Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nusphigor's Orks o'Sumthin' (pic heavy)

- - - - - Orks Snakebites Waaagh!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Garslag

Garslag

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,071 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Oh hells yes. I missed this guy when you posted the wip. He looks just fantastic. What is the base model?

I like that you've done less pink on his face than some of your boyz. To my eye, it looks great around the lips as on the boss, but starts looking a bit out of place the further into the face it gets. This is just my opinion of course!

Those night gobbos look great as snakebite grots, don't they? I have done a few like that myself,
  • nusphigor likes this
"Parry the 6!"

nusphigor

nusphigor

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
  • Army Name:Orks o'Sumthin'
Thank you mate :)

Yes, i have been reworking the lips of the boys to resemble the warboss because it looks way much better.

Da boss is a pewter mini from the special edition of old warhammer online, i just glued on the dakka bits.

On another note, i got to play my first two games of 8th yesterday and won both of them :P
I would like to say that it was because of my huge tactical prowess as i've been blessed by mork buy i'd be as a liar as a grot xD
Both games were against a really tough iron hands beakie army with a couple of dakka contemptor mortis. We were playing the random mission cards and the first game we had to capture and held two objectives for one full round in order to win. The catch was that we had to deploy our armies on 3 waves.
I deployed the grot wave first alongside my kff mek, weirdboy, runtherd and da big guns. So I used da jump on a squad of 20 grots and moved them towards the objective. My friend had no idea i was going to do that (as common sense would dictate to use it on boys) so he tried as much as he could to eliminate that unit. On the end three grots survived the morale phase and won me the game on the first round xD

The second game was as close as could be. We had to search for an ammo cache hidden on one of six objectives and when i found it i tried to move as many grots and boys as i could in order to keep it under my control.
In the end of rhe fifth turn i managed to get a hold of it with two lucky grots after many many waves of beakie shooting and i only killed like 7 scouts and 4 servitors xD

Fun games anyway. 8th makes me remember 4th ed somehow

Thanks for reading!
  • Garslag likes this

nusphigor

nusphigor

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
  • Army Name:Orks o'Sumthin'

Now that I'm back on my home I was thinking I need some power klaws on my army because the combats with the dreads were too long (trying to chip off wounds with a big choppa was too hard, even if it did 2 dmg at each blow it was quite difficult because of those saves).

So I've been trying to build a couple of power klaws with some plasticard I got to finish my vehicles, but its been quite the challenge!

anyone has any tips on how to build them? also on how to build orky vehicles like tanks and such?

Cheers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orks, Snakebites, Waaagh!