Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Deathray Speedsta

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
I just finished painting this and thought you guys'd like to see...

Posted Image

possibly, big shootas or rokkits since this would be feilded as a buggy?

Now here is the tricky bit, I built this little guy over the chassis of a tiny remote controled car,

It still functions!!!
it just clips on to the remote to charge up.

Posted Image

[edit, hrm there seems to be a problem with the picture... ick]

it gets a bit hung up on difficult terrain( ok, most anything that isn't totally flat)

but it's still fun to drive around...

It feels a bit small, but perhaps thats just because I'm used to building huge models...

I'm still not particularly into the glue-tip guns, :puke I put them there to look a bit like the Epic Deathray Speedsta, if I could think of something better I'd totally swap 'em, but I'm not sure what to replace them with, any thoughts?

-brad

rusty mekboy

rusty mekboy

Burna Boy

• Goffz
  • 391 posts
  • Army Name:Raknar's skull krushas
That is very cool indeed. :thumbs I agree that it is a little on the small side, (I think the driver's area could be beefed up a tad) But it will be lotsa fun during games when your opponent doesn't know that it's remote controlled, then you say "Hmm...I think I'll move 12 inches over here"......VROOMM!!! :lol
What do you mean your not gonna use gazzie's head for your warboss conversion?
ARE YOU INSANE!!!???

A warboss by any other name would be just as choppy.

darkseer

darkseer

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 29 posts
These looks awesome, although they are a little small. I'd have made them about twice the size. What did you use for the guns?

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
The guns are just old super glue tips, always got a bunch of them around :biggrin

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas
It reminds me of the old Bubble Chukka Mekboy Speedstas from Epic. I really like th whole remote-controlled idea, I used to have one of those tiny R/C cars too. I wish I hadn't thrown it away now... :crybaby
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

Cannibal

Cannibal

Kickin' Grot

• Boyz
  • 130 posts
  • Army Name:Bad Skullz

The guns are just old super glue tips,

always got a bunch of them around :biggrin

Now THAT is a streak of creative brilliance! :thumbs I love it when the creative *ZAP* hits my mind and I can use some mundane object as a cool bit. Consider this totally looted.

I love that car! Looks like a grot racecar and I love that it's remote-controlled... and working! If only there was some way to measure the "mileage" (or should that be "inchage") on this doohicky. Then you wouldn't have to bend over the table and measure the distance, just zoom forward the distance you wanna go.
QUOTE(Mousemuffins @ Apr 25 2006, 04:51 AM)  
Sorry. there WILL be ripper fisttage.

*jebus. THATS going to get sigged.....

Poppetjes & Rotsies

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
Posted Image

Magos_mechanicus you are absolutely right! these are what I was thinking of...

i wonder where I got the name Deathray from...

Now I've got two more of these RC cars to convert, I'm thinking they will either be a bit larger, or I'll do as Cannibal said and say grotz are driving them, perhaps have one peaking out...

Look out here comes the Grot Speedsta!

-brad

magos_mechanicus

magos_mechanicus

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,353 posts
  • Army Name:Dok Ork's Lootas
I'd say that there are grots driving them too. It always seems to solve lots of problems. I'd recommend the plastic Night goblins, since they are easily convertible multi-part plstics, and also look really cool. I used them tr krew my grot tanks:
http://i20.photobuck...ander-paint.jpg
http://i20.photobuck...ttank-paint.jpg
~Nought to lose but my chains,
Internet feeds on my brains~

Bozo

Bozo

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 606 posts
Drabber thats brilliant! now all you need is an entire army of those!! show up to a game with tons of remote controls all labeled like: trukk, battlewagon etc. it'll confuse the hell out of people. Also have you considered one of those i-robot things as a gargant :lol or a monstertrukk or something as a battle fortress? ALSO they make tanks which actually shoot! no need for rolling dice anymore! :thumbs
I am the Whistler, and I know many things for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, many secrets of men and women who have stepped into the shadows, yes I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak. -PM me if you know what this is from

The Best Khorne Forum Ever

Talk in Plain English

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull

ALSO they make tanks which actually shoot! no need for rolling dice anymore! :thumbs

Hell, they've been around since about 1916... as long as you don't mind not having a house left after firing. ;)

callum7

callum7

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 36 posts
  • Army Name:none so far
"TANK SHOCK" vroooom crunch :lol "it seems as if the fire warriors have fallen back of the table!" :yes
This would have to be used in KOS as it is open toped :(

Kronork

Kronork

particularly odious and dishonest barrister

• Speed Freaks
  • 2,564 posts
Looks too small to be a buggy IMO, othervise it looks nice. Cheers

Hac in hora,
sine mora,
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem, sternit fortem
mecum omnes plangite!

OrkKaptin

OrkKaptin

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 85 posts
  • Army Name:N/A
I hate to revive an old topic, but I wanted to mention that I have a cheap remote control car that I got for Christmas a few years ago. I'd like to ask Drabber if he has any WIP pix I can use for help. One difference though-my RC is a foot long and about five inches tall. Mebbe I'll make it into a battlewagon...

Gorgmuka

Gorgmuka

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 11 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgmuka's Iron boyz
I love this idea, Ive tried it before, all I can really say is but some of the monster trukk zip-zaps, they work better on irregular terrian. (and run longer) but I think the glue tip guns seem a bit weedy and panzee-ish...maybe some pistoles or big shoota barrels. and for a little more flare, maybe use the biker grot head poking out of it to make it look like its being driven... I'm gonna have to make one of thesen ow haha be fun to drive around the den haha
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...er I mean WAAAAAAAAAAAGH

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
OrkKaptin - I didn't take any WIP pics of this one but I've still got a few around, so I could take a few snapshots that might help you a bit, as long as the THREADROMANCY doesn't get this locked up ;) Sounds like you will be wanting to make yours into a battle wagon, at that size a buggy would get wiped out far too early to be any fun... There was someone who did a RC battlewagon for an all madboy army you might want to look for as well, I want to say it was Squigbrain, but I'm not sure... Gorgmuka - A micro monster truck would make a great base for some of these, and thats likely what I'd grab if I were to pick out more, but this was on sale for dirt cheap... The glue tips are there to represent deff rays, they might need a bit more gubbins and possibly wires but shootas would defeat the look of the epic gunz I was going for... -drabber

grusmock

grusmock

telescoping arm

• Snakebitez
  • 509 posts
  • Army Name:da red cruzadezz
lol that looks great the zip zap idea is looted it is a little small but im sure a smallish ork would fit oppontent"i swear that just moved" you"what are you talking about" have it move up every time he/she looks away
"Da old wayz ar' da best!" "We'z don't need yer stinken teknoligy!" "Is dat a double barreled 'xtra shooty mega blasta with 'xtra scopes and a red paint job?!?!" "Ill take five."

OrkKaptin

OrkKaptin

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 85 posts
K. The remote control "vehicle" I plan to use is quite obviously of the "one base, many bodies" style of design-the body it came with was a Dodge Ram, and the style of the underbody made it look like a monster truck. The thing you need to understand about the one I have is that wimpy barely begins to describe it. It cannot go up a board on two bricks-one it can do, albeit slowly. Entirely un-Orky, but what can you do? The upside is that it DOES have some nice knobbly tires so once I cover the un-orky polished silver paint with a Plasticard plate I can have it looking awesome. Another upside is that it has a nice "ram" sort of thing that attaches directly to the frame instead of to the truck body. This I'm gonna keep, perhaps use as the front, perhaps use somewhere else. I'll also chop the "roll bar" off the back of the frame, for use somewhere. If requested, I can probably steal my brother's webcam just long enough to get some pix of the truck body and base. Another perk is that if I chop off the right bits, it's probably the right scale for a mega-armored Nob to drive.

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

Lorax of the Bleeding Grin

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 863 posts
  • Army Name:Feral
Ork Kaptin, Instead of reviving an old post, you should really PM the person who started the thread. It will get your question answered more quickly, as well as not re-surface posts for other newbies tack on their "insightful" comments....comments like "that looks cool" "wow, great job". Please read the posting rules before digging this up. For christ sakes, this thread is almost 2 years old. Also, if you are going to post the things YOU are going to be doing, why not just start your own thread, with pictures/schematics ect... Hopefully this gets locked soon
QUOTE (4tonmantis @ Nov 26 2008, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gentlemen...welcome to the Lorax effect.. those wishing to learn it be warned...part of the process involves snorting a gerbil and whacking yourself with a clawhammer.

QUOTE (Ug Thok @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lorax: Da MacGyver uv da Waaagh!

QUOTE (Zagursnik @ Feb 22 2008, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
*The Lorax of the Bleeding Grin Effect reffers to models so cobbled toegther with different parts & bitz that ya can't tell whats what until the first coat of paint hits the plastic, metal, pape mache or whatever else it is you found in the garage or under the sofa to build with.

OrkKaptin

OrkKaptin

Gnasher (face eater)

• Grotz
  • 85 posts
drabber seems to be fine with it, I dug it up for a legitimate reason and apologized in my post doing so. He also seems to be OK with my request-i.e. WIP pix or stuff he's done similar.

Gorgmuka

Gorgmuka

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 11 posts
  • Army Name:Gorgmuka's Iron boyz
ah, money I see. well okay, I never saw the deffray so I wouldnt know, but wires and gubbinz would add alot to it.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...er I mean WAAAAAAAAAAAGH