Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

KroozA'z GunFortress

* * * * * 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
301 replies to this topic

Icharus

Icharus

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
  • Army Name:PLague of Icharus, Nurgle
I reckon use a reversed classic ww1 type like on a landraider it adds to the dethrolla and trakks becoming one whole krushing weapon. I'm interested why you called it a fortress does this mean it is going to be outrageously cool like everyother one you do
Martin Lewis DUM DUM DUM, check out www.blipandradar.blogspot.com Its funny and my friends needs it to get out in the open.

Magoram

Magoram

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 113 posts
  • Army Name:Magramz Raiderz
The looks meaty enough. ITs also got good looking mounting points for internal track wheels. If not the Churchill one looks cool. :thumbs I'll look out for a warehouse when I'm out and about in London with a large "Kr00zAz Wurkshop" sign outside. You seem to churn these out at an alarming rate! :/
Just the ramblings of a madboy

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Well Ive given it some thought. All have pro's n cons. The Russ n Churchill shape are the easiest to blend together as both halfs sit the right way up. But theyre both pretty boring to look at. I think Ill go for the WW1 look. Its a tried n tested design and I had great results from it last time ;)
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Erez a ruff idea of wat Im aiming for. The DefRolla is as tall as the trakkz, so the whole front end is one big krusha ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• BP3.GIF

Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Ohmygosh. I was going to say go for the Russ style, but with the Deffroller like that that is a simply INSANE tank! It looks ready to smash straight through anything. Hmmm, I wonder if you should use house rules in Cities uv Deff to let all these mad Deffrollas flatten buildings? The image of this thing smashing through a hab-block and disgorging mass Orks is incredible!

Magoram

Magoram

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 113 posts
Nice, I like the built in deathroller, looks nice and mean. Liking the low-slung chassis too. How wide are you looking to make it?

Nexus

Nexus

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,100 posts
I really like the design you've come up with sofar Kr00zA, have you decided on what weapons it's going to be equipped with though? Will it be a case of just deciding what will be there when you stick it on?
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Ill prolly make the trakkz even wider coz its extra length will alow it. 35mm sounds gud. No firm plans on weaponz as yet, Im still planning its final design. Erez a different setup I came up with. It uses a smaller DefRolla but theres room for a kannon up front.

Attached Thumbnails

• BP4.JPG

Nuf Said.

Nexus

Nexus

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,100 posts
I think I prefer your design in post #24, having a big kannon up front is good but is there any way of working one into your previous design? Edit: Don't get me wrong, I like the other design but personally I prefer the earlier one.

LordMalekTheRedKnight

LordMalekTheRedKnight

Yoof

• Banned
  • 233 posts

Erez a different setup I came up with. It uses a smaller DefRolla but theres room for a kannon up front.

i prefer the "simple lengthed Russ" method - i used that myself on a test piece i made for my I.G., and it worked very well (i also lowered the ground clearance and raised the roof slighly, to the point where it would just about fit a Chimera ramp on the back :biggrin).

however you make it im sure it will look great, though :thumbs
(im still trying to repress urges to buy a landraider and put it together back to front... :love)

cheers

~ Tim
Start each game with DAKKA!
Define: Terrain, LOS Terms ("model's eye view", "body/hull", "minor parts", "hovering height" etc)
Armylist: secrecy or the lack of it, or "i'l show you mine if you show me yours"
Klarify: which FAQs/books are we using? how will we handle the known grey areas on the pregame list?
Konversions: WYSIWYG, "counts as", proxies etc - who/what everything is
Arguin': how will we handle unforseen disagreements and confusion? D6 it? 3rd party?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
No worries, just be honest about the designs, thats wat Im looking for. The massive defrolla on the first design means a kannon cant be added unless I add some more hight to the hull, which I dont want to do. And the main point of the first design is that the front is one big krusha.
Nuf Said.

Nexus

Nexus

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,100 posts
I suppose if you keep the massive deffrolla and put skorchas/big shootas in the sponsons it'd be an amazing anti-infantry vehicle. Perhaps you could do both designs? If you're going to sell them then there's no monetary loss is there? I'd love to see the one with the kannon built aswell but I'm sure we'll all understand if you don't do it ;)

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Erez three options together then...

Attached Thumbnails

• BP5.JPG

Nuf Said.

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,806 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Hmmmm - tough one Kr00za. I like designs #1 and #3 for asthetic reasons - they look right - but I definitely see the armament issue. I'd just assumed you'd slap a turret on top at some point, to get around the limited fire arcs of those double sponsons. Here's a suggestion that might make your WW I chasis more workable - you're going to need a driver's compartment peaking up and over that deathroller anyway, you could add some front armament there as well as long as it was also low profile, yes? How about rokkits? You could keep the low profile to the front of the WW I design by just adding a whole bay of rokkits (maybe tilted slightly up to arc over the deathroller) to the side of the driver's viewport. It would suffer from the same limited firing arc as the side sponsons, but it shouldn't have any effect on the profile of the vehicle and would give you more forward facing firepower. That said - you are going for a battlefortress rather than a battlewagon with this one, so that does kind of require something heavy up front, doesn't it? This beast looks perfect for a monsterous doomsday pattern battlewagon with big shootas pointing out everywhere - but with only the sponsons and no turret it is going to be tough to find weapon mounts for kannons & zzap guns.
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas
I prefer design #1. I dunno why, but it just looks the 'ardest of the lot!
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Really like design #1 As for armemement, you could go with some kind of Lobba. It could be encaved(sp, word?) in the hull so that only a short part of the barrel show over the main body?

Unique

Unique

Runtherd

• Grotz
  • 281 posts
  • Army Name:Tau'K Sept Medusa Research Contingent
Dsign 2 seems more practical and kool looking, you selling this one too krooza?
QUOTE(Kr00zA @ Mar 26 2006, 09:39 AM) View Post

Great Stuff. Its gona be a massive metal Wedding Cake of Def!!!! :choppa :dakka

Krooza on Greenstuffz Gargant Cake thing

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
Ive tweeked the WW1 design. The DefRolla is a bit smaller and set quiet far back from the front. This alows for some front mounted weaponz.

Attached Thumbnails

• BP6.JPG

Nuf Said.

justFIGHT

justFIGHT

Lobotomy

• Freebooterz
  • 764 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh!!! Kubz
design one looks best imo. if you turn it to make it look like a landraider it would look good aswell.
da only proppa ork iz n egyptian un!!! ;) WAAAGH!!! fo'evaaa!!! thanks to mukrot for dis dead ard avatar!!!
QUOTE(frankye @ Apr 1 2006, 01:36 PM) View Post
cannibal, in all seriousness: repeat 20 times the word "fish'ead" and think of them, now think of the first fish that comes into your mind. is not a goldfish? Or something weedier?
QUOTE(Jolly_ork @ Sep 15 2006, 05:31 PM) View Post
And ive told you redtoof, i no longer recognise cricket as a sport. So humph.

Magoram

Magoram

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 113 posts
Design #1 looks great, 3 looks a bit odd to me. The smaller deffroller looks odd too in the last Pic you posted. Stick with the bigun!