Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Confrontation

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts
Well let's just say I have recently got my hands on an *ahem* "digital" version of the complete rulebook. Confrontation is the grandad of necromunda, just so you know. This game seems really odd, using D100's and stuff, and it just seems much more complex than necromunda. So basically I'd like to know if this game is superior to necromunda, since the fluff section and art is damn good but I really don't want to spend my time reading the amazingly complex set of rules just to find out it's crap. So uhhh... any confrontation players? Also, el-oh-el at the ash waste nomads being mexican styled banditoes. Freaking weird stuff in this thing.
The original Waaaghbbit.
Please visit my modeling blog

DnE

DnE

'Ead Graft

• Freebooterz
  • 726 posts
  • Army Name:Gobsmak and his Haute Monde Lads
Hmmm seems there are too many games called confrontation out there. This one doesnt seem familiar though. Maybe rpovide alink to some reference material?

Ace

Ace

Tankbusta Boy

• Grot Rebelz
  • 410 posts
  • Army Name:Snagdregs ladz
Confontration is just an older version of necromunda before they re-released it with the new name.

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts

Hmmm seems there are too many games called confrontation out there.
This one doesnt seem familiar though. Maybe rpovide alink to some reference material?

View Post

Well there's some info at the top of this page which kinda explains it, there's also some model pics.
http://www.solegends...nfrontation.htm
The original Waaaghbbit.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,804 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Personally the grandaddy of Necromunda may have been confrontation, but it spawned from 2nd edition 40k and if you're gonna compare the new updated rules of Necromunda in all of their infinitely expensive and complete uselessness, then i'd say confrontation would have it. Personally if you want a superior system to the current Necromunda try the last set of Necromunda rules, seeing as at least they were worked on by 3 people as opposed to every bish bosh in the hobby. And also, the old hard back rulebook, the one I use, has everything there, and the system actually works and answers 99% of people's questions and problems with the current system. I don't want to hear any responses saying "the new one's better" because it isn't. They've changed about 10ish things from the last one, and brought in 3 new rules, only one of which has any relevance (high impact). The rest is poached off the old book and they parl it off as a new system. The only REAL improvement is visually, and I will concede that the new redemtionist rules are somewhat improved. However I feel they have spoilt a perfectly fine system by changing something that didn't really need to be when all they needed to do was rewrite it as a new book and put everything the way it was correcting the FEW mistakes it had. But as always the corporate fools have spread the rules all over :bleep and made it so you need to fork out money to print off the book yourself or pay £20 for an incomplete book and 50 magazines that wont be continued instead of taking time over it and putting it all in one place. GW has done it again. Well done To summarise, the new book is rushed, incomplete and hasn't changed enough to warrant charging £5 less than the last one for less than 1/2 of the original contents. Dont buy it, buy confrontation. The few things I am willing to say in defence of the new rules is this; the new system will help gamers who haven't encountered 2nd edition 40k play Necromunda without having to find out what a sustained fire dice is, and how one would acquire one. Also I do concede that that the gangs needed more diversity in weapons, but they have made it a little silly, and made some weapons (such as power swords) very difficult to acquire. Confrontation, although I have never played it sounds very much like your average RPG system and believe me D100 systems are a little comlicated but probably because of GW D6 propaganda. Also the illusion that insinuates that the New Book is an improvement is also GW propaganda too. I really hope GW does something to make the new game better and bring it back to it's former glory. If GW restore the rulebook to something resembling the size and diversity of information of the last edition then it will definitely surpass Confrontation in my eyes.

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts
Man, what the hell, I'm not looking for a comparison. And I don't think confrontation shares any rules with any of the necromunda versions.
The original Waaaghbbit.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,804 posts
Probably not, but my arguement can only be about whether Necromunda is a better system currently, seems these days I cant stop ranting about the new system. However, my point, if you missed it, is to point out that Confrontation sounds like an RPG more than the Necromunda system which is based more, I feel, on the Middenhiem Warhammer Fantasy Skirmish System.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,804 posts
And before someone tries to corrects the above statement, I'll show my age and inform those not aware of this that the gaming system known as 'Mordhiem' is a modern adaptation of the original GW skirmish game known as Middenhiem, which now (Ironically) doesn't play host to the new skirmish but Middenhiemers are a featured warband. Personally, I feel Necromunda was created as an answer to the 40k 'lack' of a Skirmish game. And undoubtably probably has a former system in the anulds of the GW vault. I apologise for the annoying rant, but I was merely trying to answer GuRu's question about whether Confrontation is a superior system and I was trying to raise the point that the current Necromunda system is poor and that I'm sticking up for the original rules that I feel are better and are easily the best Skirmish system I've played.