Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DA BOSSEZ RULEZ

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Wat?NoHumies?

Wat?NoHumies?

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 12 posts
  • Army Name:Wagghhh Nekbreakka
I have question that may sound silly but, Does this site have personal albums like the Bolter and Chainsword, cause i've want to post some picture of my orks up?
Also known as cheeseychaoslord on the B&C.

Waggghhh Nekbreaka

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,092 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
There's the Trophy Rack for finished pieces:

'Ere

That maybe up your alley. :yes
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,844 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Not sure if you're on about a hosting medium for pictures. If so, I don't think there is (other than 'attachments' under the posting options).

I personally use Photobucket for uploading pics.

[Oh, and good to see you Sproston...]

Grak'Thul

Grak'Thul

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 27 posts
  • Army Name:Grak'Thul's Bludd Boyz
No pics in our sigs? Are you serious? Fine.. -.-'
"I dunno wot you been told, Stormboyz mobs is mighty bold, we the fastest of the lot, we make you lot look like Grotz!"
--Stormboy drill chant, Ork Codex

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,297 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Grimgull

@ Taytonclait, I dont know if it'd be allowed on this forum (One of the bigger boyz would have to say) but maybe link to imageshack?

That way I dont think you have to worry about bandwidth and size and whatnot.

It'd definately be allowed, although whether it belongs in the FBH or the Talez ov da Waaagh! is another question.

I have a question that may seem silly - if images aren't allowed in signatures, why isn't the option turned off?
I recently created a signature for another site and then implemented it over here, until someone mentioned the rules.After checking the specifics I promptly removed it, but I can't help but scratch my noggin' - why not just stop members from being able to use them in the first place?

I'm not arguing with the rule, mind you. I've seen lots of forums where it gets intolerable and every page takes an age to render through sheer weight of GIFs!

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think it's to do with the bosses allowing some small images in sigs as prizes for winning certain competitions, or for being a nob/boss. As a rule, it's not too much of an issue, older members let the yoofz know what's what, and we don't get flooded with images in our siggies. Of course there are worse things the waaagh! has been flooded with. SPOILER Kelets /SPOILER
Cheerz to Thork for the Great Avvy.
Genrul blakkreaper ov da dreadsokk korpz - fightin' Ruleslawyer gitz and keepin' it proppa.
Let's gross our fingers and sacraface pot Blood Red to Bitz God... [Morhgoz]
I oppose RAW evil; or, more importantly; The Dice Gods oppose RAW evil. [Andrew the Eternal's proppa hiaku]

"Giving Krooza an idea, now prooven to be just as bad as saying 'Go on Dim, rant away!" [Dim Reepa]
"We don't have a Battle Tank. We have a glorified transport that eats people." "like a surgical sledgehammer." [GrogDaTyrant]
Now plugging: Da Klanz Projekt MkIII, Ladz of da waaagh kompetishun Rules As Awesome: Unofficial FAQ and Grimdark Frontier (a WiP 40k CivIV mod)
Like Heroic Fantasy? Check out my writers blog. Orcs appear from time to time, and they're proppa.

Warboss_Titun-Smasha

Warboss_Titun-Smasha

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
  • Army Name:Titun-Smasha's boyz
alright i got a question, i generally try to be freindly and supportive of people online so i dont want to get myself

squashed by anything i may have screwed up on (without atleast having prior knowledge and a good reason, ill be freindly but the moment you insult me in some way, me choppas gettin unsheathed. ( AKA the gloves come off.))

whenever i post about sumtin important i find it funny to see how my orky persona (Boss Titun-Smasha, or a normal ork for the matter) would say something and how he would think about it, then at the bottom of the post i provide a translation which is how i myself would actually have responded to said discussion

An example is this post i made right here from this thread in the doks serjury
http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=47603

oi 'lright 'eres ow ya do it, ya findz as many boyz az ya can den u'z get'm riled up and den ya charge!!!!! WAAAGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
i fink it would benefitz all da ladz 'round 'ere to now how ta "stretagize" so we'z can krump all dem otha fingz in dis 'ere.. wuts ya call it? grrrr.... oi dun tell me i finkin!.... gaaaAAHHH!!!! :bang sum1 tell me alredy!
Mekboy: To the best of my inept knowledge of such matters i do beleive it is reffered to as a "Galaxy" mi'Lord.
Titun-Smasha: err i knew dat!.. Oi mek, wen di ya get so smart? :scowl *rips the mek in two* :choppa NOBODY's 'llowed ta be smarta den me!!!!!!! :biggrin

(Translation: yes that sounds good to me Borrok, ill second the motion for that, but the only thing about it is, its not only points brackets that matter, it also depends on what army(s) your going up against, i.e. tin 'eads you want as many CC/w sum form of PW (if possible) or 'umies you want as many CC as you can get, or...... actually forget that part and refer to the sentence at the top of this post :lol (but on a more serious note yes i do beleive it would benefit everyone to discuss the easiest ways to stomp the other factions, mostly for new ork players (i.e. me) or people who just havnt had the misfortune of being on the receiving end of a good army list of a faction they havnt yet faced))

i just wanted to know if thats in violation of any of the rules or frowned upon at all ( i dont realy think itd be that big a deal as long as i provide the important info, but it never hurt to ask a valid question so im asking now, just so i dun get a clobberin by da bosses) i can see how it might make the post unnecessarily bigger, but i digress.
(and lastly do keep in mind i said its only sumthing i do for important posts, so i wont be doing it every single time i post, probably more on a 1:10 average if i had to guess(and the orky part will never be longer than a short paragraph but im digressing again heh srry bout that... rant over :)))

stompin 'umies as usual
-Titun-Smasha

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,476 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Well, to start with, you probably want to stop using the HQ reserved grot squishing icon. Aside from that, too much ork-speak overall and you might find people skipping over your posts entirely as it becomes too much work to get through. However as long as you are providing complete "translations" of your orky ramblings, you are probably OK. Readers will then be able to ignore the ork-speak if it gives them a headache and still get the meaning of your post.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,844 posts
I would add one thing about Ork Speak though. It is very difficult to do Ork Speak well. It's like playing a piano out of tune. It takes a lot of skill to get right and get away with it. I think the main issue we've always had though is not understanding what is said. So long as you stick translations into each post, I don't see a problem. I have a bigger issue with your spelling and grammar outside of the ork speech. I would like to see some more full stops and some capital letters.

Warboss_Titun-Smasha

Warboss_Titun-Smasha

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
  • Army Name:Titun-Smasha's boyz
Heh alright thanks guys, just wanted to clear that up. :thumbs The orky part of it isnt that important i just wanted to make sure i wasnt breaking the rulez with it. (And ill try to improve on my online grammar a bit Dim. :thumbs ) (Didn't know that emoticon was for HQ only, now i do so i will stop useing it. :) )

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,297 posts
Don't worry Smasha, there's a few things the site does that the HQ don't like. Like mentioning kelets ;)
Genrul blakkreaper ov da dreadsokk korpz - fightin' Ruleslawyer gitz and keepin' it proppa.
I oppose RAW evil; or, more importantly; The Dice Gods oppose RAW evil. [Andrew the Eternal's proppa hiaku]

"Giving Krooza an idea, now prooven to be just as bad as saying 'Go on Dim, rant away!" [Dim Reepa]
"We don't have a Battle Tank. We have a glorified transport that eats people." "like a surgical sledgehammer." [GrogDaTyrant]
Now plugging: Da Klanz Projekt MkIII, Ladz of da waaagh kompetishun Rules As Awesome: Unofficial FAQ and Grimdark Frontier (a WiP 40k CivIV mod)
Like Heroic Fantasy? Check out my writers blog. Orcs appear from time to time, and they're proppa.

Deathskull Ned

Deathskull Ned

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 243 posts
  • Army Name:Da Proud Tooths
I can't post on the tales of the waaagh section. Is this because I'm just a grot or something? :?
My Orkz
My grotz coming soon...
My fluff

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,297 posts

I can't post on the tales of the waaagh section. Is this because I'm just a grot or something? :?

Bingo. It's reserved for members with a certain number of posts already. Don't worry, be a productive member of the site and it'll open up before you know it. :thumbs

We'll see you in there soon enough I wager.

jakeolantern

jakeolantern

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
I'm new here, but if I were to post an "what are you're guys conversion ideas" topic for 40k orks, what category would I put it in, the goff fortress, or the meks garage, and is it ok for me to post that topic in the first place.

Blakkreaper

Blakkreaper

Da Ladz Wrangler

• Freebooterz
  • 2,297 posts

I'm new here, but if I were to post an "what are you're guys conversion ideas" topic for 40k orks, what category would I put it in, the goff fortress, or the meks garage, and is it ok for me to post that topic in the first place.

For one it'd be "What are your guys' conversion ideas?" topic. And it'd definately belong the the Mek's garage (Fortress is for gaming, Garage is for the minitures part of it).

It does seem rather vague, and probably already done. I recomend searching through the archives for some good ideas first.

jakeolantern

jakeolantern

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
K thx for the info, Ill search up the archive

Steltha

Steltha

Mushling

• Banned
  • 26 posts
  • Army Name:40k Name is the Rippas. GorkaMorka Name is the Gargant Crushas.
Hello, this is a message to any whom read and consider this. I have read these rules extensively throughout my posts of Da Waaagh! And I must say, that the way people sometimes follow them on this site is less than desirable. My profile name, as you can see, is Steltha, and I have experienced cruel, uninvited, uneeded, and unsociable behavior and hateful words spewed at me by a group of users. My reputation banner is now stained with their incompetance (1 Star). Yet, I'm sure a Admin or Mod has seent he recent post, one named "Talons Studios Now Accepting Commissions" the post was only deleted, and no justice done to the literal Cyberbullies that stalk this site. I am far from saying every individual on this website is a CyberBully, many here are fun to chat with and supportive no doubt. But, there is no excuse the abuse that I felt when a myriad of users mocked my average painting style, insulted my MOTHER, and then claimed it as constructive criticism... So, I will not name the users that did me wrong, you know who you are, and all I can simply say is... "God's Peace." I hope a Mod or Admin or somebody contacts me over this rather frustrated message, and who knows, maybe a new Da Waaagh! will emerge. This is not right, and these rules that whoever made this post is obviously VERY passionate about, should try to enforce them a little bit more. I have returned to this forum after a extensive break from the melo-drama and overly hateful insults that were thrown at me. My only request, no, my DEMAND, is that something be done about the CyberBullies that are here, and I am sure many here would agree with me. As such, I am asking any here whom have been wronged such as myself, to say "Aye!" or "I have as well!" or any confirmation to their troubles. This is real life people, we can't argue and insult each other over the computer our whole span of living. And, Admins and Mods, I once again ask you take this message into consideration, I may be posting this around the Waaagh! to spread my message. Thankyou to readers who traversed my paragraph! :biggrin Steltha.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,844 posts

Yet, I'm sure a Admin or Mod has seent he recent post, one named "Talons Studios Now Accepting Commissions" the post was only deleted, and no justice done to the literal Cyberbullies that stalk this site.

I think the important thing to emphasise above all else is that you are not in a position to know whether "justice was done" or not. Nor is it necessary for you to know, or demand whether or not it was. The thread was closed, and it was deleted. On this forum, the Bosses are loath to delete threads. It takes something very serious for a thread to disappear. Needless to say, I am 100% certain they took it seriously.

Weedy ratings are invisible. You can only see your own, and the only people who can see everyone's are bosses. So you cannot possibly know what has transpired.

If they felt warnings needed to be handed out, they will have handed them out, rest assured.

However, I fail to see how this particular post is remotely helpful. The Bosses are the ones who deal with situations, and that situation has passed. All this post can possibly do is drag up yet more unnecessary negative feelings over a singular incident that the bosses have already dealt with, and that has already gone. Now essentially this could turn into little more than a witch-hunt, which to me suggests that the "melodrama" as you call it, hasn't actually gone anywhere.

There are multiple references to "cyberbullying". The thread has disappeared, so we only have your word for it. If it was as bad as you claim, then I am sure the Bosses have dealt with it appropriately. If you feel this is a forum in which the bosses are not able to deal with things effectively, I do wonder why you have returned to post in it.

Whilst I have vague memories of the offending thread, I also remember another thread in which you responded somewhat negatively to honest constructive criticism, and also took a joke seriously. You handled it better that time, but evidently there's an issue there when it comes to actual criticism. Whilst it might not be so bad in the face of something which is your own model, offering up commission work is different, because then, it's other peoples money. Commission is a highly controversial issue, and this isn't the first time there have been heated words and deleted threads over this subject. I think if you wanted to avoid some of the milder criticism you got, then I wouldn't have started up a commission service, because it comes with the territory.

People are going to be honest, and brutally honest. If you don't like that, I would avoid forums as a matter of course.

That said, personal insults are not on, but I'm sure the bosses dealt with those situations. It's just you wont know any different, and it's questionable whether or not, after a somewhat, shall we say terse post here, will put them in a mood to tell you.

I think if you want to move forward, and continue to be a part of this forum, I'd bury the whole thing, and get back to posting pictures of models, and avoid threads about your commission work, but by all means put a link to it in your signature, and leave it there.

Your re-raising of the issue isn't actually any better than the original issue, and only likely to make things worse. And please, don't post this issue in other parts of the forum.

The sooner this thing is behind everyone, the better.

Steltha

Steltha

Mushling

• Banned
  • 26 posts
The reason I brought up this issue, is because the very same people are harrassing me on other forums that have a poor record, and are directly connected to the Waaagh! Such as DakkaDakka, I meant nothing in the ways of reopening old wounds, some of this stuff cannot simply be "Put behind you". CyberBullying is a serious issue, and the people whom performed it need to be warned on this site. That is all I am asking, is for better action in the future for OTHER people on this site whom have experienced it. Please consider that. I am not asking that "Oh, we should hunt these guys down!" No.... All said and done, there needs to be better Bullying enforcement in the Mek's Garage Section, and maybe other sections.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,844 posts

The reason I brought up this issue, is because the very same people are harrassing me on other forums that have a poor record, and are directly connected to the Waaagh! Such as DakkaDakka, I meant nothing in the ways of reopening old wounds, some of this stuff cannot simply be "Put behind you". CyberBullying is a serious issue, and the people whom performed it need to be warned on this site.

They likely have been. You aren't in a position to know, as I said.

Well, if memory serves, your opening post was actually rather disparaging of Dakka, and you ultimately managed to get people's ire up for it. To an extent, you're not entirely blameless from this, as in a part, you used language that actually encouraged flaming. I did not see the threads on Dakka, but in previous posts of yours I have noticed that you are exceedingly easy to offend. Which is not a crime, but nor is posting an honest opinion, no matter how negative it might appear.

CyberBullying is name calling, offensive language, things designed purely to offend, and criticism is not the same thing. Those who will have used name calling will have been dealt with by the bosses. For the rest, I'd suggest growing a thicker skin, or avoiding forums. Cyberbullying is serious, and I am sure that all (or at least most) of us on this forum take that very seriously indeed. So to tell us it should be serious is a bit pointless. We know it is. To suggest it should have been dealt with, it was.

That is all I am asking, is for better action in the future for OTHER people on this site whom have experienced it.

Please consider that.

I'd consider it if I actually knew of other examples. As it happens, none particularly spring to mind. A few isolated incidents on occasion do occur, in absolutely every forum. The Waaagh is one of the more friendlier forums out there. I really think you are over-exaggerating this issue.

Have you been harassed since? Have you recently posted a thread or post that was nothing to do with the previous issue and "been bullied"? That might be different, but the way of dealing with that is via the report button. But essentially you're referring to one thread in particular, after which you left, and have only just returned. So I'd say your knowledge of the state of "cyberbullying" on this site and what transpired afterwards cannot possibly be accurate, if you've not been on the forum, or in a position to know what punishments were dealt out, as I have already stated.

All said and done, there needs to be better Bullying enforcement in the Mek's Garage Section, and maybe other sections.

I disagree completely. I think the bosses are doing a stalwart job. I think part of the problem is often posters taking things personally (justified or not) and instead of reporting the culprits, they engage in a slagging match and the whole thing escalates out of control. We've all been there, but the easiest change is yourself. I think you have a habit of taking things personally, and I think that is a good place to start. A lot of the commentary was what I'd call harsh, but honest. If you felt it too harsh, you should have reported it. The bosses felt the thread contained content that was inappropriate, hence why it was deleted. It is very unlikely, if the thread was deleted, that they stopped there.

The bosses will have dealt with any of the culprits by increasing their warning level, which, as I've said, you cannot see.

The important thing is to be vigilant. If any member thinks they see something that can be seen as bullying, there is only one thing you should do. Use the report function provided on the forum, report the post, stating why you feel it violates the forum rules. Do not confront the poster, let the bosses deal with it.

Forums are all about communication, honesty, and trust. Communicate effectively, speak honestly, and trust in others, and particularly the moderators. Otherwise there is no point partaking in a forum.

Steltha

Steltha

Mushling

• Banned
  • 26 posts
I'm not going to argue with you, Dim Reapa, we both have our different views. Lets leave it at that, I have already received messages from the Mods that they'll look into it. Have a great day, and I respect your opinions and your great advice.