Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ork Tips and Tricks for The New Codex (2018)

- - - - - tips tricks guide tactics codex

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Orkimedez

Orkimedez

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 385 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh

So how are you all playing the regular boyz?  Sluggas and choppas or shootas?

Depends strongly on your clan of choice.
- Goffs choppa+sluga
- Deaths skulls, min size shootas
- Bad moons, big squad shootas
- evil suns, choppas
- snake bite and blood axes, not a real winner but as orks are CC mostly, I would say choppas.

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,090 posts
  • Army Name:Trust in Rust

Max size, 20 choppas, 9 shootas, nob pk/rokkit (death skulls)

qluaid

qluaid

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 20 posts
Evil suns are easily the best shoots boys. Most threat range and no penalty for advancing. Waaaay better than badmoons

Q

uberdark

uberdark

Periscope

• Evil Sunz
  • 789 posts
  • Army Name:WAZDAKKA'S WAAAAGH!!!

Well i'm going with an Evil Suns army and was thinking of loading them up in vehicles but not sure that's the way to go.  Thought about having them footslogging it with a gretchin screen and them all with shootas.

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,090 posts

My local meta has been filling buckets with tears from my death skulls.  Even the top 9th player at LVO was losing his mind over them.  Sorry for everyone who runs deff dreads.  If anybody in my meta comes across you, they are dead turn 1.

I'd say if you are an ork player, enjoy death skulls while they last.  They are just so unbelievably strong.

Skumdreg

Skumdreg

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,448 posts
  • Army Name:Dreg Boyz

My local meta has been filling buckets with tears from my death skulls.  Even the top 9th player at LVO was losing his mind over them.  Sorry for everyone who runs deff dreads.  If anybody in my meta comes across you, they are dead turn 1.

I'd say if you are an ork player, enjoy death skulls while they last.  They are just so unbelievably strong.

What's your list? There is high anti infintry at the moment in my meta so I'm finding mass boyz with kff and snakebite trait is surviving me really well.

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,090 posts

I dropped the kff, because death skulls have a 6+.  My 1500 point list is a miss match of stuff.  It's

Warboss killa klaw/rokkit

Big mek suppa shokk gun

Weirdboy

30 boyz (pk/rokkit nob)

5x 10 grots

2x mek with kmb

1x painboy (with mob of boyz)

Battlewagon, 2x BS, Deff rolla

two or three deff dreads with 2x saw/kmb (can't remember if 2 or 3)

3x smasha guns

1x shokk jump

2x megatrakk

Brigade, minus 1 cp for warphead, 1 cp for extra gubbins, 1cp for dread waagh.

Its not a hyper optimized list by any means, but its raw damage output if you roll well is borderline ridiculous.

Painboy heals characters and fnp's the group of boyz.  With a 6++ and a 6+++, it takes some doing to actually whittle down the mob, so i usually can bring them back for 3 cp.  Dreads usually walk because they do more damage shooting then in CC.  Meks with kmbs in the BW with a unit of grots for mobile dakka/objectiving.

dscarlatella

dscarlatella

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Ive had great luck with a list similar to Greggles above. Biggest difference is Ive been taking 3 Dragstas and 3 Scrapjete over the Deffdreads (deepstriking them seems to be hurting my lists since things tend to just run away or blow them up once they arrive on the table)

Latest list idea is also looking at dropping the large boyz mob and a few buggies in favor of some smaller squads in kmb warkoptas and rokkit trukks (Need an excuse to finish some fw models that have been sitting in baggies for far too long)

greggles

greggles

Paranoid

• Boyz
  • 2,090 posts

Slight changes to my above list.  Dropped a scrapejet (didn't feel like painting two) for 3x kmb deff koptas.  Scrapjet is probably the better play (3x scrapjets is probably the best slot in).  Painboy with boyz is doing crazy work.  Might consider dropping choopas and just going with shootas, as I have a chaff killing problem.

Still experimenting with 3x KMB on the dreads (just walking them).  I think i like 2x kmb just cause they look cooler. 

Shokk gun mek with relic has collected buckets of tears.  Buckets.  Killed an evesor assasin (new one) in overwatch.  Bit of rage from that one!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tips, tricks, guide, tactics, codex