Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

brettfp's Kult of Speed - Waaagh Sparktoof (Update Nov 6)

* * * * * 2 votes Kult of Speed Speed Freaks Conversion

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Skitzo

• Boyz
  • 2,382 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Nice, and congrats on the win :thumbs

• brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts
  • Army Name:Kult of Speed

Ok So with the new releases I'm getting back into my Orks!!

Before I get into it I figured I'd give my 2 cents on the codex. It seems like it's gonna be a lot of fun, unfortunately it seems that about half my army isn't in it. Because I've only played Orks in 8th, so they were built from the index, which seemed to ignore things like how hard it is to have 2 2-Handed Weapons

• My Nobz for my Boyz units can't have Kustom Shootaz anymore.....whatevs
  • My Spanner can't have a Killsaw anymore, that kinda sucks
  • My Nob Bikers no longer have Kombi-Weapons, Not a huge problem, but kinda annoying.
  • Big Mek Skrapgut doesn't have an entry....gonna have to think about this one, whether he should pull out his Shokk Attack Gun or perhaps upgrade him to Mega-Armour so he can keep his KFF, which will also make sense since I modelled his Battlewagon with a KFF...speaking of...
  • My Battlewagon doesn't quite fit into any of the new Battlewagon datasheets, It's got rokkets, which aren't in the codex, probably just use them as stikkbomb launchers and in the the index you could have both a Killkannon AND a Zzap gun....not anymore.....Also, as someone at my local GW pointed out, that new Mekshop kit would have been REALLY helpful when making the Mobile Mek Shop
  • No plain Warbuggies....after lovingly crafting 2 Buggies out of a Trukk Kit, it seems a shame, but I think I might retire them. I thought about using as one of the new buggies, but as much as I love them, they're not really as cool as the new ones (And as someone who does this for the converting and painting, cool models is all I care about)
  • And of course NO BIKER BOSS :( As anyone who's seen this thread from the start will know, This whole Waaagh! is built around Warboss Sparktoof...On his massive bike! I'm thinking that in the last few years maybe Sparktoof upgraded to a Deffkilla Wartrike. Could be a fun project to convert that thing to look like my Warboss :)

I know I could just keep using the index for some of these, but I don't like using multiple books and would prefer to use the new rules anyway. I'm looking forward to playing my first game with them. (hopefully soon)

So, onto the models, I also picked Speed Freeks (obviously) It looks like it's gonna be a fun game.

I've started work of the 2 Buggies, as always I had to do some conversion, but the models are so pretty it was kinda hard to know what to do, but I figured it out in the end :)

Shokkjump Dragsta

GjwtnIh.jpg

I wanted to add in some nods to my 2 previous buggies, so i gave this guy i big Ed Roth style Skull gear shifter.

I also added an easy-to-reach shoota for the driver, boosta rokkets, and a "That-A-Way" grot :)

Kustom Boosta-Blasta

Csna908.jpg

Don't Worry, the top isn't glued down, that's for after painting, Gave this one plenty o' skulls like my other buggy 'Skull Squisha'

Also added Stikkbombs, Nos tanks and wheel change.

Got a few tiny bits of GS and gap filling to do but other wise they're ready to start painting.

Gonna start on the bikers tomorrow, I have a few ideas for them :D

Thoughts?

Nice, and congrats on the win :thumbs

• greggles likes this

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Penelope the Wonder Pony

Thinks hes NTMBK

• Deathskullz
  • 4,476 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAGH! Blooskull
Actually, you can keep using Index gear options even if they got dropped from the Codex! Check out the flow chart here: https://www.warhamme...faqs-need-know/ So it's not the end of those models (yet).

Nice little mods to the new mods- I love the "no hitchhikers" gun for the driver :lol
  • brettfp and Nuck Fewton like this

Nuck Fewton

Nuck Fewton

Ridin' Boar

• Boyz
  • 118 posts
  • Army Name:Bugsnik's Brass Lads
Use the index until you can't is gonna be my jam
  • brettfp likes this

greggles

greggles

Looted Russ Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,952 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Love the nos tanks!

• brettfp likes this

brettfp

brettfp

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 60 posts
  • Army Name:Kult of Speed

Quick Update:

It's a Public Holiday here in Melbourne so I got a bunch of hobby done!! 

I finished building the 6 bikes from Speed Freeks

IrSxWPg.jpg

bt9aEwF.jpg

h7XjYDa.jpg

Eo7tG0w.jpg

NqdMEvu.jpg

ene9AZn.jpg

Not much to say about them, other than that as always it was fun adding the little unique twists to all of them.

I'll be painting them all as Evil Sunz (for 40k) but so I can still use them for Speed Freeks, 3 have Choppas, 3 have Sluggas

Thoughts?

Actually, you can keep using Index gear options even if they got dropped from the Codex! Check out the flow chart here: https://www.warhamme...faqs-need-know/ So it's not the end of those models (yet).

Nice little mods to the new mods- I love the "no hitchhikers" gun for the driver :lol

Thanks!

I know, but the wargear options are huge problem, it's more the units and I kinda wanna just stick to one book

Love the nos tanks!

• greggles likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kult of Speed, Speed Freaks, Conversion