Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WAAAGH GorGak! (returns for 8th edition.)

- - - - - Painting Pictures WAAAGH GorGak! Squanch

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dethkopta Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,739 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

some kind of scrap yard bases.

Scratch built or bought-in pre-cast resin ones :?

Looking forwards to seeing what you come up with :thumbs

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gor-Gak !

I'll scratch build them.  It shouldn't be too difficult as the larger the models is the more detail will be put into it. The boys will will just have less involved bases. I'm thinking plastic stock, quark board, dirt and what ever else look appropriate. 

Kick me! to see da blog! WWWAAAAAAUGH!!!

Takein' yer place at da top uv da Heap!

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts

Update, er. Blog updated.. 

http://warhead01.blo...f-painting.html

And here are a few of the better pictures. 

1015170955.jpg 1015170954.jpg

There are 28 of these little grots. Not sure where the last two ended up.  Probably eaten. 
In my last game the warphead had the idea to put da Jump on my mob of 30 grots. This would have gotten them killed except for realizing there was a better spot to put them. They would go on to pop a bunch of shots at some flying Beakies. the final tally would be 2 Beakies dead and one wounded. he was cooked by some burna boys just after that. 

1015170957a.jpg

I found a strange head in the bag these were in. I think it from AoS, one of the Iron Jaws kits.   (The one on the left.) 
I have another 20 or more that will be going along with these. work work work!

1015170958a.jpg

Nothing too flashy just yet..... 

Their gunz are as large as they are! 

1015171000.jpg

More Kannons! this will make 6 in total. 
I need to bring in one of the others to match them. 

I have a few Burna Boys in Bits I may build and paint as well in a month or so. I would like to get through these before I mess with those. 

Thanks for looking!

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dethkopta Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,739 posts

Those are some nice rust effects you've got going on those grot sluggaz and choppaz - even more eager to see your skrapyard bases now :thumbs

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts

The rust did come out well. it's just my usual dark brown + rust color but this time with a wash of gunmetal grey. That's gone dark, it used to be much brighter. I've had it for a while and maybe the pigment is separating? Who knows. 

I'm going to have to scrounge around for the stuff for the bases. I think they'll turn out nice.

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts

Good, wonderful, excellent, terrible news! 
I've finally got some pictures to show!

med_gallery_3442_13347_55528.jpgmed_gallery_3442_13347_86000.jpgmed_gallery_3442_13347_43397.jpgmed_gallery_3442_13347_59872.jpgmed_gallery_3442_13347_31500.jpg

Finally. Until yesterday I've had no inspiration for these guyz. 
For some reason I decided these Flash Gitz needed to be Deff Skulls  I've never painted any before. I think even though there isn't a lot of blue it did come out consistent with how the rest of my models are painted.  

gallery_3442_13347_67960.jpg

The storm boys are also done. I need a better picture of them. 
This took too long and I have no real reason why that was.  
I may get another box of Flash Gitz next year and I think I could use 4 or 5 more storm boys, giving me 60 of them. But it's for later. I still have 20ish storm boys that I haven't painted and need to. 

I spend too much time mucking about with the panzy project which has just irritated me. The only real good to come from that is getting things out of my system and picking the colors I plan to use for the project. those models were all over the place. My friend was asking what colors I used. I told him...all of them.  Yikes but that's just not working out. :lol

But enough about that. 
Thanks for looking in!

• Orkimedez, Badfang Brassaxe and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dethkopta Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,739 posts

Nice work on the gitz and especially with the face paint - got me wondering how they'd look with bloo heads with white skullz painted on their faces :?

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

The face paint is spot on. :thumbs It adds to the figures without being the only thing you see. Well done! :thumbs

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 616 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I suppose I've said this before, but your rusty metal effect is just fantastic. I have difficulty enough doing half as good a job on vehicles, let alone guns and shoulder pads on boyz.

The pink is also a nice touch that we rarely see on orks. Hopefully this means you've regained your mojo now!
  • warhead01 likes this
"Parry the 6!"

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts

I suppose I've said this before, but your rusty metal effect is just fantastic. I have difficulty enough doing half as good a job on vehicles, let alone guns and shoulder pads on boyz.

The pink is also a nice touch that we rarely see on orks. Hopefully this means you've regained your mojo now!

Thanks Boss!

That rust is super easy to do. Just get a ratty brush and some light rust color paint and stab it on over a dark brown base. The stab on some metallic. Give it a few washes Black wash, brown wash. Maybe an ink. Then add a few spots of color. and extra rust if you want!
The Pink is a magenta air brush paint over white. some where I have another one that I was using that comes out a little better. 

The war paint came out just about right, not too clean not to messy.  

I hope my mojo is back. haha. 

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts

Here's a few of the latest 10 storm boys. 15 painted now and 9 more to go. 

med_gallery_3442_13347_90239.jpg

Here's 4 more burna boys. 
med_gallery_3442_13347_62801.jpgmed_gallery_3442_13347_123470.jpg

I have quit a few of these guys that I still need to finish. Probably 30 of them. These guys were actually easy to paint which is off as I usually find them to be quite a bit of work just to get this far. 4 more to build and paint, 34 left to paint. I've been tempted to buy 2 more but I made those Kill Saw meks before so I think I'll just stick them in one mob with 8 burna boys for power level games. (Makes Kill saws an affordable option. lol.)

I still need to finish the 30 arrow boys for my Bonesplitterz tribe with luck I've lined an AoS game up for next Thursday when my scrumgrod will be able to play, He's driving up from Tampa for a few days.  I think he moved there so he could beat me in a game of who has a longer drive to the shop... Yikes. 
This Sunday coming up I have a game lined up with my other scrumgrod( scrumgrod number two.) who just bought my space wolves collection from me. so I have to go loose a game so he feels good about having bought them! :P  :lol  :lol  :lol  :/

No, really I'm going to try my best to wreck face. And I'll use the mist I have posted in the Army list section. But I'm thinking about trading out two smasha Guns for 2 bubble chukkas, just cause. But the less changes I make the better, far too much work, all that 'the maths". 

• Badfang Brassaxe and brettfp like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dethkopta Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,739 posts

Stormboyz lookin' the part but those burna weapons really do it for me - look right proppa :thumbs A nicely timed reminder for me too, when I set my BloodAxes up for a portrait earlier this year I noticed that my skarboyz had still got three burnaboyz for squad evvy weapons, doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to use them in 8th unless I make some more up to get them to unit size, and I've got some second hand boyz hopefully landing tomorrow from Ebayland, have to see how close I can get their weapons to looking like yours :biggrin

• warhead01 likes this

warhead01

warhead01

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,090 posts

Kannons!

med_gallery_3442_13347_104057.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_69260.jpg

They're getting there!

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dethkopta Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,739 posts

I know it doesn't make any sense from a gaming perspective but those cannons would look right proppa if you had some teams of boars towing them onto the battlefield - getting there in style  :D

• Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 237 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

A team of boars & a caisson would make it look like a real battery of guns. :thumbs

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Painting, Pictures, WAAAGH GorGak!, Squanch