Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WIP Stompa

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Yes, a close combat weapon would look nifty, but looted demolishas don't have them. I've left the weapons detachable incase proper rules (not VDR)ever allow for a change.

Dreachon

Dreachon

Lobotomy

• Deathskullz
  • 751 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
A stunning conversion, superb job you did on it. :thumbs

grotstock

grotstock

Periscope

• Speed Freaks
  • 770 posts
  • Army Name:grotstock's red goffs
holy :bleep tapdansing stompa :eek ,, that's just so :bleep ing aswome, now I not any longer now wich one is better krooza or you :eek ;) ,, and this for a first post now I'm immediatly going crazy while I just waked up :/ that thing is so awsome I wanna see all your work :thumbs
we are still here!!

grotstock goes bad moonish death skull

mould lines on your models are like mustaches on hot girls, a big no no! - ug thok

Socaddict

Socaddict

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 583 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH - Grimbad

Yes, a close combat weapon would look  nifty, but looted demolishas don't have them. I've left the weapons detachable incase proper rules (not VDR)ever allow for a change.

View Post

however, orks vehciles can take things like wrecka balls, reinforced ram, etce tc, all of which have similar effects to a CC weapon.

Maybe take afew of those upgrades, then you can give it a CCW or some sort.

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
A huge reaka-ball would looks great if u can somehow get it into a dinamic mid-swing pose :thumbs Would make it looks like a giant mekanical toddler weilding a def-rattle :thumbs Just paint the bottom half white so it looks like a nappy :biggrin
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

BlackNumero

BlackNumero

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 53 posts
  • Army Name:Big Rudy's Smashums
Takes out baseball bat and sneaks to your house... Seriously, superb job
Anchorman Quotes

"It's so hot, milk was a bad choice"-Ron

"I killed a guy" Brick--
Re:"I've been meaning to talk to you about that Brick, you might want to find some close relatives or a safe house because your probably wanted for murder."-Ron

"WHAMMY! Champ here!"-Champ

"Bears? See, now you're putting the whole station in jepardy!"-Brian

studderingdave

studderingdave

Slugga Boy

• Bad Moonz
  • 367 posts
  • Army Name:Garzub's Bad Moonz
simply amazing. outta foamcore too! im inspired to biuld one now when im done with my armorcast garggy and my mega gargant. great job bro.
December 21st 2012...

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Holy monkey! thats amazing! it is a bot to round for my likings, but the build is absolutly amazing. keep up the good work. :thumbs Ps(this put mine once again to shame. :( )
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
I like ork vehicles to be more angular then rounded, but that thing still rocks! The stomping pose is just great, and those legs and the worky gubinz are works of art :thumbs What's the canon made from?

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Looks like a Bassie gun to me
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Uzgruhk

Uzgruhk

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 223 posts
  • Army Name:"Ork A Mikaz"
Yes i think so too, a bassie gun cutted. looks really great though.
BTBW : Born to Be Waaaagh !

Green Grot

Green Grot

squig attack arm

• Grot Rebelz
  • 464 posts
To cool :thumbs Konsider the ammo feed looted :biggrin Now go and paint it :whip

grotstock

grotstock

Periscope

• Speed Freaks
  • 770 posts
  • Army Name:grotstock's red goffs
I would make a scenic bas with all dead body;s on it and same beakies running away for the food, but if I see your boy you can also paint very good :thumbs EDIT : I MSEAN FOOT :P
we are still here!!

grotstock goes bad moonish death skull

mould lines on your models are like mustaches on hot girls, a big no no! - ug thok

lachlin

lachlin

Stormboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,370 posts
Well, I can now take my gargant and stompa out and burn them. Time to start over and try to halfway match the AWESOMNESS!!! of that scratch build. Keep us posted :thumbs
Da footure iz green!

Grekum Slamfist

Grekum Slamfist

'Ard Boy

• Deathskullz
  • 842 posts
  • Army Name:The Wrekkaz
That fuel intake and engine is SaaaaaaWEEEET!!!!!!!! :eek Lovin dat model! :/ Amazing work! It looks EXTREMELY Stompy and Crushy! :thumbs
WAAAGH DA DEFFSULLS!
Quote of the week #1
QUOTE(Grekum Slamfist @ Oct 15 2006, 08:19 AM) View Post

Well I got a!.... a new um... a ... uhhh... ahem. I got a new...!!!....hmmm....what did I get... I dont think I got anything :sowhat ....HMPH!.... I got a new binbag.... :blush

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,064 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz
i want a detailed list of materials used and the dimensions of every nook an' cranny-NOW!! :P this is too cool not to loot.

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Wow, superb stompa. Can only echo what everyone has said. Great work. :thumbs Glad you've made the weapons interchangeable as I think a wreckaball/ccw would look even more orky. How did you build the main body and get the rounded shape? It does remind me of the old armourcast models. Keep up the good work. :whip
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Shadow

Shadow

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,417 posts
  • Army Name:Rust Ridge Raidaz
Talk aboot a great make thar mate. :biggrin But that is one heck of a conversion, I understand when you say, depleted bitzbox. :thumbs Shade
Of course all my topics are pic heavy, you know why? because people don't want to open 12 hyperlinks a page! it stands to reason

"The act of converting is not a matter of creating the best weapon ever, its creating the best weapon ever but by using bits and pieces that anyone can use but no one has ever thought use in that way."

- Shadow.

Mousemuffins

Mousemuffins

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Round Shapes: First-up, I built a frame From foam core, a bit like a hollow ball made of girders, spaced where you see the joins in the plates. Because I was using cardboard (about 1mm thick-bought from a stationary supply, NOT salvaged from cerial boxes.) I was able to Burnish a slight concave shape into it, using a large glass bead ( the back of a small teaspoon would work also)and resting the card on a thick dishcloth. The pieces were individually cut to fit and burnished again.They were then glued in place with white glue. I found it helpful to have the dishcloth SLIGHTLY damp. The edges were reinforced with superglue later on to prevent them delaminating, as is cardboards tendancy. As far as I'm aware, only cardboard can be shaped this way. The reinforced ram/wreckerball upgade just seems a little puny for a stompa, but it was considered. and yes, it's a cutted bassie. I couldn't resist making it belt-fed. :dakka

Blackbone

Blackbone

'Ard Boy

• Blood Axez
  • 840 posts
  • Army Name:Blood Axes
Fantastic build. I wouldn't change nothin' - a stompa without a giant CCW is something new and unique. After the meks strapped on a buncha giant gunz, they realized they didn't have enuff room to mount a wrecka ball or a rippafist. A coupla drinks later, they came back and found it was a little heavy on the cannon side. They fixed this by balancing it off with anotha 'uge gun! :cheers Blackbone
Do you ever do something and think, “that’s so Raven.”