Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

101 Compilation

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

KingNic

KingNic

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 575 posts
Here's some I made earlier:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

These techniques can also be applied to Nobs:
Posted Image

KingNic

KingNic

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 575 posts
Armour Plates 101

Start off with a strip of plasticard approximately 1mm thick:
Posted Image

Make thwo scores in the card and FOLD it at these points (don't snap or break it)
Posted Image

Take a strip the same size as the origional of VERY VERY VERY VERY thin plasticard (the stuff I use is almost thin enough to see through - it's almost tissue paper!). Cover the topside of the origional piece with poly cement and FOLD the thin plasticard over the top, like so:
Posted Image
Posted Image

While the glue is still drying, SUPERGLUE the plate to the arm or shoulder or whatever, to make sure that it retains its curve. The poly cement should ensure that any gaps are filled sufficiently. Then decorate it as you wish:
Posted Image

Socaddict

Socaddict

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 583 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH - Grimbad
Track Building 101

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
On request of Jolly_Ork, here is the custom rokkit pack 101.

Both methods require a selection of plastic tubing thicknesses

Posted Image

There are two methods for making your rokkit packs.

Method 1:

You need sections of all your tubing, the thinner the tubing the longer it wants to be, everything except your thickest tubing also wants a second smaller piece for the funnel at the bottom.

Posted Image

Once cut, you need to glue your next thinnest piece fixed at the bottom.

Posted Image

Then continuing this till you're at the thinnest piece (it's usually best that this is a piece of rod, not tube), in this case where I have no intermediate piece for my widest tube I am using a pair of smaller rokkits, so there's no more intermediatery stages. On your thinnest piece it needs to be much longer than the others, to fix the bottom cone too.

Posted Image

Once done, affix the bottom cones, building up in thicknesses like the centre.

Posted Image

Then all you have to do is detail it with vanes and possibly other plates.

Method 2:

The components are a large peice and a small piece of your thickest, and then steadily larger pieces of your thinner rods, starting very small. Along with this you also need some thin plasticard.

Posted Image

The first thing is to cap the pieces of the largest tubing.

Posted Image

Then trim the caps to the edges of the tube, and form the other bits of tubing into cones and glue one to the small piece and the other to the large piece.

Posted Image

Once done, glue the cone to the flat end of the large piece, once more to detail later with fins and plates.

Posted Image

Now you just repeat for each pack you want, using various combinations of thicker and thinner pieces, more packs for Nobz obviously.
View some of my Waaagh here...

I Must learn to stop arguing with idiots, they drag me down to their level and kill my brain with experience... Seriously... I can feel it dribbling out of my ears....

warbossGrishnok

warbossGrishnok

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Speeding RedZz
vanquisher 101
thnkz to not_themilkybarkid (sorry for beating ya to it)!
hmm.......indeed!
thnkz alot for the cool avatar mukrot

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Hey, no problem on beating me to it. I thought the pics were too sucky for it to warrant 101 status, but apparently not! Thanks. :biggrin I'll try and take some better pics if I ever make another one of these, but if anyone else follows this walkthrough and has better photography skills than me (not hard) then please take pics so I can replace the sucktastic ones I have. :cheers

AlexTheGolem

AlexTheGolem

Skarboy

• Deathskullz
  • 1,421 posts
  • Army Name:Death skulls
Please remove this post, It wasn't very informational.
What has happened?!

"And the ships hung in the sky, in the same way that bricks don't." ~ Douglas Adams

GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment

KingNic

KingNic

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 575 posts
Modernising Ork Bikes
By KingNic

To start with, you will need the following:

1 Bike kit (no need to keep the driver - throw him)
1 Ork body, 2 shoota holding arms (1 for each side), 1 Ork head
1 plastic boarboy legs from the Warhammer fantasy Orc command sprue. Note that many Orc players don't actually use the plastic boar boy legs so you may be able to scavenge some rather than pay through the roof.
4 shoota's - preferably the four shown in the photo.
2 belts of bullets - note that you can use the ones on the shoota but I didn't have 2 of the shootas with the bullet belts attached.
A little bit of very very thing plasticard.

Posted Image

To start, we're gonna fix those stupid autocannons. Start by cutting off their barrels and the big shoota barrels.
Posted Image

And stick em together to make the big shootas:
Posted Image

Next we're gonna sort out the bullets. Cut the bike bullets out and throw them away:
Posted Image

Now cut a short length of sprue for each bullet belt and stick the belt to the bottom of them:
Posted Image

And stick them in place of the origional bullets:
Posted Image

Now, the evil sunz logo on the front of the bike. It's horribly 2nd edition-ish and doesnt fit in with the current ork army. Shave it off.

Now build up the main body of the bike:
Posted Image

The tracks are naff. Using the plasticard, give them a bit of detail:
Posted Image

You don't need to do them all up, just the ones that are gonna be seen. Of course if you're the type to add detail to the underside of vehicles then you may do them anyway ;)

Now cut the hands off the arms at the wrist:
Posted Image

And flip them over.
Posted Image

You now need to either cut the arms slightly to make them stick away from the body or use greenstuff to space them out. My post on making Dynamic Orks on the 101 compilation will certainly help here.

Put the bikers body together and you should have a modernised Ork bike :)

http://img84.imagesh...dscf22729oj.jpg

Completed bike squad:
http://img101.images...f22867sh.th.jpg
http://img101.images...f22874pj.th.jpg

Gashbad

Gashbad

Stompa Warz Champeen

• Freebooterz
  • 2,510 posts
  • Army Name:Gashbad's Loudboyz
KWIK AND EASY ROKKITZ!

By: Gashbad

A shot of some of the supplies you might need. Theres some plastic tubing (you can use cut up bits of a ball point pen if you cant find any), a good knife, super glue/plastic glue, pin vice, a choppa arm and some gubbinz from the boyz sprue

Posted Image

First thing you want to do is cut the tubing to the length you want. If you can get 2 thicknesses of tubing that fit snugly inside each other, then you can cut small bits that will go in either end of the larger tubing, if not just ignore those parts, you can still get a pretty cool rokkit without them (not to mention larger caliber). You want to chop the axe head off the choppa. Dont worry if the shaft is too long, that can be adjusted later.

Posted Image

Now drill a hole somewhere toward one end of the tube about the thickness of the choppa shaft with your pin vice.

Posted Image

Test fit the handle with the rokkit tube by inserting the choppa handle into the hole and letting the rest of the rokkit tube rest on the shoulder of the choppa arm. Check to make sure none of the handle is sticking through into the tube (that might cause some trouble when firing a rokkit!). If it is, trim it.

Now glue the tube in place

Posted Image

Remember those gubbinz I talked about? Well here they are again. Remove the blade and the handgrip from the knife. Be careful because the handgrip tends to be fragile and breaks easily. If it does, just carefully glue it back together. You might want to trim it down a bit so theres less of a gap when you glue it to the model. Just test fit and cut until it looks right

Posted Image

Stick the handgrip and targeter on and boom! Its a quick and easy rokkit launcha! You can easily add some extra details with plasticard if you want or more stuff from the boyz sprue, its your rokkit launcha after all!

Posted Image
This user has been given a total of four (4) 'free" rants as sporeday gifts from the members of this site.
Some conditions apply, check coupon for details

KingNic

KingNic

Stainless Steel Skull

• Speed Freaks
  • 575 posts
Fixing Trukk Drivers
Today we're going to be replacing the stock trukk drivers with some decent drivers. I'm not going to walk you through extending the trukk bed, just replacing the drivers. Unfortunately, you can't fit two drivers in the crew compartment, so that has to be fixed.

First build your trukk up to this level. Note that I've shaved off the noteable armour plates with my craft knife - these are supposed to be unique armour plates to every vehicle, yet they're the same on every trukk... That's always annoyed me so off they go!
Posted Image

Now make your 'eavy weapon. You need to shave off the back end of the weapon no that it's completely flat, like in the following picture. Note that I'm making a rokkit launcher so the big shoota has been modified as such. If you were using a big shoota for a weapon then you could convert it as such or just leave the weapon. All you really need to do is shave the back end flat.
Posted Image

Now we move onto the crew compartment. The compartment won't fit two orks side by side, so we're going to widen it. Cut off the parts where the front plates join with the compartment, so that the plates lie flat against the compartment. Now you need to cut off the sides of the compartment, as shown in the next photos.
Posted Image

Unfortunately I forgot to get a photo of the next step. What you need to do however is glue the sides of the compartment to the inside corners of the front plates. This will widen the compartment considerably, and once stuck to the trukk bed, will give you the following:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The crew can then have normal ork bodies stuck on top of the crew legs. Normally I would try to convert some sitting Ork legs from the boyz box, but you can't see the crew legs once the trukk is completed so it's a waste of the a perfectly good set of legs.
Posted Image

Two shoota arms and a handle give you a driver:
Posted Image

Whereas the gunner is more freeform:
Posted Image

Add a rigger, some baggage and you should end up with the following:
Posted Image
http://img227.images...f23201mr.th.jpg

Here's one I made earlier:
http://img227.images...f23243tt.th.jpg
http://img227.images...f23255yi.th.jpg

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,380 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
I can't see it in this thread, so here's Kr00zA's DeffRolla 101.

Totgeboren

Totgeboren

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 661 posts
  • Army Name:Gutrippaz smashaz
If you want goodlooking and dead cheap Killakanz, this is what you are looking for! :thumbs

Killakanz cheap and easy 101
"It is the misfortune of beings to be for us nothing else but useful showcases for the contents of our own minds."
/Harry G. Frankfurt

My orks.

My Stompa uv Deff!

My Traitor Guards and Word Bearers!

Da Goff Rokker

Da Goff Rokker

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 261 posts
  • Army Name:Da League of Ekstraurdinary Orks
Ahoy! If ya looking for some speshul working engines to your bike, buggy or plane, here is da place to go:

Scratchbuilding Engines 101

Hope that helped!

Cheers! :cheers

Da Goff Rokker

Krysath

Krysath

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 456 posts
By request from ghaleon88, a turbine 101 can be found inside my Deathkopta Mek thread...

Enjoy and happy lootin :thumbs
View some of my Waaagh here...

I Must learn to stop arguing with idiots, they drag me down to their level and kill my brain with experience... Seriously... I can feel it dribbling out of my ears....

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,376 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
Painting Yellow 101 added.

Clickage.

Grishgrub

Grishgrub

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,495 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Grishgrub Ironklaw / Grimtin's Remote Kontrol orks
Milliput casting guide

drabber

drabber

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 560 posts
  • Army Name:the Orkin Armada
I made this 101 for sculpting moldmaking and casting link

-brad

Elaric

Elaric

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 200 posts
My Powerclaw 101 is Here

Enjoy
Footsloggers Win/Draw/Loss 4/1/4

How does an Ork deal with engineering problems? More Rivets!
How does an Ork make a vehicle faster? Paint it Red!
How does an Ork test for mines? Send in the Grotz!
How does an Ork Deal with interpersonal issues? Choppas!
How does an Ork deal with the loss of a comrade? Laughter!
[DavicusPrime on MWG]

My monthly threat progress can be found here.

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
In light of a reacent Thread on Weldlines. i thought adding this thread (which basicly just links to it ;)) about weldlines by the snake!

The Snakes find
A genuinly profound and witty signature

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
Might aswell add this;
Slugga out of sprue and scrap, looks like a deacent way to 'quip yer grots too:
http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=22233

EDIT: