Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WIP: Looted Hellhound (Artemia/Graia pattern)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Time to start a new project. :biggrin

I will use the new Forgeworld Artemia and Graia pattern Hellhound as inspiration. I will also use this occasion to loot the master loota himself, Gooba! I intend to loot is Chimera roadwheel hasty field repair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Pics are copyrighted Forgeworld and Scarpia respectively)

First are pics of basic preparation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
There is a guy down at my club doing exactly that, only he's playing oomies!
A genuinly profound and witty signature

Pojo

Pojo

Slugga Boy

• Evil Sunz
  • 366 posts
  • Army Name:Flamin' skulls
the great Goobas ben looted! :eek (what a tonuge twister)Cool idea though (the conversion that is)
PK snip to the sig image delivered by the HQ
Scarpia is a member of the Deathskullz group and has 4265 posts
Da Bug Spultcha's -Rekon

Oddballz

Oddballz

He who was Snord

• Nobz
  • 5,164 posts
  • Army Name:Da Greenmarines; Rotfang's Skroungas (still WiP)
I liked the big fuel tank on the FW model, but the turret looks like something even an Ork would reject as 'too ****ing ugly'. I hope you do something better than that. Scarpia's battle damage is definitely a good idea to loot :thumbs If I was doing my looted Russ now, I'd also be copying his idea.
Oddballz

"If you wants to understan' an enemy, you gotta walk a mile in his shoes. Den, if he's still your enemy, at least you're a mile away and he's got no shoes." Plateau, trollish philosopher

Biv

Biv

Frantik

• Freebooterz
  • 2,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Bivrok!!

I liked the big fuel tank on the FW model, but the turret looks like something even an Ork would reject as 'too ****ing ugly'. I hope you do something better than that.

Scarpia's battle damage is definitely a good idea to loot :thumbs If I was doing my looted Russ now, I'd also be copying his idea.

View Post

Really? I :love the new FW turret. Looks ded sexy to me.
Step 1: Collect orks
Step 2: ...
Step 3: Waaaaaaaaagh!

Dreachon

Dreachon

Lobotomy

• Deathskullz
  • 751 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Very inspiring I was planning on this myself, guess I'll let the snake go first, then wack him and loot his tank. :lol

Egon

Egon

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,262 posts
  • Army Name:Pinchfizt's Piratez
Am I the only one that DOESN'T like the new FW Hellhounds? Seriously, the tank is huge and ugly (no way that that is Side AV 12!), and the turrets are ugly. They look like they just took a cool turret, made a hole and stucka really big and ugly hand-flamer out of it. :puke That said, you can't go wrong making this one look dead-cool, since the original stinks. ;)
Green skin good. Pink skin bad.

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
I actually agree with you Egon, the new FW model is a bit krazy. Like you say, there is no way that huge tank is av 12 - but what also bugs me is the flamer bit itself. It looks like a regular flamer, not a weapon capable of shooting 24 inches across the table. But Snake will make it all good, I have no concerns there! :cheers
meh.

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Hey! I'm open to all suggestion guys :biggrin Maybe that fuel tank is made of 2" rolled adamantium. Personnaly I don't see any problem with it being AV12. Being round also mean that it would be able to deflect (sp?) some of the shot (at least on the side). As for the turrets and flamer, as much as I love them, I will look into making them more Orky. So let's wait and see ;)

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
maybe some kind of additional compressor on the side of the flamer for that extra bit of shootyness?
meh.

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
My advice would be to have a wide tube for the fuel, maybe with extra tubing to show lots of fuel going in, hide the actual end of the tube with hole punched plasticard or something similar like gauze, anything with lots of holes, make sure it is in a tight cone showing a large input of fuel going into a very small stream... then as a final touch aim it upwards to show it doesn't have to be a solid stream and can explode anywhere as wind conditions allow. Still, anything big will look good!
View some of my Waaagh here...

I Must learn to stop arguing with idiots, they drag me down to their level and kill my brain with experience... Seriously... I can feel it dribbling out of my ears....

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
Da big Kompressa is a must have :thumbs I have a spare Russ turret gathering dust in my bitz box. Could be a good base? Enough room to add all those gubbinz for the big flamer. And what about the flamer tube coming out of the Russ canon with all sorts of pipes and gubbinz :!

Me not Weedy

Me not Weedy

Weedy

• Deathskullz
  • 2,240 posts
  • Army Name:Not Weedy's Lootin Gitz

Da big Kompressa is a must have  :thumbs

I have a spare Russ turret gathering dust in my bitz box. Could be a good base? Enough room to add all those gubbinz for the big flamer. And what about the flamer tube coming out of the Russ canon with all sorts of pipes and gubbinz  :!

View Post

I think that would be a stellar idea!
Sometimes when I'm alone I pretend I'm a squig...
-silly buck toofed git

Whining aimlessly is totally my hobby.
-silly buck toofed git

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
Do you have any of the hellhound bits, or did you start with a chimera? I was wondering if the stock hellhound tanks might work as a compressor...
meh.

TheSnake

TheSnake

Stormboy

• Freebooterz
  • 1,337 posts
I'm working on a basic Chimera. The stock Hellhound tanks would not be too hard to replicate with plasticard ;) Or maybe one of the tank from the Platformer Chemical Plant :biggrin

Zogruks Taxiboyz

Zogruks Taxiboyz

'Ead Graft

• Speed Freaks
  • 717 posts
  • Army Name:Da red Gob Pirates
The leman turret migth look dumb, but I dont know :? Also, take one of those chem-plant tanks. Sounds like a great idea :thumbs
And my name is Zoggy!

"There's the right way, the wrong way and then there's the Zogruks' way."
"Isn't that the wrong way?"
"Yes, but faster!!!" //smokingmonkee

"Now lets all get drunk and play ping-pong!" // Gashbad

Thanks Mukrot for the Avatar!

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
The chem plant idea isn't good. Let me peruse my bitz box, and see what I can find...
meh.

kell553

kell553

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 43 posts
  • Army Name:Just Orks
Seems to be a popular theme all of a sudden. I'm lootin one of these in this style also. For my turret I used the standard Chinera turret with the flamer normally used on the Buggy. As for my fuel tank, I haven't decided if I'll use a couple of barels or a big tank...but in either case i want to put a Grot or 2 operating a hand pump to move the burnin juice to the turret.

Nose

Nose

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts
  • Army Name:Deathskulls
hmmmm interesting... I think this model will be very fun to orkify cuz it has a lot of potential :thumbs Nice base work there snake!!! Can't wait to see it done so I can loot it ;) Nose :cheers
There is only one PROPA color and that color is red....eummm I mean BLUE!!!

Biv

Biv

Frantik

• Freebooterz
  • 2,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Bivrok!!
The thing that strikes me as the best part is the weapon mounted on the side of the turret....and I'll admit I really like the 'uge tank on the back. Replacing the weapon with something beefier would definately make it more orky while maintaining the athstetic (sp?).
Step 1: Collect orks
Step 2: ...
Step 3: Waaaaaaaaagh!