Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WIP Stompa

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

coke89

coke89

telescoping arm

• Speed Freaks
  • 517 posts
  • Army Name:Speed Freeks
:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek holy gork that thing is bjutifool. i cant see what parts the upper body and head is made of, could you help me out on that one
Fly up ya stoopid gitz!

Boss Bolt Axe

Boss Bolt Axe

Steel Teef

• Bad Moonz
  • 675 posts
  • Army Name:Bolt's Of Speed
I think that krooza better watch his back caus this dude looks like he could give his a really big run for his teef
Battles Of 2008
W:2 L:0 D:0

The panzee... The Deep Space version of the French

Loves
Other
Ork's
Totally
Ed-banging
Designs

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Thanks for the low-down on how you built the round bits Mousemuffins. Will have to give it a try. :cheers The belt feed on the bassie gun is :thumbs . Now get painting! :whip :biggrin
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
FUGG!!!
Man thats is EXACTLY the way a stompa should be no weedy CC weapons (it not even plausible on that scale, it just isn't effective) The pose is unsurpassed and NEVER before have i seen weapons looking that noisy, violent and dangerous before!
A genuinly profound and witty signature

GroTNoT

GroTNoT

Bag Squig

• Grotz
  • 104 posts
  • Army Name:Da Black Axe Legion(Blood Aexs)
Dat Stompa s' da Bomb.. :! Really nice work, I like it a lot, the best stompa I've ever seen. I never exactly thought about making my own, but that wrecking ball from Ork hell is inspiring. :thumbs There are some things that I don’t think belong on this model: The Eyebrows seem to be out of place, I would remove them. The extra armour plates should be more makeshift, not too pre made, and more crude. The flamer nozzle doesn’t feel right, too many small holes. But other than that… :love :P :biggrin :/
GroTNoT

I Spy an Ork..

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
the eyebrows were added for two reasons. 1: The stompa needed more agro. He looks like a bewildered todler without them. And 2: All the other vehicles in my list have/will have them :biggrin . The armour is reasonably uniform mostly because it suited the building method of plates over a frame. I figure even with ork stuff all parts should look like they have a purpose or perform some function, even if it's not clear what that may be. Whilst most ork vehicles start small and eventually evolve into a battle wagon or similar through constant modifications and additions by the Mek, I think stompas/gargants would be far more purpose built, with at least a vague plan in mind (vis: jumbo pack of orky crayons and look of extreme, toungue out the mouth concentration...). There will be more Armour plates/ glyphs added shortly though. oh. and MORE RIVETS. Some of the extra armour plates I've used actually come from the an original plastic Ork armour plate sprue Which was happily recovered from the depths of one of my bitz boxes, and was just to good a find not to use as originaly intended. The old Plastic battle wagon used to come with about 20 of these sprues. Just wish I had more than one.. I'm not sure if I'm going to add more rivets to the teef yet. I'm going wait and see how they look painted. You are correct about the flamer nozzles. I'm searching around for something with larger holes, or perhaps I'll just make something. The stuff I had was just too convenient not to try.

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Nearly ready for paint! Updates since last time: Impoved boot tread for extra stompyness. Extra glyphs/ gubbins/ rivets. That and I couldn't resist looting the nipple chain dangly wotsit from the GW concept sketch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

....Still more rivets to add and some more detail on the demolisha, then I'll have to worry about the base.

Dreachon

Dreachon

Lobotomy

• Deathskullz
  • 751 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
You've done a great job on it sofar, paiting will really make the model look like a golden deamon entry if done right, as for the base I'm all up for a beakie beeing squashed

Greenstuff

Greenstuff

'Ard Boy

• Banned
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:BUNDESWEHR YEH MAN
I reeeeeeeeallly hate you right now. ;) Greenstuff
MY TROLLING AND ABUSIVE POSTS GOT ME BANNED OK YEH

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
This is one of the most amazing scratchbuilt piece I ever saw here at The Waaagh :eek :love To me everything (or almost ;) ) is topnotch. A few rivits at the bottom of the teeth would help I think. And maybe, just maybe, give a little bevel to the edges of the teeth amd eyebrow. They seems to be a little thick. :cheers

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
I've just done some more to the teef, a'la Dreachon's avatar,but my cameras low on juice, so you'll have to wait a couple of hours for the pics...

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
It's all been said by everyone else - this model is really special, and the best Stompa model I've seen on this site (or anywhere). I especially love the feet, which look like the came from FW, but the classic rounded belly is also very cool (and I just noticed the steps leading up to the belly hatch - excellent!). In fact, with the primer on it, it could easily pass for an 'official' model. A couple of little things. I'm not a big fan of the eyebrows, which don't look as though an Ork put them there. I agree with Krooza that some sort of CC weapon would look better on the left arm. It wouldn't stop you repping a looted Russ; it would just balance the model better. And the weapons in general seem to need some more gubbins - especially the 'battlecannon'.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
..Painting begins! Even though I've not finished the demolisha arm, that's still detachable, so it don't matter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

....I got rather inspired (or is that insipid?) by Dreachon's avatar. If it turns out too bright in the end, I'll just tone it down with washes and somesuch.

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
Okay, I think we're dealing with a serious talent here. That glowing eye effect is reminiscent of Victoria Lamb's work :thumbs I'm going to stop offering suggestions and just sit and watch this model evolve.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

SQK

SQK

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 293 posts
  • Army Name:I'm a Hermit Ork, who needs an army!?
That is very well done thus far and I commend your work. Your building of this beast has been magnificent and now the painting also seems to be becoming dead ‘ard! Therefore, good job! Sincerely Da Greatest Hermit Ork SQK
"Dis ere' iz Sqk'z skrap pile, so don't yoo be touchin' dat!"

"SQK, Da Greatest Hermit Ork!"

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Holy :bleep It took me all the evening to put a flesh basecoat on 10 Tankbusta and you, you come up with this :eek :sowhat I like what you did for the teeth. Much better now in my opinion :thumbs :cheers

Kruger

Kruger

Paint Squig

• Grotz
  • 99 posts
  • Army Name:Kruga'z Krazy Krumpa'z
Wow. Thats uber cool. Overall excellant an conversion that really captures the feel of a massivly stompy ork death machine Love it. :love Cheers Kuger

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,064 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz
any chance i could pay out the :bleep for one of these things?? :P

looking absolutely incredible, that's really all i can say. you are going to enter this in the golden demon this year, right? RIIIGHT?

;)

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

rusty mekboy

rusty mekboy

Burna Boy

• Goffz
  • 391 posts
  • Army Name:Raknar's skull krushas
There's only one word for this. EEK!!! :eek
What do you mean your not gonna use gazzie's head for your warboss conversion?
ARE YOU INSANE!!!???

A warboss by any other name would be just as choppy.

gazkulll

gazkulll

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 205 posts
  • Army Name:orks
holy :bleep that is sweet. iv never been a big fan of the round stompas but you made it work, so to that :thumbs when i first saw the eye i thought you had put a light in there.
gazkulll[COLOR=red]