Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Netiquette, lazyness and common courtesy

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Sneeky Git

Sneeky Git

Dah Cheef uv Speshul Ops

• Nobz
  • 6,082 posts
  • Army Name:Feeldmarshell Bosnik's Sneeky Speshul Forciz
You may or may not have realized that the HQ has been more active recently. I wish I could say it's simply because we have more time on our hand and enjoy it. Rest assured, we do not. We are forced to patrol much more actively because of a raise in laxness and a lack of what we consider to be basic courtesy and behaviour. And quite frankly, we don't enjoy it.

Just to remind you: The bosses provide you with this forum and website for free, including the unique feature of image hosting in the forum (with the exception of the FBH). And yes, they pay for it, even if you don't.
The bosses and nobz also take a lot of their spare time working on The Waaagh. There is maintanance to be done, software to be updated, new icons and emorticons to be created, topics to be edited, moved or closed, members to be warned and tutored... And yes, it's work for us. Hard work. Not just plain fun.

Now on to the real topic: Netiquette, lazyness and common courtesy. Because some of that does not seem to be as self evident as we expect it to be. Mind, this is just an excerpt of what has been bugging me and the rest of the HQ recently. Use your common sense to fill in the gaps...

Patience and Committement

If one of the HQ writes a moderating comment in a post or writes you a PM, we expect you to read it, remember it and act accordingly. All of it. Not just the part that suits you.

I know this requires some patience and committement, as will reading all of this post. But if you are not willing to put in that little effort, you are probably wrong here.

Disrespectful Demeanor

Cracking jokes is fine, and I am sure you have noticed we have a very relaxed approach in general on The Waaagh. But for some reason it seems to be difficult for some of you to tell the line between a funny joke on one hand and disrespectul demeanor or outright insults on the other. To make it simple: If you're not sure if it's funny, skip it.

And don't think "hey everyone else is doing it, so I can do it, too". Bare in mind that most members on this board are complete strangers to you, especially when you are a relatively new member (and you don't stop to be that just by boosting your post count). There are veteran members out there who know each other for years and talk quite differently amoung each other than new members who do not know each other. Once you have earned someone's respect you can make jokes without appearing to be disrespectfull. When an old friend calls me a weedy git, I know what he means. If a stranger does, I do not.

And just to make sure, as even that seems to be difficult to grasp: If a mod contacts you about your style of posting, your general behaviour and forum rules, he is rarely being sarcastic or making fun.

A Forum is not a Chat Room

I know, we already had a topic on this and it should really be selfevident, but either a lot of members missed that topic or did not understand it.

A forum is very much like a message board in real life. You write a message for other people to read and comment upon. You do not return every couple of minutes to put another message on the board. It is not a chat room where you would carry out a "normal conversation" and where you can blur out your thoughts at random (and even in a chat or normal conversation people will soon start to tell you to collect your thoughts before speaking).

We expect posts to contribute to the topic at hand, so only post if you have something meaningfull to say. And please think before you post: Will people be able to understand what you wrote? Did you say everything you wanted to say or did you forget something? Are there any obvious spelling or grammar mistakes?

And no, one-liners do not meet these criteria. And don't even think about raising your post count like that - it's useless spam and the HQ will lower your post count at our own descretion.

PMs are not Chat Messages either

Again this should be selfevident but apparently is not. PMs are very much like letters or emails, and you should put equal thought into them. If you have to send another PM five minutes later because you forgot something, you did not put enough thought into it. And yes, we sometimes do get a bunch of one-liner-PMs within a short period of time like half an hour.

Common Courtesy

Another thing that should be selfevident: You should exact the same courtesy on the internet and this forum that you use in real life. That includes no insults, rude behaviour, disrespecful demeanor and listening to what others have to say. Screaming at the top of your lunges without listening to others won't be tolerated here, just like in real life.

And no, the relative annonymity of the internet does not make it a lawless space.

Common Courtesy in PMs

Just to state the obvious: The same applies to PMs. And that includes saying "hello" and "goodbye". It shows that you respect the other one.

Lazyness # 1 - the search engine

I'm sorry, but there is no other word for it. I will pick out the use of the search function as it is probably the most common symptom.

If you do not use the search function to find answers for common questions, it only shows that you are lazy and not willing to put a little effort into your search. I hate to use Kennedy's oft quoted line, but it really catches what it's about:

Don't ask what The Waaagh can do for you, ask what you can do for The Waaagh.

The Waaagh is not a self-service shot and the members are not here to serve you, nor are the bosses and nobz. The HQ is always willing to help if you have a problem, but like on of the bosses said: "This is not a kindergarten and we ain't the members' nannies." There are some things that we expect you to deal with on your own. And the search function is such a thing.

One of you suggested that we write a "How to" for the search function, but we soon decided against it. Why? Because the use of the search function is such a basic internet skill that we really don't see why we should write a how to on this. You know how to use google, you know how to use the search function. It's search engine just like any other on the internet. It is one of the basic tools that make it work! And a how to doesn't cure lazyness - only sharp choppaz do, and we're willing to use them.

Lazyness #2 - misplaced topics

I know that sometimes the subsections can be difficult to figure out, especially when you're new to The Waaagh. But by reading their descriptions you should be able to sort out where your topic belongs in most cases. It's less than five minutes - please take that time to read the descriptions. We did not put them up for nothing. And when in doubt, we even wrote a little somthing on it in Da Message Board.

For those rare cases where you went wrong we are of course glad to help. But please help yourself and us by putting a little thought into where you post first.

Lazyness #3 - spell check, grammar and netspeak

I know that a lot of our members are not native speakers, nor am I for that matter. But I do expect you to do your best to write in full words, full sentences and understandable English. Spelling and grammar mistakes can happen, but please try to keep them at a minimum - it's just a matter of respect towards the members who read your post and putting a little effort into posting.

And no, netspeak does not meet these criteria. Common abbreviations are fine, but full netspeak is not. It's just lazy and cannot be read by many members. And even for those who do it's tiresome and annoying.

Orkspeak is a similar subject. It can be a lot of fun when used with descretion and in the right context. When Hakbash is having one of his skumgrod trash-talks with Shas'O Bob e.g., some orky language is just right. On the other hand when you are asking a complex rules questions is not.

Again, common sense is your best friend.

Lazyness #4 - reading

I know I've adressed this before, but quite frankly, it's one of the things that is most frustrating. For heaven's sake, if one of the bosses or nobz writes a moderating comment or PM, read it! All of it! And remember it and act accordingly.

Maybe my messages are too long.
Maybe my messages are too sofisticated.
Maybe I try too hard to explain to you why I do what I do.
But the rest of the HQ has always been able to understand what I said so far.
And it's the same for the rest of the HQ.

The HQ discusses their actions on a frequent basis, and that includes talking about PMs we sent out to members as well as their replies. Frightfully often the reply is a one-liner that shows that the member did not really read what we wrote. And to be honest, that is outright frustrating and tiresome, and all it does is that it makes the HQ more trigger happy to swing the PK of doom and banning.
Red Sands' sniperz on patrol

1. Read da rules of the board. They can be found here: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=18570 If there is something that you don't understand, ask on this post or PM a member of the HQ.

2. Read what each forum is used for. This can be found here: http://www.the-waaag...p?showtopic=139

Quase

Quase

Big Mek

• Nobz
  • 4,200 posts
  • Army Name:Da Klan ov da Golden Teef
Hear hear.
Valid remarks all over, even if I'm guilty as charged as far as this goes :

Orkspeak is a similar subject. It can be a lot of fun when used with descretion and in the right context. When Hakbash is having one of his skumgrod trash-talks with Shas'O Bob e.g., some orky language is just right. On the other hand when you are asking a complex rules questions is not.

I'll bear that in mind for the future.

As for this bit :

Cracking jokes is fine, and I am sure you have noticed we have a very relaxed approach in general on The Waaagh. But for some reason it seems to be difficult for some of you to tell the line between a funny joke on one hand and disrespectul demeanor or outright insults on the other. To make it simple: If you're not sure if it's funny, skip it.

I've noticed a seriously decline in the usage of the ;) -icon, which is perfect when you've just cracked a joke. It helps the guy you're talking to to realise it is actually a joke. But still If you're not sure if it's funny, skip it
Roight, any questions?
Yes?
Too bad!
It be time to WAAAGH!

Quase -

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
One thing that's definitely rising is lack of spelling and punctuation. A few pet hates: -A 'stream of conscience' is not the way to go. Using multiple elipses (...) instead of splitting into separate sentences doesn't help you at all- try and get across some definite points in a post (much as Sneeky did in the post above) as this helps the reader to digest it and absorb the information. If they lose interest part way through then it doesn't help you at all. (This also applies to BatReps- split it into turn by turn report, with subheadings et al, if you want people to read it. It's not pics I look for in a good batrep, although they're nice- it's a good readable layout.) -The shift key is your friend. Capitalise starts of sentences, please, for the simple reason that it makes it easier to read your post. I no longer read half the posts in the Mek's Garage, simply because if the poster hasn't put effort into typing, then I probably won't enjoy it. It becomes a chore, instead of a joy. -This is just a handy tip, not really necessary- when you split into paragraphs on forums, double space between paragraphs. The software removes any indents you may put in, so the only way to make it obvious that you have started a new paragraph is by leaving a gap. This also lets the eye breathe, leaving plenty of nice black 'downspace' with nothing to look at in it, instead of the dreaded wall of text.

budro

budro

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,347 posts
  • Army Name:Budro's Freebootin' Freeks
Very well written Mr. Git. ;)

Maybe my messages are too long.

Not all, I thought overall it was very concise for the topic at hand. As has been mentioned before, the non-native english speakers on here quite often have better grammer and spelling then native speakers.

Hope that your message helps, but I must confess that I believe that the majority of people who will take the time to read it from beginning to end are probably not the people it is targeted to.
Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did.

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz

Hope that your message helps, but I must confess that I believe that the majority of people who will take the time to read it from beginning to end are probably not the people it is targeted to.

Thats what the majority of the HQ thought as well. But it still needs to be said and now everyone has a post to direct people to on how to behave.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
If I might add one more point - courtesy includes reading the other posts in a thread before posting. I've lost count of the number of times I've read a post that was clearly posted without any regard for what was posted before it (including, in many cases, the post that began the thread). It's akin to walking into a conversation, making a statement and walking away. If you're not interested in what everyone else has to say on a topic, then why do you assume anyone's interested in your comments?
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Black-Tooth

Black-Tooth

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 416 posts
  • Army Name:Black-Tooth Grin Clan
All well said, although the only thing I did really notice - as it more or less jumped right out at me - was how much Threadomancy has been going on of late. Haha, there's been threads resurected from back in 2004. :lol
Black-Tooth Grin

Nose

Nose

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts
  • Army Name:Deathskulls
Great first paragraphe you sneeky-git ;) In all seriousness, thx for the reminder. Always helps the new gits and old farts to get a fresh Idea of what's expected on the-waaagh. As an example that the-waaagh is not a chat room, I posted a reply to ones of scarpia's amazing work and I got a reply as a joke that I did not realy get. So I sent him a Pm saying what I thought it meant (not a one liner) and got a reply telling me what he wanted to say to my reply. Everything happened in a great maner and no one got hurt :P . And thx bosse's to making this place as clean as it is. Keep up the great work. I know letter of thanks can be appreciated in big projects for others. :thumbs Nose :cheers
There is only one PROPA color and that color is red....eummm I mean BLUE!!!

o_O

o_O

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
note on the seach function: a seach function looks for topic by there TITLE or rather the words in it. so if you start a thread use words the discribe what you are going to talk about ( ie games day, Gargant, nobz, GorkaMorka and so on ) not titles like :nono ( ie LOOK what I got, or hey IAM building stuff , ) the search funtion wil lnot find you if you do it like the latter I used to hang out on bolter and chainsword and there search function was rendered usesless by inacurate titles on thread. so plz put thought in to the title of the thread as well it aint just there for the silly catch phrase of the day :nono
August 19th International Kick the fish'ead in the Nuts Day
come celebrate- tell us how you kicked the Fish'eads in the nads!

Rivets !! More Rivets !!

NEW RELEASE for LotR----Gandalf points left and coming soon Gimli sobered up!!
Advance Order Now!! Limited Edition Sam making jam and toast.

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts

note on the seach function:

a seach function looks for topic by there TITLE or rather the words in it.

so if you start a thread use words the discribe what you are going to talk about
( ie games day, Gargant, nobz, GorkaMorka and so on )

not titles like :nono ( ie LOOK what I got, or hey IAM building stuff , )
the search funtion wil lnot find you if you do it like the latter

I used to hang out on bolter and chainsword and there search function was rendered usesless by inacurate titles on thread.

so plz put thought in to the title of the thread as well it aint just there for the silly catch phrase of the day :nono

Posted Image

:yes
The original Waaaghbbit.
Please visit my modeling blog

Andrew the Eternal

Andrew the Eternal

Dreadnought Pilot

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,894 posts
  • Army Name:Da Great 'Orde uv Nazgor Goldteef

Well, I read it and if you know of me at all, you know I have a far from perfect batting average for this sort of thing. Does that count? :lol

Hi, Sneeky Git. Excellantly written and very clear article. Too bad budro is right. :(
QUOTE (GrimTeef @ Oct 12 2007, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orks even make more interesting corpses than Imperials. We're just that good.
You're smiling. When you smile, civilizations die.

Warboss GargDregga

Warboss GargDregga

Flash Git

• Freebooterz
  • 1,081 posts
  • Army Name: Waaagh! Dregga or Klan Dregga
I will chime in here as I think I may have done one or more of the above things myself. I know that I post alot, but alot of my posts are the posting of new pics of my work, or replying to those people who have posted a remark or idea. If I am considered as spamming with the amount of these sorts of posts that I do, please inform me. I do not attest to being a Forum Expert by any means, but I do try to act accordingly on the forums I am a member of. On another point. I know that all my posts use alot of elipses (...). This is not an intentional or 'lazy' thing (ok probably a lazy thing) that I do. My mind runs very erratically, and I have flash moments of remembering things, or flash ideas. This in turn shows up in my typing/posting ALOT. I do appologise for this, and I will attempt to keep the elipses to a bare minimum. On the point of being a new member (no matter what the post count), I realise that I am a very new member of these forums. If I do act or post unaccordingly I would prefer people to contact me ASAP and let me know. I am not a child, and I will make sure to make right on any wrongs that I do. @ Sneeky Git; That was a very well written and informative post. A post like that cannot be too long, especially when appropriate information needs to be conveyed. English is not your primary language?! Well you have shamed me for sure, as English is my ONLY language, and your post was very eloquent, and easily understandable. DF
... IT'S MADE OF PLASTIC!!!! - KROOZA

"I can fix dat." - Gooba - Baltimore Gamesday 2006.

Waaagh! Dregga Medusa V Game Tally: Ranked 5th overall in AUS/NZ region. 102nd Globally.

"Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Ultramarines!" - Zack

Jolly_ork

Jolly_ork

Stormboy

• Blood Axez
  • 1,351 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Hog's Hoggers
Good post kaptun sneeky sah! :thumbs I have a bad habit of going a little of topic and "chatty" in topics, but i've trying to get more on topic of late :biggrin Just one thing i would like to mention. Being new is no excuse. There have been plenty of members that have signed up and done the right thing from the get-go. Simple as that. So if you spam alot, then say "I'm new", it won't cut it. We all know the rules. To me, its as simple as that. :thumbs
Bringin' the SmartAss to you since '89

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas

Posted Image

:yes

Pictures are worth a thousand words, eh GuRu?

But on the other hand, when the search results are displayed you only get to see the title. So if you're trying to find that great post you once saw where there was some amazing Gargant, then it's more helpful if the title is

"Gamesday 2004 Great Gargant"
Sweet scratchbuild - Check it out!

than

"ChEck iT oUt!!!!!1"
AWESOME STUFF
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+

Bozo

Bozo

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 606 posts

I will chime in here as I think I may have done one or more of the above things myself.

I know that I post alot, but alot of my posts are the posting of new pics of my work, or replying to those people who have posted a remark or idea. If I am considered as spamming with the amount of these sorts of posts that I do, please inform me. I do not attest to being a Forum Expert by any means, but I do try to act accordingly on the forums I am a member of.

On another point. I know that all my posts use alot of elipses (...). This is not an intentional or 'lazy' thing (ok probably a lazy thing) that I do. My mind runs very erratically, and I have flash moments of remembering things, or flash ideas. This in turn shows up in my typing/posting ALOT. I do appologise for this, and I will attempt to keep the elipses to a bare minimum.

On the point of being a new member (no matter what the post count), I realise that I am a very new member of these forums. If I do act or post unaccordingly I would prefer people to contact me ASAP and let me know. I am not a child, and I will make sure to make right on any wrongs that I do.

@ Sneaky Git; That was a very well written and informative post. A post like that cannot be too long, especially when appropriate information needs to be conveyed. English is not your primary language?! Well you have shamed me for sure, as English is my ONLY language, and your post was very eloquent, and easily understandable.

DF

i completely agree with/feel i am in the same boat as everything Darkfather has said up there.

also i would like to thank all of the bosses/nobz for setting up and maintaining this excellent site.

i was wondering if it might save a lot of work for the bosses/nobz if there was to be a pinned topic in each subsection for new members to look at basically just saying all the basic and most common problems and how to avoid them. i know this material is covered here and elsewhere but i think that many new members are just eager to get posting, and don't spend much time reading up on the rules, and they just head straight for mek's garage or somesuch and start posting.

i also think that a lot of the problems, especially the non-use of the search function, are due to ignorance and not laziness. if a member joins without looking around a lot and starts posting right away, there is no way for them to know there even IS a search function. i know i have been in this boat before.

anyways i think if there were just some grundrules pinned in each subsection it would save many people time and annoyance, and there would be a lot less topics like this:

newb: i have question

vet: you did not search

boss/nob: closed

perhaps this has helped perhaps not, just thought i would give a relatively new mebers perspective on these issues
I am the Whistler, and I know many things for I walk by night. I know many strange tales, many secrets of men and women who have stepped into the shadows, yes I know the nameless terrors of which they dare not speak. -PM me if you know what this is from

The Best Khorne Forum Ever

Talk in Plain English

o_O

o_O

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts

Pictures are worth a thousand words, eh GuRu?

But on the other hand, when the search results are displayed you only get to see the title. So if you're trying to find that great post you once saw where there was some amazing Gargant, then it's more helpful if the title is

"Gamesday 2004 Great Gargant"
Sweet scratchbuild - Check it out!

than

"ChEck iT oUt!!!!!1"
AWESOME STUFF

thank you ghaleon88 :D

now there is a perfect example of reading a post and responding to it
rather then a off the cuff one liner
August 19th International Kick the fish'ead in the Nuts Day
come celebrate- tell us how you kicked the Fish'eads in the nads!

Rivets !! More Rivets !!

NEW RELEASE for LotR----Gandalf points left and coming soon Gimli sobered up!!
Advance Order Now!! Limited Edition Sam making jam and toast.

WAAGHnumbnuts

WAAGHnumbnuts

Steel Hornz

• Blood Axez
  • 633 posts
Before I read this thread I was actually thinking of putting something into my signature aout propper netiquette, asking members to please try to use propper spelling grammer, and capitilization. I know previously I used to get carried away with ork speak, but I think I've been doing much better lately.(Turning fourteen is what did it for me ;) ) What do you vets think of the signature idea? The reason I think of doing this I that I doubt many posters read the rules on the messge boards. I know I didn't, but I think I managed to pick them up. I hope my idea has been constructive.
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"
BLAM BLAM

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,806 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
At the risk of wandering off topic, I'd just like to comment on how hard working some of the mods (Sneeky Git, Sproston Green, Krum, etc.) are. I think it is also worth mentioning that these are generally the same mods who argue against banning people, and who have consistantly argued against closing the forum to new members (something that has been discussed, from time to time, since the forum reached around 500 members).

For our veterans who help us herd the cats, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!

For the newer members (anyone with a member number with more than 3 digits?) remember that the HQ opperates this forum, and keeps it open for new members to join, to encourage new orky talent, to share ideas and generally spread the faith. It would be much easier to manage a forum of 500 or 1000 veteran members, but everytime the idea of limiting membership comes up their are Bosses & Nobs who leap to the defence of new members and point out that some newbies are truly awesome additions to the community.

Last thought before I wander back to the beach to finish my squigarita. There are several VERY patient mods here. The guys are friggin' SAINTS. There are also at least 3 fairly grumpy old men (Nosher, Hakbash & - well, I'll let you guess who the 3rd is) who are VERY quick to reach for the ban stick. If you get a friendly PM asking you to mend your ways, please listen. If a Boss posts asking people to behave, do what they ask. The rules are easy, the site is free, and sometimes the grumpy old guys in the HQ are straining to start swinging with choppas & ban sticks.

Waaaagh! the Hakbash needs to hurry back cuz some of you grots 'er gettin' surly!
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Sneeky Git

Sneeky Git

Dah Cheef uv Speshul Ops

• Nobz
  • 6,082 posts
  • Army Name:Feeldmarshell Bosnik's Sneeky Speshul Forciz
In about a week's time this topic will be edited and moved to Da Message Board. Feel free to add more comments (I'll do the editing for you). And after it has been moved we certainly won't keep you from linking to it in your signature, Bozo and WAAGHnumbnuts :yes
Red Sands' sniperz on patrol

1. Read da rules of the board. They can be found here: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=18570 If there is something that you don't understand, ask on this post or PM a member of the HQ.

2. Read what each forum is used for. This can be found here: http://www.the-waaag...p?showtopic=139

ghaleon88

ghaleon88

Gargant Krew

• Goffz
  • 2,847 posts
  • Army Name:Grotsbane's Krumpas
Yes, Kaptun Sneeky, Sir!

At the risk of wandering off topic, I'd just like to comment on how hard working some of the mods (Sneeky Git, Sproston Green, Krum, etc.) are. I think it is also worth mentioning that these are generally the same mods who argue against banning people, and who have consistantly argued against closing the forum to new members (something that has been discussed, from time to time, since the forum reached around 500 members).

I'd also like to point out that for the past few weeks, it looks like Sneeky's been working overtime, and I think he deserves a round of applause. It looks like every creaky board in the forum is getting patched up, all the leaks being sealed, and so on with the boat metaphor. I can't even imagine how much time that must take.

Now if we could only get this formatting back to normal ;)
Sneeky invisork: 4 2 3 4 1 2 2 7 5+