Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stable Pix Blog?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers Giga, had another go at photographing him this morning - lighting's still not great, the colours are a bit warmer in the plastic :sowhat

nooboss_done_by_badfang-dc1thv4.jpg

Think it'll have to do for now - got too much backing up behind it >:

• DocNuK likes this

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 673 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
He looks lots better. Shoulder pad is indeed an improvement, mostly for the colours that are more in keeping with the rest of the model. Have you improved the paint job on the choppa, or is that just the lighting?
"Parry the 6!"

DocNuK

DocNuK

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 962 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play

i second garslag.

a lot more balanced with this shoulderpad in this caolors

i like the colors in this light.

In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Thanks guys, chuffed you like the shoulder pad mod - it's still a bit high from the shoulderboard than I was aiming for (and I've figured out another way to make it flatter :bang ) and the lighting is what was available from the daylight balanced tube in my work room and the sun coming through the window yesterday morning - you can see it's not quite right because in the third from left (straight-on) shot his eyes look white and they're quite definitely red. Garslag - the paint on the choppa (and the Milliput) have had one or two reworks so, basically, yes :lol

Still, now that the boss is on the shelf (for now) I've had chance to do a bit more to the buggys and boss bike

IMG_1905.jpg

There's not much more acrylic needs going on them before they'll be getting an oil wash and I've managed to bodge up a crib-sheet for some old skool power armour

BW3_Project1.jpg

And that should make sculpting a new SunBurnz bikerboss a bit easier :thumbs

• Giganotosaurus likes this

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts
  • Army Name:Grumpy's Toys

We likes da ol' skool power armor! I'd better like them, I have 18 of them.  :blush  Now if GW could make the current MANz look more like the old power armor.  :yes

P.S. The buggies have finished up well. Forward the pics to GW, the new buggy kit ought to be a 2 pack. Can't wait to see the boss on the bike.

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 673 posts
I am REALLY looking forward to seeing what you do with this biker boss. I really like those old skool power armour/meganobz, too. Sadly they're just too weedy to easily find a place for in a modern army. Now a badfang milliput version on the other hand.....
Did you ever see Derry's most recent batch of Meganobz, btw? He used some models that I've forgotten but which made really great meganobz with a more old skool, rounded shape to their armour.
"Parry the 6!"

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts

Garslag, they were Karmans from AT-43. You can find them cheap at: AT-43 Table Top Miniatures.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Thanks for the replies chaps, Giga - I've always thought that a new buggy kit ought to be done similar to the kan kit, as a triple pack that should really open up the options. Know and agree with what you're saying about the old power armour nobz, even when the original plastic orks came out the power armoured orks looked a bit weedy and when the size of the nobz got retconned - wasn't at all happy >: Must have seen Derrys' meganobz but my poor old memory used to get overloaded by the stuff he was putting out and I can only vaguely recollect them though I looked up AT-43 and apes in power armour.....sounds orky :thumbs

Started on a power armoured warbiker boss last night

IMG_1913.jpg

Had another look at him this afternoon and he's sat way too high so I ripped of the back end of the bike and redesigned the rear subframe

IMG_1918.jpg

Got the two rails coming back parallel from the top of the gearbox and flaring out to the mudguard - should let me get his knees (and feet) a bit lower down so that he looks a bit more in the bike rather than perched on top of it, meanwhile, I've got a part built biker boss who won't fit this bike any more :?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Got the buggies done-ish

Noo_Buggies.jpg

Probs find something else that needs doing tomorrow but they're largely there at least, got another big choppa nob done too

nooboss2_by_badfang-dc2nn0q.jpg

and that makes two

Now2.jpg

Managed to get the sleeves a bit thinner on this one by using nobs hands (which I still had to biggify) on boyz arms - seems to have worked ok. Trying sprue for the next one but I've already found that the sharp edges tend to push through the sleeves so the sprue needs Milliputting before the sleeves go on - no pix yet (battery on my camera died so it's recharging now) but part of the reason they took so long is I got some more new shiny fings... :bang

• DocNuK and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Milliput's taking soooo long to dry in this heat we're not having, got a bit more done on my bike boss

Sun_Burnz_Bike_Boss_1.jpg

Found that the reason he wasn't sitting on the bike properly was because I'd made the swinging arm too long and the front pivot was where the riders foot should be, so I spent a couple of days shortening it (yes, it really is taking that long for the 'put to set) and then found that the original boss now fitted quite well and the replacement I'd started was bigger than my existing MAWB, can't have that. Shame that I'd already started building another bike for the original boss but then I remembered doodling this when I was thinking my DeffSkulz Gorkanauts could do with some mobile KFF cover

Big_Mek_KFF_Bike_2.jpg

So I found a suitable wheel for the sidecar and modded the bike base

Big_Mek_KFF_Bike_1.jpg

and the other bikes got miniaturised coz why not :thumbs

Moar_Bikeboyz.jpg

And, since this started off as a DeffSkullz thredd and they haven't had anything for a while, I started on the DeffDredd that came with the painboy I used in my red unz thredd last year

orkydredd_wip1_by_badfang-dc2zl1j.jpg

Wonder if any of that Milliput's dried yet :?

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts

"Wonder if any of that Milliput's dried yet  :? " What do you think Sod & Murphy have been doing all this time? Of course it's not dry yet.  ;)  I like the reversed Dredd torso. I have never liked the Deff Dredd legs; way too weedy. From the looks of it, not too much is needed to make them size appropriate. I am looking forward to further Dredd updates. Belated kudos on the choppa nob, I always like a large, two handed, edged weapons being wielded with authority. Probably due to a childhood spent chopping trees & splitting logs, or possibly dain bramage.  :?

P.S. New shiny fings beat the heck out of old shiny fings gathering dust.  :yes

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Cheers Giga, chuffed you like the dredd, done a bit more today but the Milliputs still drying :snore Had to post one pik up today though

Belated kudos on the choppa nob, I always like a large, two handed, edged weapons being wielded with authority. 

and the only thing better than 'a large, two handed, edged weapon being wielded with authority' is

Noo_Banna_Nob2.jpg

:thumbs

Giganotosaurus

Giganotosaurus

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 277 posts

Now that's what I call a banner!  :yes   :love

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Thanks Giga, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - wanted to have some shots worth posting but I've kept adding to the 'to do' list in an effort to still get something done despite having to wait a stupid amount of time waiting on Milliput drying and ended up with more WiPs than you can shake a stick at and, of course, nothing actually done :bang

BloodAxe banna nob isn't far off paint now, after I'd finished his WaaaghBanna it was heavy enough that he wouldn't stop falling over on the 32mm base so I put him on a 40mm but that only just about stopped him tipping. So I got some lengths of brazing rod, bent 'em, cut 'em to length and glued the zoggers under his base, wasn't that much better. So I found a white metal grenade bag and stuck that on the back of his coat and then found some old white metal in my melting pan, heated it up and poured it onto a couple of bean tin lids, dragged it out as it cooled and after it cooled stuck it on the base before flocking. It'll stand at a reasonable angle now and still weighs less than 2oz. :thumbs

Banna_Nob_ready_fer_paint.jpg

And, coz I'm taking my SunBurnz to the next WaaaghMeet I thought I'd better start on another contender for the 'I've got the most ludicrously oversized WaaaghBanna on the table' award

Sunz_Bannanob.jpg

And I've got the sidecar to stay on the bike and managed to primer up the BossMeks' KFF trike too, sorted his grot on/off switch out and started work on the KFF tower and the Mek him self

KFF_Mek_Bike_Wi_P1.jpg

OozToofs' orkydredd still needs a bit of work but should be joining the paint queue soon

Orky_Dredd_Primer_Wi_P.jpg

So I'll be painting Red unz, Green unz and Bloo unz all at the same time, I'm probably going to need another wet pallette :sowhat

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Aaaaand after a while enough Milliput set on my SunBurnz biker boss that I was able to get some primer round him whilst it was still warm enough to spray

Sunz_Bossprimer2.jpg

Used a spare one of the deffgunz Karfang gave me for his dakkagunz and once the bike's painted (or, at least the engine) that can be fitted and glued proppa

Sunz_Bossprimer1.jpg

Wiv a bit of luck at least this un'll be ready for the WaaaghMeet :D

• Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 673 posts
That is fantastic!! He looks just like an 80s ork in modern scale!!! This is my favourite thing to happen to the Meks Garage in, like, ever. THat's pretty much all scratch built hey? I'm sure his claws are off the trukk boarding plank but there's nothing else there I recognise. What is the purpose of the rod from the handlebars to the front wheel?
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

Cheers Garslag - I wish I'd thought of using the hooks off the trukk boarding planks for the klaws :bang They're actually four of the boyz choppaz cut out with wire cutters, if you look at the thumb, rotate it vertically and stick it on the inside of the finger then imagine the shaft coming down forwards from the palm....

Still having issues getting the Milliput to set properly so it was a bit of luck finding a black orc(?) standard with an EvilSunz face on it which I was able to remove and insert into his shoulder plate - saved a bit of work anyway :biggrin

Garslag

Garslag

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 673 posts
He would've been a perfect Wazdakka back in the days when Wazdakka used to wear mega armour
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Dreadnought Pilot

• Boyz
  • 1,861 posts

LOL - at least the trukk bike's big enough that he wouldn't have needed a roof rack for his battlekannon

wazzy_rt_by_badfang-dbj1m5y.jpg