Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Feral Ork Warboss

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

ninjahamster

ninjahamster

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 33 posts
Hi Guys,

Started work on my Feral Ork warboss, using the Ogre Kingdoms Hunter model and Ghazgulls head, took me a while to cut orginal ogres head off (I love my dremel) Now question is, what do I use for the belly plate?

My choices are:

The horned skull that comes with the hunter
A glyph from the Warhammer Orc shields

The shield glyph looks a bit better and brings more 'Ork' to it, but the horned skull just looks mean :!

here's a quick pic of both (needs some more green-stuff work)

Posted Image
Posted Image

more pics (including ones of it complete with burna, can be found here:

here

Cheers for the comments in advance.

Jimmy

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts
DON'T use the horned head, it will be a complete giveaway that the model is based on the hunter model. I'd go with the glyph if I were you. Also try to break up the ogre form a bit, add a whole lot of orky stuff such as iron gobs and the such.
The original Waaaghbbit.
Please visit my modeling blog

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,709 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
definately the glyph :cheers
meh.

Da Skraplord

Da Skraplord

Steel Teef

• Blood Axez
  • 672 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skraplord's Kommandoz
Finally, a model that Ghazzy's head doesn't look HUGE on. :lol I concur, glyph all the way.

orkdom

orkdom

Flash Git

• Deathskullz
  • 1,064 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krimzun Feendzz
the glyph is definately better than the goff klan 'ead, of course :P i agree w/ silly buck toofed git on the ogre thing, there's a bit much of it IMO. definately add tonzagubbinz oll ova da git. :cheers

The Universe is Orkdom.

QUOTE (Ork Codex 4th Edition)
Gork and Mork are divine powerhouses, deities so strong they are never truly defeated. They simply shrug off the attacks of other gods with a raucous laugh. Gork grins, bearing his long teeth, and lands a mighty blow on his adversary's head with a spiked club the size of a comet. Mork, the master of cunning, waits until his foe isn't looking before clobbering him with a low blow.

ninjahamster

ninjahamster

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 33 posts
Having slept on it (ouch!) I'm leaning towards the Glyph idea as well, regarding the ork gubbinz any idea of what I could stick on there? I'm toying with the idea of using iron gobs on his feet as spiky steel toe-caps and putting another ork shoulder plate on the other shoulder, I've also got Ghazgulls Iron Gob, which I could hack up and stick on there - but that might over-power it a bit too much. Maybe a boss pole might lend a bit more 'orky' to it. :ponders

Black-Tooth

Black-Tooth

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 416 posts
  • Army Name:Black-Tooth Grin Clan
Try some stikk bombz. I know you may not want to, but I think they are good for decoration, plus they look orky.
Black-Tooth Grin

BiRELL

BiRELL

Stormboy

• Speed Freaks
  • 1,393 posts
  • Army Name:Da ┬┤Eabuttas.
Definatly the glyph, also i think you should "flesh out" the burna, atleast in the area closest to his hand. it looks weedy right now

Taucity

Taucity

Explosive Kranium

• Speed Freaks
  • 613 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bitzkrieg
glyph. But maybe said painted , the head could look good . The glyph is smal and looks good cause he is detailled for a feral ork not enormous. That's why it could be better than the head.
- Sports The War ! -
- The final swing is not a drill , it's how many people i can kill.-

Don't Forget, Kids...
The More Posts You Have,
The Bigger Your Penis Is.

Dokta Orkenstein

Dokta Orkenstein

Suction Foot

• Freebooterz
  • 590 posts
  • Army Name:Da Squigz uv WAAAGH
glyph all the way! just make sure you keep that skull for use someplace else (vehicle, etc.)
Cry 'avvik! an' let loose da Squigz uv WAAAGH!!

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,336 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
WOW. Good konversion. I love it. I do like the horned skull, but that's only because it's Goff. Better to go with the glyph plate. Great start for a feral boss. Keep us posted on how this boss turns out. Jobs a gud un. :thumbs WAAAGH! da feral warbosses
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Nice work :thumbs I agree the glyph is way better ;) Keep uz posted :thumbs
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

Shinobu

Shinobu

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
That looks really good :love . I'm all for the glyph plate as well, while I think Big Horns work better for Ferals than Iron Gobs I think the skull is too over the top and too big for the model. I don't like the shoulder pad though-way to small for such a huge model. I would either use plasticard to make bigger plates or maybe use GS/magic sculpt to model two skulls as shoulder plates. Would add to the feral theme imho.

BigmekGrotstomppa

BigmekGrotstomppa

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 59 posts
  • Army Name:NOS Boyz
I am not a big fan of that particular glyph, that being said I do agree any glyph would be better than the skull, for the same reasons as already stated. The ogre hunter model was a great choice for a feral ork boss I can't wait to see it painted.

JLobes

JLobes

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts
  • Army Name:Zudgrub's Kult of Speed
I dunno... I like the idea of the glyph, but that one is kinda poor for the job. Its too weedy lookin. I dont really like the skull on there either tho. Check out the Big Box o Nobs sprue, maybe get a glyph off the top of their pole, or maybe chop up that REALLY BIG pole that one nob is haulin around
Iv life givz u lemunz, make lemunayde. Den find sumone whooz life'z givven 'um vodka, n 'ave a party.

PK snip to the sig image delivered by the HQ

uglybeast

uglybeast

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 397 posts
  • Army Name:oDd Ballz
(I dont play fantasy warhammer) I personally like the look of the skull, even IF it does look like fantasy orge...the glyph just looks like a big belt buckle to me. Maybe use a tyranid warrior's head?

ninjahamster

ninjahamster

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 33 posts
Thanks for all the comments, I went for the Glyph in the end, I also added some stikkbombz and a slugga:

Posted Image

Some more pics can be found here

I also built up the burna a bit with some modelling chain, hopefully i'll have this guy undercoated tomorrow morning and i'll make a start on painting him after I get back from seeing 'Revenge of the Sith' :D

If the glyph looks pants when it's painted I can always rip it off and try the skull for size :)

GuRu

GuRu

Flash Git Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,467 posts
NICE KELET!

I'm really surprised an ogre body worked in the end. :thumbs
The original Waaaghbbit.
Please visit my modeling blog

Nose

Nose

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 429 posts
  • Army Name:Deathskulls
Holy Gork n' Mork!!! :eek that is realy awsome. :thumbs inspires me to loot some ideas there ;) Nice GS work. And just out of curiocity... what are his equipment :blush Anyway Realy great model, no complaints here!!! Now I just can't wait to see it painted!!! :thumbs Nose :cheers
There is only one PROPA color and that color is red....eummm I mean BLUE!!!

ninjahamster

ninjahamster

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 33 posts
Cheers :biggrin He's got a Burna, A slugga (so he can shoot before charging and still use a power weapon), frag stikkbombz, eavy armour and shiny bits, plus anything else I fancy giving him :)