow this is gonna be one beatiful machine can't wait to see it done
Remember kids drink Orca Cola