Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fighta Bomma

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

WarbossKurgan

WarbossKurgan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,034 posts
  • Army Name:Da Fifty Fiff Bad Redz Brigade
I'm making a Fighta Bomma and I'm stuck for weapons. :dakka I need to make four Kannons: two for the wings and two for the hull. I also want a ball-turret mounted twin-linked big-shoota on the back. I've got a pile of bitz on my desk and no ideas! Help! (I'll post some pictures soon, honest)
Warboss Kurgan Ironhead
and
Da Fifty Fiff Bad Redz Brigade

Kharsnik

Kharsnik

Burna Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 403 posts
For the kannons you could use something like the white plastic tube from a bic pin then put some plasticard and rivits on it for detail. For the ball turrnet you just need to find a plastic ball about the right size and attach some big shootas to it. You might even use a styrofoam ball then layer it in plasticard. Getting the ball turent to actuly turn and rotate properly would be much harder then making a static one though.

Biv

Biv

Frantik

• Freebooterz
  • 2,005 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Bivrok!!
Go to a pet store and get some of those plastic cat balls. Someone on here used those for turrets and they turned out splendedly.
Step 1: Collect orks
Step 2: ...
Step 3: Waaaaaaaaagh!

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Plastic cat balls ...................yoink for shootas use round bic pens as Karshnik sed, but look at drilling sideways through them to get that big shoota look. You can do that by drilling a hole on a block of wood, then clamping the pen over the hole (use blue tac to help support it and stop it moving), then drill through the pen into the hole beneath. Use a small drill or score a nick with a knife to make a pilot hole to stop your drill skidding off. Repeat as required
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

WarbossKurgan

WarbossKurgan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,034 posts
I went with the drilled pens for Kannon. It looks great (thanks guys!) :cheers Most of the construction work is completed - I've just got to build a couple of Bombs now. The next question is colour scheme. I really want to paint it like the rest of my army (a Graveyard Earth and Scorched Brown cammo pattern) but I have this nagging feeling that Fighta Bommerz just have to be red. Wadda ya fink?
Warboss Kurgan Ironhead
and

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
  • Army Name:Gogripps Raiderz
They Don't haaaaave to be red, its just propa ;P i would go with first painting in your army's scheme, after that you pick out panels or details you would like to have red and paint them red!
A genuinly profound and witty signature

WarbossKurgan

WarbossKurgan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,034 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Warboss Kurgan Ironhead
and

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,989 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Datz looking right proppa! :thumbs Better than the FW one by far ;) Keep uz posted :thumbs
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

salty

salty

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 153 posts
  • Army Name:Personal Horde of Warlord Guzbag Mankrusha
Dats lookin cool buddy, real nice. Can't wait to see a painted piccie :D Salty :)

Me not Weedy

Me not Weedy

Weedy

• Deathskullz
  • 2,240 posts
  • Army Name:Not Weedy's Lootin Gitz
Ok, I am in love with this thing. :love My only issue is with using sprue as girders and such. You need to trim off those extra knobs and suck off of the sprue before you use it, IMO. Nevertheless this is a great job and your innovative use of bases and other bitz rocks!
Sometimes when I'm alone I pretend I'm a squig...
-silly buck toofed git

Whining aimlessly is totally my hobby.
-silly buck toofed git

Zogruks Taxiboyz

Zogruks Taxiboyz

'Ead Graft

• Speed Freaks
  • 717 posts
  • Army Name:Da red Gob Pirates
Well i like it but you betta need some bigger wings.... not just to make it apear as flyable, but to mount more dakka ;)
And my name is Zoggy!

"There's the right way, the wrong way and then there's the Zogruks' way."
"Isn't that the wrong way?"
"Yes, but faster!!!" //smokingmonkee

"Now lets all get drunk and play ping-pong!" // Gashbad

Thanks Mukrot for the Avatar!

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
the ultimate kitbash, is there a single non gw bit in there? great work!

WarbossKurgan

WarbossKurgan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,034 posts
Cheers Boyz! I'm afraid a part-list would only help for some of the bitz: A lot of this stuff is from very generous friends' Bitz Boxes as well as my own rapidly dwindling supply and some lucky finds from the "real world". Hull sides are Land Raider side panels (upside down) Tail sides and top turret mount are a chopped tin'ead Monolith panel Jet Engines are plastic tubes from the chairs in my office (oops!) Rocket Engine underneath is from a toy helicopter (G.I. Joe, Action Force or something similar) Wings are two layers of 2mm plasti-card sandwiched between X-wing Fighter components Air-intake is a large round base with "rivity" bitz from Chimeras and Leman Russ panels glued to the sloping edge Gattling Big Shoota pod is three defiler turret sides (two big right sides, one small left side) a Rhino turret and a round 25mm base Cockpit is a Land Raider engine-block as a base with the computer consoles from Rhino and Land Raider interiors mounted on the front of a Wartrakk hull. The sides are Wartrukk and Chimera bitz The Flyboy is a regular Ork torso on the legs from the Wartukk, fantasy Orc spear-arms and a Burna Boy metal head The entire thing is full of plasti-card "braces" horizontally and vertically to give it some strength and covered in many, many small components from Beakies, fish'ead, tin'ead, Ork, Orc and Guard sprues It's taken about five months, on and off, to gather the bitz, the enthusiasm and the ideas to get this monster together. The driving force is my local club are running a 40k Fighter game at the end of April (it keeps getting pushed back though - it was originally January!). So loads of people are building aircraft (a couple just went to Forge World but they have more money than skill……). One guy has made a tin'ead fighter that looks straight out of Battlestar Gallactica!
Warboss Kurgan Ironhead
and

orchead the red

orchead the red

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 181 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Dirkum
:search Check out the Games workshop " comic " Deff Skwadron if you wand inspired ... Dakka dakka dakka ..... OHTR :thumbs

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
basically, its a killer and only needs to be painted, hey try to get some pics of the fight and all the other fightas!

Taucity

Taucity

Explosive Kranium

• Speed Freaks
  • 613 posts
  • Army Name:Da Bitzkrieg

Hull sides are Land Raider side panels (upside down)
Tail sides and top turret mount are a chopped tin'ead Monolith panel
Jet Engines are plastic tubes from the chairs in my office (oops!)
Rocket Engine underneath is from a toy helicopter (G.I. Joe, Action Force or something similar)
Wings are two layers of 2mm plasti-card sandwiched between X-wing Fighter components
Air-intake is a large round base with "rivity" bitz from Chimeras and Leman Russ panels glued to the sloping edge
Gattling Big Shoota pod is three defiler turret sides (two big right sides, one small left side) a Rhino turret and a round 25mm base
Cockpit is a Land Raider engine-block as a base with the computer consoles from Rhino and Land Raider interiors mounted on the front of a Wartrakk hull. The sides are Wartrukk and Chimera bitz
The Flyboy is a regular Ork torso on the legs from the Wartukk, fantasy Orc spear-arms and a Burna Boy metal head
The entire thing is full of plasti-card "braces" horizontally and vertically to give it some strength and covered in many, many small components from Beakies, fish'ead, tin'ead, Ork, Orc and Guard sprues

lol !! holy :bleep i've never seen so much bitz doing a so beautiful work man...
Waiting for more .
- Sports The War ! -
- The final swing is not a drill , it's how many people i can kill.-

Don't Forget, Kids...
The More Posts You Have,
The Bigger Your Penis Is.

Zanbu

Zanbu

squig attack arm

• Snakebitez
  • 482 posts
  • Army Name:Da Wurm Kult
Do you really need models for Fighta bombaz since they are only used once in the game?
He was an avalanche from an unexpected quarter. He was a thunderbolt from a clear sky.
Commissar Yarric on Ghazghkull Thraka

ThorDUDE

ThorDUDE

Stormboy Nob

• Speed Freaks
  • 3,663 posts
they are used the whole game, and he said he was going to some sort of fighta competition, your thinking of the "Fighta-Bomma Raid" in codex armageddon.

WarbossKurgan

WarbossKurgan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,034 posts

:search Check out the Games workshop " comic " Deff Skwadron if you wand inspired ...
  Dakka dakka dakka ..... OHTR :thumbs

View Post

Oooooooooh yes :) Major source material for the whole build!

If you want to use Fighta Bommerz in the whole game check out the Imperial Armour books - rules for all Forge World models including flyers.

I'll try to get some shots of the other fighters....
Warboss Kurgan Ironhead
and

WarbossKurgan

WarbossKurgan

Flash Git

• Blood Axez
  • 1,034 posts
Posted Image Flyboy! Posted Image Posted Image Front

Posted Image Side Posted Image Tail Posted Image Belly

As promised!